• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

PrairW.....

you may not be feeling the love...maybe others are feeling the love

what do you have against people expressing their POV?

I have agonized over this thread!  My heart broke each time condescending remarks are made

IMO, that's a bit over the top.  I think you may be reading into things somewhat.

God's message is also repent....or He won't be showing much love either

Consider the story of Noah...would you personally have condemmed every single person on earth to a watery grave save Noah and his family?

I honestly don't think I could have...I can't stay angry at people much less do what God did

Perhaps a little more reflection on realizing you do not know everyone's heart just as I don't

I find the type of post you made to be judgemental.  Did you mean it that way?  I don't think you did...but you may be uncomfortable here...I'm not...nor have I argued with anyone

Some people just think that everyone has to be hugging off everyone elses' neck all the time....the Bible does not read like that at all

I'm not sure we really need a mood moderator here....maybe you just feel uncomfortable?

I'm just trying to convey how your post appears to me

We cannot be offended every time a little heat arises or we don't all agree....I find this to be a true observation throughout scripture...the real interesting thing, is that God uses all our

different personalities and we all learn

That's really how I see it

I understand your post...but I truly do not see the need for the concern you are expressing

No offense whatsoever intended

Ephesians 4:3-6 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

this is one of my favorite Bible verses.  I agree with don't gossip and so on...but we are not discusing the behavior of Christians in church...but rather a movie that it seems

people cannot decide what they should think about it

I'm not ready to hold hands and sing about it yet...but just reading here, I have accepted the fact that this is prob not a movie I will see as God Himself surely objects

to the distortion of His word...

Again, I hope you understand what I wrote and try to see that I am not trying to hurt you or argue with you...I just felt your post should have a response...and anyone can

respond and disagree with me also

I do not like to see good discussion, where you can be honestly heard without fear,  be turned into a wrangling of the words and accusations to one another that one does not know or understand Scripture.   I pray we all remember that no, not all do, nor will know Scripture well.  It is a long process and takes a lot of time to absorb the Living Word of God.  God is living!  Jesus is the Living Word, there is something new to learn each and every day, no matter how much you read the Bible, or have studied.  

You have to learn to overlook some things.  Like the story of your daughter, we are not all in the same place.  Building stones sometimes need a little chiseling

• Group:  Royal Member

I was talking to someone who saw it, who is a well grounded believer. He said that is a pretty accurate view of how inaccurate the movie was from a biblical standpoint. 

I guess the positive side to all this is now we know Hollywood is false, and any Bible film that comes out of it needs to be tested and looked at. It's good to be aware with eyes wide open and the belief system that comes from the producer and the writers, what their agenda's are. All it shows me really is that people are getting money hungry.

Last night I saw a brief interview with the director...or producer...sorry not sure...but he seemed to think his movie was agreeable to Christians also.  

I don't see 'agendas' in movies...I tend to enjoy them for what they are....not true and I'm sorry, but entertainment....my husband will say...this or that has an agenda...and I just don't see it

Not sure why...but I never have questionned my beliefs due to a movie or series...but I understand some have?  

Maybe that is the insidious nature of presenting a story from the Bible....anyway, it seems it may not be getting fantastic reviews period

When I was young....Noah's Ark was my favorite Bible story...anyhow, we might buckle up.....it probably won't get better

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Of course, many churches do not teach the full effect of what happened in Noah's day.

Noah was declared to be perfect in his generations (we would say genetics)

Genesis 6:9 (NKJV)

9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

The other translations say blameless or upright in his generation or among his people.

The devil has interfered with the plan and goings on down here on earth from the beginning. Not to get into the angel / human cohabitation debate here, however it was done the gene pool of earth had become tainted and corrupted. So God had to wipe the slate clean and start over again with Noah (the second Adam). No, Jesus is not the second Adam as some claim. If you check the scriptures ( Corinthians 15:45, Jesus is called the last Adam.

That is pure and utter garbage. You have been watching too much "ancient aliens" on the History Channel or some other similar kind of nonsense.  It's amazing what grown men and women will believe.

The phrase, "he was perfect in his generations has nothing to do with his physical make up.   It has to do with with his integrity.  The word "perfect" in Hebrew is a word that means that He walked in integrity.  It means that Noah walked uprightly and was a man of good moral/ethical quality to a degree that pleased God.  The word generation has nothing to do with genetics.  The Hebrew word doreh does not apply to something like that.

Angel human/cohabitation is utter nonsense.

Tatian (110-172); Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyons ; Clement of Alexandria ); Tertullian ; Origen ; Lactantius ;  Methodius of Philippi, Minucius Felix, Commodianus, and Ambrose of Milanalso would all disagre with you....

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know, Saints of God, I'm just not feeling the love here.  I'm not talking to the babes in Christ, either.  I am speaking about what I read coming from the ones who know the Word of God, but from what I read, some refuse to act on the Word.  There is a right way to correct one who might not be grasping the message.  Turning them away with insults will not help.  I read somewhere in the Bible that we are to put on love and use sweet words to bring back a brother in Christ who may have slipped, or be in error.  Calling them names and attacking their intelligence and judgment is not the way this is to be done.  IMHO

I apologize if my words came across this way. If you had seen my body language, my words were expressing the shock I felt at what was being proclaimed.

((( Nebula )))  You have a sweet spirit and I have read many of your posts, covering many topics here at Worthy, and I have been edified by them.  God bless you so much!

