ARGOSY

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Hello LAMAD, you have made some interesting comments, some that I disagree with and some that I do not think you can prove with scripture, as it is written. I would enjoy discussing the subject with you if, you are interested in a serious Q&A type of discussion but not on this forum. Either by email or the link below, if you are receptive to the idea, if not, I understand.

Interesting. Why do you not want to have such a discussion here?

Hi OneLight,

I read the ten commandants for posting when I registered and thought I was following them. I never used crude language, I never called any one names and I never asked anyone to do something that I was not willing to do myself in like manner. I expressed my opinion of how truth is more likely to be obtained, if, someone was interested in a serious discussion with me. I was reprimanded for expressing that opinion. Therefore, I do not wish to feel like I am walking on eggs with what I may say when I do not understand the rules correctly.

I try to be courteous and respond to those that address comments toward me by simply inviting them to use a different platform. It is their choice, just as I thought it was their choice if they responded to my comments on WCF. I have found most people that post on these forums give their rendition of what scripture says very freely but seem to be allergic to answering questions and providing scripture, as it is written, for evidence.  Furthermore, I have no patience, nor respect, for anyone that intentionally make false statements and I believe that is Biblical as God says He hates a lying tongue.  These comments are my opinions only.

I remember that rebuke. I am the one who said it. If you wish to discuss it more, you can PM me and we can discuss it.

If you want to discuss scripture with others and want them to come to your site, please do so in PM. Your link to your site will be removed from threads.

"The Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing" are not our Terms of Service, but what a member wanted to share about how to interact with others.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Justfaith

Why then did those in Judea not flee to the mountains at Christs Death.  And what was the great distress to come.

In Christ

Montana Marv

What is the purpose of 70 AD ?

Jesus was “cut off”, crucified midway through Daniel’s 70th week.

The Lord’s ministry was , three and a half years in duration. Hence from His anointing until His death would be “in the midst” of the 70th week.

This is a perfect match with Daniel 9:27, which says “And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease.”

Jesse

Christ is the foundation of the Church/ His Body, He is the cornerstone which the Church stands on.  The New Jerusalem is not the Church.

Another thing about the 144,000.  These are not the Church, if so the Boat was full 2000 years ago, and then we have nothing.  These are special Jews, appointed and sealed to do their work during the Mill.  They are not sealed for what they might do during the 70th Week; But for what they will do during the 1000 years.  They follow the Lamb, and they sing a new song.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Montane.

I have never said, what you claim me of saying. 

You must have misunderstood.

The church is build on the twelve apostle of which Jesus is the cornerstone.Rev 21:14.

The 144000 is not the whole church,but part of it.

All TRUE christians is the church,and Jesus the head of the church.

The 144000 are the very elect of the church,they are the FIRST FRUITS.

The rest of the church must go through tribulation to make them white.

They must be purified,for they are not clean.

Our righteousnes are like dirty raggs before God.

Spiritual jerusalem is the bride of christ, which is the true church.rev21:9----

jesse.

Jesse, a city is not the people in the city, and the people in the city are not the physical city - they just inhabit the city.

Precious stones are the foundation of the city of New Jerusalem. NAMES are written on the foundations. For example, the disciple John is not holding up the city or providing any foundation for the city. However, John was one of the disciples that began the church. In truth, the church was and is built on REVELATION KNOWLEDGE - the very revelation knowlege Peter received when He said "thou are the Christ, the son of the living God." Jesus said, "upon THIS ROCK [the rock of Revealed knowledge] I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH. Then again Paul said the "foundation" is Jesus Christ. "For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ."

The 144,000 is not any part of "the church" if you are speaking of the body of Christ on earth, The body of Christ today is made up mostly of Gentiles. The 144,000 will be the firstfruits of the JEWS and Hebrews and will be caught up to heavern as firstfruits at the midpoint of the 70th week. The Bride of Christ will be caught up before the 70th week. These are TWO SEPARATE groups.

