• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sister neb.....

I agree wholeheartedly........Glory to God! It is certainly our choice to make of it what we want by choice & reliquishing all of "self" as Bo Peep has said, it makes all the difference in the world(or out of this world-lol)    We can wallow in self pity,we can decide to claim Victory in Christ we can move forward into focusing on what is eternal and walk in Spirit & in Truth

Sin has its reprocussions too,even after coming to Christ but we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus,we are overcomers...I don't like a lot of my lifes circumstances(temporal) but I love my life(eternal)......Praise the Lord!  

With love in Christ,Kwik

Saw a fellow on Trinity Broadcast this morning,he has no arms & no legs,he was born this way.......He has taken ownership of his life & he loves it,he flies 120 times a year spreading the Gospel all over the World,He is filled with the Joy of the Lord! What an inspiration!Makes me want to scream to some folks"Get over It!"

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe I am in charge of my own life, when I make mistakes it is for me to put them right. I don't  owe any allegiance to any deity as I don't believe any exits.

I Believe

He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God. Luke 9:20

~

I believe I am in charge of my own life, when I make mistakes it is for me to put them right. I don't owe any allegiance to any deity as I don't believe any exits.

~

Double*

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

Double Toil*

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

And Trouble*

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

*With A Tip Of The Hat To W Shakespeare

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I believe I am in charge of my own life, when I make mistakes it is for me to put them right. I don't  owe any allegiance to any deity as I don't believe any exits.

Goodness you must have a lot of faith in something.....   we just got back from a two week fishing trip and to think all that I saw and experienced in that two weeks just randomly happened from out of nothing.......     It's remarkable the amount of faith that one must have to really believe that.

I have faith in myself. I am far from perfect, but good enough, I hope, I certainly have no wish to be a saint! :grin: 

As to how the universe came about, I very much doubt any deity did the business. The creation story in the Bible isn't credible, imo. I reckon science will explain all eventually 

Guest Butero

JJ50.  It seems to me like you are taking an awful risk putting your faith in the idea that "I reckon science will explain all eventually."  Look what else you said.  "I very much doubt any deity did the business?"  You said that in reference to the creation.  Lets suppose you are wrong, and the Bible is the Word of God.  Where does that leave you?  Another observation.  For some unexplained reason, you sought out and joined a Christian message board, even though you claim no belief in God.  I am going to go out on a limb and tell you why you did that.  God is leaving you no excuse at the final judgment.  He brought you here to hear the truth.  You will either leave here with a change of heart, as a born again Christian on you way to heaven, or you will continue on reckoning science will explain how we got here and doubting the existence of your creator.  That will result in your spending eternity in the lake of fire, which I am sure you very much doubt too. 

I am going to make this suggestion to you.  You cared enough to join a Christian message board to discuss religion, that you doubt exists.  Why not take the time to read the Bible from cover to cover and call out to God to see if he answers you after you are done?  Challenge him to make himself known to you.  What have you got to lose? 

I have read the Bible from cover to cover many times and still do. Each time I read that book it confirms my view that it was written by humans with no input from any deity. If it exists and is as portrayed in the Bible I had better in asbestos clothing as I am for the burning! :grin: The deity didn't bother to come through for me when I was a Christian as a child, so if it couldn't come through for me then, either it doesn't care, or much more likely doesn't exist!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

So we're back to Pascal's Wager, then?  What do you mean by didn't come through for you?

Guest Butero

Why in the world would you read the Bible over and over if you don't believe it?  What a waste of time!  Once should be sufficient.  I have read the Bible more than 15 times, but that is to learn from it, because I believe it.  You don't believe in God, but you join a Christian message board?  You don't believe the Bible is God's Word, yet you read it repeatedly?  I don't understand you.  You say God didn't come through for you when you were a child.  God has a plan for his creation, and everything is about getting us from point A in Genesis to the conclusion at the end of Revelation.  He doesn't always give us what we want, and sometimes we have to go through bad things.  At the same time, to those of us who serve him, he has promised he will take the bad and use it for our good. 

If I looked at things like you do JJ50, I wouldn't waste my precious time arguing with people of a faith I don't share.  You are an animal, and you have a limited lifespan.  Eat, drink and be merry, because this is all you have to look forward to.  After this life ends, you have nothing but eternal torment to look forward to, so enjoy the little time of happiness you have.  Maybe you will live to be 100?  I hope so, but that is a drop in the bucket in comparison to a million years or a billion years of torment, and knowing that even when a trillion years have passed, there is no hope in sight.  I tried, and that is all God requires of me.  I hope you change your mind before it is too late.  If you wish to talk further, feel free to contact me and I will get back to you when I can. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Let's Step back for a moment here. I think reading the Bible repeatedly is a commendable activity for people of all faiths or no faith at all. To be at this site is an indication of openness to a whole spectrum of ideas and truths. This too is commendable. Let''s just be willing to engage without judgment and present Christ as best we can to an open mind.