That you would step up and apologize this way speaks much to who you are.  I sense a humble spirit that loves the Lord and has a heart towards God.  Perhaps you did more to express my thoughts by showing your willingness to put others before yourself and take responsibility for any word you may have said that could have sounded unkind.  Seems I have read that before, that we are to do this in all things, hold our brothers and sisters in high esteem and above ourselves.  You displayed this with your gracious answer.

God gives grace to the humble and He opposes the proud.  I think He has bathed you in His glorious grace, amen.  You have blessed me, beloved, with your sweet and humble spirit and with the words you use when responding to others.

You hit the nail on the head, Nebula!  None of us can see the other's body language so often what we say is not taken well when it is meant in love.  Another thing is that sometimes I, or we, will say things in print that we would not say to another's face.  I think we gain a sense of boldness using this media and often that can be a bad thing.  

To avoid this, what I try to do is imagine the one I am speaking to is right in front of me, and I think, would I say the same words to them in person as I would in type?

Nebula, I think most of us know, sooner or later, if our words have cut and offended.  I am learning that even correction can be done with love, and when it is, I would better serve myself to accept the correction and never find offense.  I only saw love in your posts, even if the words were stern, they were still said in love, as it should be.  

I have no problem with correction.  I do believe that we should correct those we see in error.  My point is that I think correction is taken much better, and accepted better, when it is done in a loving way.  That is not pointing out another's faults, or making condescending remarks that question their intelligence, or wisdom.

Thank you for your response and thank you for accepting what I have said without taking offense.  You have been a good example for what I have feebly and humbly tried to say and I think you are a wonderful witness for our Lord Jesus Christ.

I am learning from you, my dear sister!

Thank you!  

Peace to you and God bless you much,

Prair

((( Sevenseas ))) Peace to you!

I do not understand what you meant by, "what do you have against ..."  I do not recall saying anything similar to that thought at all.  I very much enjoy good conversation and debate.

I do not pretend to speak for anyone but myself.  I included it was all just coming from my heart .....  take it or leave it.

God is able!  Amen  We know who sits upon the Throne of Grace.  Hosanna!  

We know who is in control and that "all things work to the good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose, amen."  Our God is mighty!  Our God is able!  amen

Shalom, Prair

You are asking me about this?

PrairW.....

you may not be feeling the love...maybe others are feeling the love

what do you have against people expressing their POV?

I am simply asking why you seem so upset over people expressing their view

I do not pretend to speak for anyone but myself.  I included it was all just coming from my heart .....  take it or leave it.

Well exactly...I don't think things are as bad as you do.  and that is what I have said.

You did not at all respond to what I wrote about Noah.....it is not a sin to disagree and of course it should be done respectfully...as many of us here have learned.

I believe we have to allow others to have some room to grow and respond where they are at.  That place, will not always be where we are.

I was interested in what you might have to say with regards to God's decision to wipe out mankind...sometimes Christians seem to have the idea we should never

get angry or never disagree

That is not really what we find in the Bible, so I am just trying to tell you that I don't think you need to be so concerned

I would just be concerned that you might think less of those who do not have your point of view and I hope that is not the case

It has been my experience that God alone defines our place in Him and we cannot force others...not that you are trying to do so....but I responded to your post

because I just wanted to make sure that you realize that people generally do not want to offend nor do they want to hurt

Guest shiloh357

Of course, many churches do not teach the full effect of what happened in Noah's day.

Noah was declared to be perfect in his generations (we would say genetics)

Genesis 6:9 (NKJV)

9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

The other translations say blameless or upright in his generation or among his people.

The devil has interfered with the plan and goings on down here on earth from the beginning. Not to get into the angel / human cohabitation debate here, however it was done the gene pool of earth had become tainted and corrupted. So God had to wipe the slate clean and start over again with Noah (the second Adam). No, Jesus is not the second Adam as some claim. If you check the scriptures ( Corinthians 15:45, Jesus is called the last Adam.

That is pure and utter garbage. You have been watching too much "ancient aliens" on the History Channel or some other similar kind of nonsense.  It's amazing what grown men and women will believe.

The phrase, "he was perfect in his generations has nothing to do with his physical make up.   It has to do with with his integrity.  The word "perfect" in Hebrew is a word that means that He walked in integrity.  It means that Noah walked uprightly and was a man of good moral/ethical quality to a degree that pleased God.  The word generation has nothing to do with genetics.  The Hebrew word doreh does not apply to something like that.

Angel human/cohabitation is utter nonsense.

Tatian (110-172); Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyons ; Clement of Alexandria ); Tertullian ; Origen ; Lactantius ;  Methodius of Philippi, Minucius Felix, Commodianus, and Ambrose of Milanalso would all disagre with you....

They might disagree with me, but it is still complete and utter nonsense.  I can't be dumbed down enough to believe in that trash.   But I guess if you believe there alien space stations on the moon, you can be led to believe anything.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This post says all anyone needs to know about the film:

Kabbala  and Gnosticism and the snake portrayed as the bestower of enlightenment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

They might disagree with me, but it is still complete and utter nonsense.  I can't be dumbed down enough to believe in that trash.   But I guess if you believe there alien space stations on the moon, you can be led to believe anything.

Well we do all have our own ideas.....   might I share one of mine.....    you might learn a lot from this book....

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034

Guest shiloh357

Well we do all have our own ideas.....   might I share one of mine.....    you might learn a lot from this book....

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034

I may not be the friendliest person around, but I can't be led around by a hook in my nose and made to believe in nonsense.