• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Plane searches fail to relocate pings.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/08/malaysia-jet-searchers-fail-to-pick-up-signals-heard-over-weekend/?intcmp=latestnews

They are gone.I sure was not holding my breath.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Onus on MAS to prove black box in tip-top shape.It sounds to me that there was issues with the black box on this plane.Could that be on purpose?

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/259281

I'm sorry but you're losing me here; what purpose could there be in causing 'issues' with the black boxes and how on earth could that be accomplished?  These devices are built into the aircraft and maintenanced on a schedule. The two boxes are not even in the same part of an plane and are not accessible from inside it.  The chances of someone tampering with them are very remote and, as they rerecord every two hours, erasing something would be useless as well. 

Onus on MAS to prove black box in tip-top shape.It sounds to me that there was issues with the black box on this plane.Could that be on purpose?

I'm sorry but you're losing me here; what purpose could there be in causing 'issues' with the black boxes and how on earth could that be accomplished?  These devices are built into the aircraft and maintenanced on a schedule. The two boxes are not even in the same part of an plane and are not accessible from inside it.  The chances of someone tampering with them are very remote and, as they rerecord every two hours, erasing something would be useless as well. 

Yes,I see your point.It is just my evil paranoia coming into play again. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes,I see your point.It is just my evil paranoia coming into play again. :mgcheerful:

paranoia can often be a good defensive system.....    as long as we don't get carried away with it.   Has made/saved me a good sum on money in the Stock Market a time or two.  Often paranoia is just your subconscious telling you somethings wrong, and it would be kind of hard for me to say that there isn't anything wrong with all this...

paranoia can often be a good defensive system.....    as long as we don't get carried away with it.   Has made/saved me a good sum on money in the Stock Market a time or two.  Often paranoia is just your subconscious telling you somethings wrong, and it would be kind of hard for me to say that there isn't anything wrong with all this...

Yes,their is a good paranoia which keep you alert and a bad paranoia which is the mental illness.I don't have that  :biggrin2:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

1. As to paranoia, the rest of the world would read this thread as total paranoia! There is nothing such as "good' paranoia. Paranoia has been used effectively over the centuries to keep a population living in fear and compliant to the government of the day. It is only when one views this from the outside one can see the paranoia within a society. I lived through it my country, and it is still effectively used to manage the masses by many governments.

2. As of a few minutes ago they had heard another two sets of pings from the same area, one for 5 minutes and one for 7. The interval of 1.06 seconds between pings can only be the flight recorder

The Australian PM is confident they are getting closer to triangulating the source.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

9 April 2014 Last updated at 14:01

Teams searching for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane have reacquired signals that could be consistent with "black box" flight recorder.

Signals heard earlier had also been further analysed by experts who concluded they were from "specific electronic equipment"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26950387

I am skeptical.I do not trust easily.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

You don't HAVE evil paranoia, Bopeep.  You have what's called brick-wall skepticism and that's a good trait to have.  I know we are all fed theories about this plane 24/7 and everyone I talk to believes someone is covering something.  I agree but what I believe is being covered up is the ineptitude and lack of security in that region.  Especially Malayasia; they lose a plane and don't do anything about it for eight hours??? Several other countries let a plane that size, unidentified, fly through their air space?  That's mind boggling.  I think they don't want their vulnerability and lack of technology exposed.

You don't HAVE evil paranoia, Bopeep.  You have what's called brick-wall skepticism and that's a good trait to have.  I know we are all fed theories about this plane 24/7 and everyone I talk to believes someone is covering something.  I agree but what I believe is being covered up is the ineptitude and lack of security in that region.  Especially Malayasia; they lose a plane and don't do anything about it for eight hours??? Several other countries let a plane that size, unidentified, fly through their air space?  That's mind boggling.  I think they don't want their vulnerability and lack of technology exposed.

Exactly and there has been alot to say about that on the news.