Coffeespiller87

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The natural environment for a fish is water.  The flood would not of killed them.  In fact, they probably had a great time exploring the new waters.  :)

Oh .....good thought. :mgcheerful:

It depends whether they are saltwater or freshwater fish.

I believe it was dependent on if God wanted them all to die or not. Because they survived, whether or not the were salt or fresh water fish didn't matter.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that in the Bible a year is 360 days. As to what animals were in the ark, methinks it was limited to 3 types of animals: "Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing OF THE EARTH after his kind, two of every sort shall come to you to keep them alive." (Genesis 6)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

It was posted: "Yes for a long time i have thought that "all flesh" in Genesis meant "all flesh" ."

Genesis 6:19-20:

Note that is doesn't just say "all flesh" but "of all flesh." I believe that verse 20 limits the "of all flesh" to 3 types of flesh animals:

1) birds, 2) cattle, 3) things that creep on the ground -- not creep through the sea.

"And of every living thing OF all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. Of the birds after their kind, and of the cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

BTW, I think you will find that in some contexts, "all flesh" is a figure of speech for "all men."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

It was posted: "Yes for a long time i have thought that "all flesh" in Genesis meant "all flesh" ."

Note that is doesn't just say "all flesh" but "of all flesh." I believe that verse 20 limits the "of all flesh" to 3 types of flesh animals:

1) birds, 2) cattle, 3) things that creep on the ground -- not creep through the sea.

"And of every living thing OF all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. Of the birds after their kind, and of the cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

BTW, I think you will find that in some contexts, "all flesh" is a figure of speech for "all men."

You have to count the eight souls of human flesh which is four different kinds of flesh.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I believe that in the Bible a year is 360 days.

I read a book about that several years ago....  not only in the Bible was the year 360 days, but the early civilizations histories show that they also had a 360 day calender.     As I remember it was about the time of the exodus when the calenders all  changed.

Jewish mystical writings say that a lot of weird things happened to the sun and it's movement during the exodus.  Wish my memory could keep up with all the details

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I believe that in the Bible a year is 360 days. As to what animals were in the ark, methinks it was limited to 3 types of animals: "Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing OF THE EARTH after his kind, two of every sort shall come to you to keep them alive." (Genesis 6)

Maybe there were a lot fewer species back then than there are now. Maybe God has been developing new ones since then and that is what Atheists observe to be evolution. I don't know, just a thought.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

You have to count the eight souls of human flesh which is four different kinds of flesh.

Atwood at first i was not sure but after looking hard at this i think you are right. 

Gen 6

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6 

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. 

i first thought all flesh meant all flesh ( the 4 kinds of flesh in Corin ). verse 5 and 12 shows, which I missed,

God is saying all flesh and it clearly means just mankind not the other flesh of animals. thanks; you ve helped me see what i did not see. like you say birds, cattle and creeping things, were the animals saved.

Plus man on Ark is 4 kinds of flesh, fish flesh seem to not be in the list.