This is simply nonsense. Did you spend time with Jehovah's Witnesses? Read it again: they come from 12 tribes of ISRAEL, while most of the bride came from Gentiles

I think you are saying "the rest of the church" not including the  144,000?. Again total nonsense. This is not at all what the bible tells us. Indeed, you have something right; much of those today who call themselves "Christian" will be left behind. If the parable of the virgins means anything, God is showing us that perhaps only 50% of those who think they are "Christian" will be caught up at the pretrib rapture. I could make a long list of those not qualified. You should study Luke 21:36. It is there for a reason. One group who will not be qualified for the rapture will be those God finds "lukewarm."  There are others. In the parable of the virgins, those left behind were SHORT on the Holy Spirit.What does that mean? They were born again - all ten - for they all had oil (the Holy Spirit) in their lamps (the seal of the Holy Spirit in their human spirits). However, only half had EXTRA Holy Spirit in vessels. This is speaking of Acts 1 & 2 and the day of Pentecost where the 120 were FILLED with the Holy Spirit. This is the Holy Spirit in their "vessels" or the Holy Spirit UPON their bodies as the anointing. AT the time of the rapture, many believers will be found SHORT on the Holy Spirit.

It is written that without holiness, NO MAN will se the Lord. Righteousness is God's gift to those who are born again. But living a holy life is a believer's gift to God. It is written that fornicators will not make it to heaven - yet this is a sin that runs rampant in the church today, just as it does in the world. (This is just one of many sins that will prevent beleivers from being qualified for the rapture.) Sin must be confessed before it will be forgiven. 1 John 1:9 is there for the church! However, so many in the church today think there is a difference between BIG sins (like murder) and a little sin (like fornication). Many beleivers are caught up in unforgiveness. They will not be found qualified for the rapture.

LAMAD

the last 3 1/2 years of the 70th week of Daniel

For 3 1/2 years after Jesus death, His disciples continued to preach the Gospel to the Jews.

The 70th Week of Daniel ended when Stephen the Apostle boldly accused the Jewish leaders of killing the prophets and delivering Jesus up to be killed. The Jews responded by stoning Stephen to death.
The “Prince” in Daniel 9:26 is Jesus, and “the people of the prince,” the Roman army, came as a flood and “destroyed the city and the sanctuary.”

In Luke 19:41-44, as Jesus entered Jerusalem for the last time, He lamented that the Jews did not heed Daniel’s 70 week prophecy, which told them exactly when He would come

The abomination of desolation does not apply to an end-time Antichrist, it was the Roman army (who was an Abomination to the Jews), who came and desolated the Jews and the temple.

In Matthew 24:15, Jesus warned “when you see the ‘abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place”.

Luke 21:20 clarifies what is the abomination of desolation, “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.”

The Roman army surrounded the holy place of Jerusalem and “desolated” the Jewish people from 66 – 70 A.D., causing 1.1 million Jews to die from starvation, disease, infighting, crucifixion and by the Roman sword.
Edited by justfaith

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

The abomination of desolation does not apply to an end-time Antichrist, it was the Roman army (who was an Abomination to the Jews), who came and desolated the Jews and the temple.

Let's look at the word "abomination" from Dan 9, 11, 12 that Jesus is referring to. It is shiqquwts, "detestable thing or idol, abominable thing, abomination, idol, detested thing"

shiqquwts shows up 28 times in the OT. Can you find any instance where it is used in a way that remotely includes a foreign army? -it is always used of idolatry or idolatrous worship:

[Deu 29:17 KJV] And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which [were] among them:)
[1Ki 11:5 KJV] For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
[1Ki 11:7 KJV] Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that [is] before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
[2Ki 23:13 KJV] And the high places that [were] before Jerusalem, which [were] on the right hand of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had builded for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Zidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammon, did the king defile.
[2Ki 23:24 KJV] Moreover the [workers with] familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the LORD.
[2Ch 15:8 KJV] And when Asa heard these words, and the prophecy of Oded the prophet, he took courage, and put away the abominable idols out of all the land of Judah and Benjamin, and out of the cities which he had taken from mount Ephraim, and renewed the altar of the LORD, that [was] before the porch of the LORD.
[isa 66:3 KJV] He that killeth an ox [is as if] he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, [as if] he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, [as if he offered] swine's blood; he that burneth incense, [as if] he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
[Jer 4:1 KJV] If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.
[Jer 7:30 KJV] For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the LORD: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it.
[Jer 13:27 KJV] I have seen thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdness of thy whoredom, [and] thine abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe unto thee, O Jerusalem! wilt thou not be made clean? when [shall it] once [be]?
[Jer 16:18 KJV] And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.
[Jer 32:34 KJV] But they set their abominations in the house, which is called by my name, to defile it.
[Eze 5:11 KJV] Wherefore, [as] I live, saith the Lord GOD; Surely, because thou hast defiled my sanctuary with all thy detestable things, and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also diminish [thee]; neither shall mine eye spare, neither will I have any pity.
[Eze 7:20 KJV] As for the beauty of his ornament, he set it in majesty: but they made the images of their abominations [and] of their detestable things therein: therefore have I set it far from them.
[Eze 11:18 KJV] And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
[Eze 11:21 KJV] But [as for them] whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD.
[Eze 20:7 KJV] Then said I unto them, Cast ye away every man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not yourselves with the idols of Egypt: I [am] the LORD your God.
[Eze 20:8 KJV] But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.
[Eze 20:30 KJV] Wherefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Are ye polluted after the manner of your fathers? and commit ye whoredom after their abominations?
[Eze 37:23 KJV] Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
[Dan 9:27 KJV] And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
[Dan 11:31 KJV] And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily [sacrifice], and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
[Dan 12:11 KJV] And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, [there shall be] a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
[Hos 9:10 KJV] I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers as the firstripe in the fig tree at her first time: [but] they went to Baalpeor, and separated themselves unto [that] shame; and [their] abominations were according as they loved.
[Nah 3:6 KJV] And I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and make thee vile, and will set thee as a gazingstock.
[Zec 9:7 KJV] And I will take away his blood out of his mouth, and his abominations from between his teeth: but he that remaineth, even he, [shall be] for our God, and he shall be as a governor in Judah, and Ekron as a Jebusite.

