• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

You want me to share with you biblical evidence of dinosaurs, but any mention I bring up, you can say it's poetical and has no merit?  Job mentions Behemoth which is described as a Brontosaurus.  History is full of stories of dragons and such.  The word dinosaur wasn't coined until the 1800s.  But science says all of these stories are myths.  But it's enriched in every culture, these massive beings.  There's carvings, cave paintings, Ica Stones, historical accounts of encounters and on and on. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

You want me to share with you biblical evidence of dinosaurs, but any mention I bring up, you can say it's poetical and has no merit?  Job mentions Behemoth which is described as a Brontosaurus.  History is full of stories of dragons and such.  The word dinosaur wasn't coined until the 1800s.  But science says all of these stories are myths.  But it's enriched in every culture, these massive beings.  There's carvings, cave paintings, Ica Stones, historical accounts of encounters and on and on. 

I am not doubting the existence of dinosaurs.  What I doubt is that Genesis is intended as an historical narrative.  What I doubt is that the author of Genesis knew anything about dinosaurs.  What I doubt is that dinosaurs existed at the same time as man.  What I doubt is that every species or even half, including dinosaurs (take 2 of EVERY KIND....read "dinosaurs" + elephants etc. etc.) made it into NOah's ark. 

And yes, Leviathan shows up in the poetical books and mentions events in creation not mentioned in Genesis.  These "conflicts" bear similarities with other mythic poems in which chaos is defeated by military combat.  Leviathan is a symbol of chaos just as darkness and the sea in general are (Cf. Revelation where darkness and the "sea" are "no more").  The details of Job are so vague that it could easily be a crocodile.  NOte that it hides under "reeds" (kind of small).  Note that it is described as "still alive", like a crocodile, not a bront.

clb

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Yeah I just don't get why they can't accept there is more than one way to interpret the evidence!  years.

No, the problem is science lets the evidence tell the story, while creation science is telling the evidence what it is saying.

Much of modern "science" is people taking the evidence and making up their own story. They have their story, now they do exactly what creationists do and fit the evidence to match their story.

If we could filter out all scientific speculation and bias (aka man's opinion) and just look at just the facts and evidence, modern science would look much different.

Actually, I was an atheist and evolutionist until I was 19 when I became a Christian.  I realized that everything I believed and studied before didn't match up with what I read in the bible, so I started to study alternatives.  The more I looked at it, the more I felt kinda dumb.  I'm not calling anyone who accepts evolution as dumb...just sharing that I felt dumb for ever thinking the universe and everything within could've ever come to be by itself without the help of a Creator.  And if an all-powerful Creator Being exists, as I believe He does, He shared with us how He did it.  And He could've done it by speaking everything into existence in a process that scientists would say took millions and millions of years.  That's the only way they can come up with those kinds of figures...because it would take millions (or billions) of years to happen on their own without God.  But I now don't believe it could've happened at all without God and that changes everything.

Awesome testimony. :D

Time is relative, right?  And God exists outside of time.  God created time.  Therefore, He could have created the universe in a way that took billions of years, or ten minutes, or a nanosecond. 

But yeah. I agree with you that it couldn't have happened without God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

===========================================================================

What I doubt is that dinosaurs existed at the same time as man.

ancient50_zpsb5ff6a66.jpg   ancient48_zpsb73eba39.jpg   acambaro-dino-hi-res-252x300_zps61b77c8b  Gryposaurus-and-Dogon-Bronze_zps12f6b849Ica-Stone-Hunting-Dinos-Cleaned-Up1_zpsaCambodia-Dinosaur-Closeup-300x286_zps9a4

What....They just guessed??

They've got thousands of these.  Here's a Ton:  http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/

I'm starting to worry about you Connor.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

So then ancient depictions of aliens would be evidence of visitors from outer space? :confused:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

So then ancient depictions of aliens would be evidence of visitors from outer space? :confused:

You actually thought this through before posting?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

ancient50_zpsb5ff6a66.jpg   ancient48_zpsb73eba39.jpg   acambaro-dino-hi-res-252x300_zps61b77c8b  Gryposaurus-and-Dogon-Bronze_zps12f6b849Ica-Stone-Hunting-Dinos-Cleaned-Up1_zpsaCambodia-Dinosaur-Closeup-300x286_zps9a4

They've got thousands of these.  Here's a Ton:  http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/

Hahaha.

Good call.  No, that was an inadvertence.  I admit (and you can take advantage of this) that I am having difficulty at what I call "playing the game".  I don't read Genesis 1-12 like you and others do.  But in order to challenge you I have to assume that view point (in argument it's called "beating them on their own terrain"). It's rather difficult, but very good mental exercise.  So I am juggling a bit and sometimes drop the ball.  All the other points however stand.  Chiefly, that the author of Genesis knew about dinosaurs and that dinosaurs made it onto Noah's ark.  The question of whether historical men co-existed with historical dinosaurs I leave to science--and apparently (as shown above) they did.

clb

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Blessings Old School

lol....I guess you will have to take it up with God,I did not write 2Peter 1:20-21........He is the One that has told us the Scriptures are not written by anyone's interpretation...

2 Peter 1:20-21 Amplified Bible (emphasis mine)

20 [Yet] first [you must] understand this, that no prophecy of Scripture is [a matter] of any personal or private or special interpretation (loosening, solving).

21 For no prophecy ever originated because some man willed it [to do so—it never came by human impulse], but men spoke from God who were borne along (moved and impelled) by the Holy Spirit.

OK, but to me, being moved and impelled (urged) by the HS still sounds like inspiration, not dictation.

And I almost forgot that "the spirit of the prophets are subject to the prophets" (1 Cor. 14:32).

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

hahaha, and you expect to be taken seriously when you comment on science? 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

^ you just completely dismiss the evidence he shared?  I tried to post photos but it wouldn't let me.  There are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of such evidence.  But it's ignored and even in a lot of cases covered up by science.  They've even gone out of their way to destroy evidence on cave walls and hide the bones of giants while promoting their theory of evolution with hardly any supporting evidence.  You'll see this created image of what Neanderthal might've looked like from their imagination, but hide the bones of giants and try their best to discredit anything and everything that supports a young earth. 

And what motive do they have to do that?  Money.  The moment anyone even mentions intelligent design, they are ridiculed and instantly lose all credibility in the scientific community.  They will most likely lose their jobs.  So they have a reason to keep up with their lies and remove all evidence of Creation.