• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

And according to standard news sources, they continued flying 4 hrs after being lost on radar, based on the pings sent from the engines to a satellite which is a standard thing with the engines of that manufacturer.

And according to the NY Times:

"Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 experienced significant changes in altitude after it lost contact with ground control, and altered its course more than once as if still under the command of a pilot, American officials and others familiar with the investigation said Friday.

"Radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appear to show the missing airliner climbing to 45,000 feet, above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200, soon after it disappeared from civilian radar and made a sharp turn to the west, according to a preliminary assessment by a person familiar with the data.

"The radar track, which the Malaysian government has not released but says it has provided to the United States and China, then shows the plane descending unevenly to an altitude of 23,000 feet, below normal cruising levels, as it approached the densely populated island of Penang, one of the country’s largest. There, the plane turned from a southwest-bound course, climbed to a higher altitude ..."

IMO, the above suggests a struggle in the cockpit and (1) a novice takes over the controls of the jet and finds them complicated to operate, or (2) a more experienced flier who wanted to incapacitate the passengers by forcing them back into their seats by climbing and then diving the jet.

And then there's this:

"... The erratic movements of the aircraft after it diverted course and flew over the country also raise questions about why the military did not respond in real time to the flight emergency. Malaysian officials have acknowledged that military radar may have picked up the plane, but have said they took no action because it did not appear hostile."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/malaysia-military-radar.html?emc=edit_na_20140314&nlid=34808475&_r=0

Apparently it's cheaper for the Malaysians to call in a witchdoctor than scramble aircraft to intercept an unknown aircraft flying erratically in their air space.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

more like Pakistan should that be the case.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't know about you all, but I sure am getting tired of the "latest reports" coming forth that are later debunked.

Sigh.

well it is a lot more exciting than "I don't know"

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Maybe the Jolly Green Giant ate it....  :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The pundits are talking this situation to death.  Keep in mind that NO ONE knows what happened  I wish they would stop the unending coverage of, basically, no facts whatsoever. 

The pundits are talking this situation to death.  Keep in mind that NO ONE knows what happened  I wish they would stop the unending coverage of, basically, no facts whatsoever. 

I wonder if they are trying to cover up something.But that is my paranoid mind speaking.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

But there are facts coming out MG. For instance, data indicates (as posted in a really good wall street journal article) that the plane headed west/northwest and reached certain aviation waypoints that are standard means of flying in that direction. There is also evidence that the pilot at that point was adept at evading civilian radar, indicating a military background. This isnt hyped speculation. This is gathering information that will give some indication of what happened to it. 

Im of the opposite view of you though. I wish we had more information, not less coverage. I ignore the opinion/conspiracy pieces and focus on the stories of real information. 

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

But there are facts coming out MG. For instance, data indicates (as posted in a really good wall street journal article) that the plane headed west/northwest and reached certain aviation waypoints that are standard means of flying in that direction. There is also evidence that the pilot at that point was adept at evading civilian radar, indicating a military background. This isnt hyped speculation. This is gathering information that will give some indication of what happened to it. 

Im of the opposite view of you though. I wish we had more information, not less coverage. I ignore the opinion/conspiracy pieces and focus on the stories of real information. 

thats what some data suggests right now, with everything, everyones just flapping their jaws no one really has a clue in my opinion. Im not against open media, Im glad their reporting-but it really is just flapping jaws at this point.

It all seems like the plane was hijacked  :hmmm:

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

maybe they all decided to form their own little cult and find a small island to hide on to escape the world.