There is another word sometimes translated as "abomination", tow'ebah,  a disgusting thing, abomination, abominable: a) in ritual sense (of unclean food, idols, mixed marriages) b) in ethical sense (of wickedness etc). This word is used more generally, such as the Levitical practices or foods they were to avoid, and could include something like the Roman army, but it isn't the word used here.

​The preterist view tries to say that the Romans placed an idol in the temple and thus fulfilled the prophecy, but that doesn't fit the facts. The temple burned during the taking of Jerusalem so the Romans were left with a salvage job to extract the melted gold. There simply wasn't opportunity to set up the false worship that Jesus is describing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Jesse,

Regarding the `wife of the Lamb,` -

`...your husband is your Maker, whose name is the Lord of hosts; & your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, who is called the God of all the earth. For the Lord has called you, like a wife forsaken & grieved in spirit....` (Isa. 51: 5 & 6)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Let's be careful to keep the (idolatrous) wife of Jehovah separate from the (virgin) bride of Christ! Not the same gal...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

Jesse

Christ is the foundation of the Church/ His Body, He is the cornerstone which the Church stands on.  The New Jerusalem is not the Church.

Another thing about the 144,000.  These are not the Church, if so the Boat was full 2000 years ago, and then we have nothing.  These are special Jews, appointed and sealed to do their work during the Mill.  They are not sealed for what they might do during the 70th Week; But for what they will do during the 1000 years.  They follow the Lamb, and they sing a new song.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Montane.

The church is build on the twelve apostle of which Jesus is the cornerstone.Rev 21:14.

Spiritual jerusalem is the bride of christ, which is the true church.rev21:9----

jesse.

Jesse, a city is not the people in the city, and the people in the city are not the physical city - they just inhabit the city.

Precious stones are the foundation of the city of New Jerusalem. NAMES are written on the foundations. For example, the disciple John is not holding up the city or providing any foundation for the city. However, John was one of the disciples that began the church. In truth, the church was and is built on REVELATION KNOWLEDGE - the very revelation knowlege Peter received when He said "thou are the Christ, the son of the living God." Jesus said, "upon THIS ROCK [the rock of Revealed knowledge] I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH. Then again Paul said the "foundation" is Jesus Christ. "For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ."

The 144,000 is not any part of "the church" if you are speaking of the body of Christ on earth, The body of Christ today is made up mostly of Gentiles. The 144,000 will be the firstfruits of the JEWS and Hebrews and will be caught up to heavern as firstfruits at the midpoint of the 70th week. The Bride of Christ will be caught up before the 70th week. These are TWO SEPARATE groups.

