fire-heart

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I fear that people will look at my life and be turned away from God/Christianity. I'm working on it...but sometimes I find myself blending in with the world.

Sister, that is one of the wake up calls God sent to me when I backslid. If people have to ask me if I am a Christian, something is wrong.

The only "work" that it takes is repenting, to read the Bible and pray daily, and to attend church regularly. Ususally our interests change when we are in His word, communing with Him, and surrounding ourselves with more mature Christians. We start allowing Him to live in us to love others and to forgive.

We don't work at bearing good fruit. It is produced naturally when we are connected to the Vine. The branch does not grunt and groan to produce a grape. It just drinks in the sun, the water, CO2 and the nutrients provided by the vine. It is God Who gives the growth.

I can't say that I have much fear as a Christian. I do fear for others, for the heartache that is in store for them should they continue to make ungodly choices.

Hallelujah . I love the vine metaphor . I love it because I use the vine,or the grape seed,and stages it goes through in growth,as we must do to,and I have a few here in my garden

a bit like me,rather 'overgrown'.

Edited by Organic Medicine

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Organic Medicine,

Your replies to my post and to Bethany's post were .... well, awesome.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts/advice. I learned a lot from both replies.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6

Fear of God takes away your fear of Man.  If you are a Christian, and you have developed down the right path, then the only thing you should fear is God.  Son's of God are mighty men.  You gain a fear of God by learning to joyfully endure trials so that you can grow in faith and patience; also, if you ask Jesus into your heart, and then fall into sin and idolatry, then he will just let you be filthy and live in your sin and pain for awhile till you learn to listen. 

Know of the Love of your God who sacrificed his only son, but always remember the Jesus in Revelations.  He is scary. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Birthday:  12/21/1990

That I will become a bad Christian. For personal reasons , I'm unable to celebrate Easter and Christmas for the next at least 4 to 8 years...I think that I'm being an extremely bad Christian and I seriously feel sad. I even sometimes do self-harm.