This is simply nonsense. Did you spend time with Jehovah's Witnesses? Read it again: they come from 12 tribes of ISRAEL, while most of the bride came from Gentiles

I think you are saying "the rest of the church" not including the  144,000?. Again total nonsense. This is not at all what the bible tells us. Indeed, you have something right; much of those today who call themselves "Christian" will be left behind. If the parable of the virgins means anything, God is showing us that perhaps only 50% of those who think they are "Christian" will be caught up at the pretrib rapture. I could make a long list of those not qualified. You should study Luke 21:36. It is there for a reason. One group who will not be qualified for the rapture will be those God finds "lukewarm."  There are others. In the parable of the virgins, those left behind were SHORT on the Holy Spirit.What does that mean? They were born again - all ten - for they all had oil (the Holy Spirit) in their lamps (the seal of the Holy Spirit in their human spirits). However, only half had EXTRA Holy Spirit in vessels. This is speaking of Acts 1 & 2 and the day of Pentecost where the 120 were FILLED with the Holy Spirit. This is the Holy Spirit in their "vessels" or the Holy Spirit UPON their bodies as the anointing. AT the time of the rapture, many believers will be found SHORT on the Holy Spirit.

It is written that without holiness, NO MAN will se the Lord. Righteousness is God's gift to those who are born again. But living a holy life is a believer's gift to God. It is written that fornicators will not make it to heaven - yet this is a sin that runs rampant in the church today, just as it does in the world. (This is just one of many sins that will prevent beleivers from being qualified for the rapture.) Sin must be confessed before it will be forgiven. 1 John 1:9 is there for the church! However, so many in the church today think there is a difference between BIG sins (like murder) and a little sin (like fornication). Many beleivers are caught up in unforgiveness. They will not be found qualified for the rapture.

LAMAD

For 3 1/2 years after Jesus death, His disciples continued to preach the Gospel to the Jews.

The 70th Week of Daniel ended when Stephen the Apostle boldly accused the Jewish leaders of killing the prophets and delivering Jesus up to be killed. The Jews responded by stoning Stephen to death.
The “Prince” in Daniel 9:26 is Jesus, and “the people of the prince,” the Roman army, came as a flood and “destroyed the city and the sanctuary.”

In Luke 19:41-44, as Jesus entered Jerusalem for the last time, He lamented that the Jews did not heed Daniel’s 70 week prophecy, which told them exactly when He would come

In Matthew 24:15, Jesus warned “when you see the ‘abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place”.

Luke 21:20 clarifies what is the abomination of desolation, “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.”

The Roman army surrounded the holy place of Jerusalem and “desolated” the Jewish people from 66 – 70 A.D., causing 1.1 million Jews to die from starvation, disease, infighting, crucifixion and by the Roman sword.

Do you actually believe this nonsense - or are you just wanting to create more posts?

Readers, remember, even in Paul's day some were saying that the Day of the Lord had already come, and they were in it.

Just two or three years ago there were many thinking the 70th week had started. They too were WRONG. Amazing how slient

they have been, not they see they were wrong.

LAMAD

Jesse

In Christ

Montana Marv

Montane.

jesse.

LAMAD

Readers beware: this post is teaching false doctrine.

Paul confirmed what Jesus spoke of: a coming abomination. Paul tells us the man of sin will enter the temple (surely NOT a torn down temple) and declare that he is GOD and must be worshiped. Later he will set up an IMAGE in the temple, more abominations. Worse yet, the man of sin turned Beast, along with the false prophet will deceive the entire world - all but those whose names are written in heaven.

John did not see a vision of the abomination, but he saw those fleeing the abomination, as we read in Rev. 12:6. The 7th trumpet will sound in heaven to mark the time of the abomination on earth. Satan  will be cast down from the heavenly realms to the earth immediately after the 7th trumpet.  OF COURSE the 7th trumpet cannot be sounded until the first 6 are completed. It is utter nonsense to think these trumpet judgments are history. They are very much in our near future,

LAMAD

Jesus was “cut off”, crucified midway through Daniel’s 70th week.

The Lord’s ministry was , three and a half years in duration. Hence from His anointing until His death would be “in the midst” of the 70th week.

This is a perfect match with Daniel 9:27, which says “And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease.”

Complete nonsense: the 70th week (Revelation 8 through 16, are very much FUTURE.

the daily sacrifices will cease the moment the man of sin enters the real (brick and mortor) temple in Jerusalem and declares he is GOD and must be worshiped.  From the moment of this abomination, the temple would have to be cleansed before any sacrifices could resume. This does not happen because the man of sin turns Beast, and goes after the Hebrews with a passion even greater than Hitler.

The "he" that confirms a covenant refers right back to the "people of the prince that should come"  that destroyed the temple in 60 AD. Of course we know that was the Roman emperor Titus. It will not be Titus that confirms a covenant, it will be a leader like Titus. Make no mistake, he is alive and well today and very soon will become manifest to all. But FIRST the departing of the Bride must take place, so he is no longer restrained.

LAMAD