joejkljkl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes the people who persecute us are the ones that are under conviction by the Holy Spirit and are close to being saved. So stand and be strong in the power of the Holy Spirit. Bless those who persecute you and pray for those who spitefully use you.

It is not easy. Our grandson has been bullied at school by a very popular and influencial guy--captain of the football team and ASB president. This has gone on for 6 years since the guy's parents were divorsed. Most of that time our grandson has been very lonely even as a Christian.

I made the mistake of marrying someone who was not saved. He also made my life miserable for many years. First God changed my attitude toward my husband! I conclude that God could have saved him at any time, but He was waiting on me, as He was changing me into a more godly wife. Eventualy hubby did receive Christ and was slowly changed into my nearly perfect soul mate. But it took years even after he was saved.

It doen't help much to know that we will be rewarded in heaven for being persecuted for Christ's sake. It still feels miserable at the time.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes the people who persecute us are the ones that are under conviction by the Holy Spirit and are close to being saved. So stand and be strong in the power of the Holy Spirit. Bless those who persecute you and pray for those who spitefully use you.

It is not easy. Our grandson has been bullied at school by a very popular and influencial guy--captain of the football team and ASB president. This has gone on for 6 years since the guy's parents were divorsed. Most of that time our grandson has been very lonely even as a Christian.

I made the mistake of marrying someone who was not saved. He also made my life miserable for many years. First God changed my attitude toward my husband! I conclude that God could have saved him at any time, but He was waiting on me, as He was changing me into a more godly wife. Eventualy hubby did receive Christ and was slowly changed into my nearly perfect soul mate. But it took years even after he was saved.

It doen't help much to know that we will be rewarded in heaven for being persecuted for Christ's sake. It still feels miserable at the time.

One thing you need to remember is being a christian does not mean you cannot be assertive, fight and stand up for yourself in the face of adversary. Some people will never leave you alone until they respect you, and they wil never respect you untl you make it unpleasant to repeatedly confront you. The other more important thing before doing that is you must look really hard at your own actions to see if there is a reason your actions are causeing another person  agrivation that leads to hararsment of yourself. If they are just being a jerk for the sake of it take em on and dont feel bad!  putting up with constant verbal abuse is not evangelism. Sharing a message in love to a willing recipient is.

Edited by Chris.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings joe

A few of you have been helping me minister to someone. I've taken your advice about getting this person saved, but now I need help in getting this person righteous (making this person more moral). What should I do?

Help me to understand how we all misunderstood you ,where in this statement does anything even closely resemble your being persecuted or that you what to stop anything?joe,everyone here is sincere in wanting to help you but what you are saying now is a completely different story.......what is really going on ,you just said you took a few peoples advice about getting someone saved .....so,this newly saved person is persecuting you?

How is this person persecuting you?                                                                                                Christ Lives,,,Praise Jesus!       Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Making Someone More Moral.

On a morality scale of 0-10, what would be the morality goal?

Pardon me for wanting to laugh. Of course there is such a thing as the spiritual gift of encouragement. And there is this profound intercessory prayer in Ephesians 3.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi, Joe. Your post caught my attention, in this forum. As I was scanning through the replies, you came in with this statement below... And the topic changed everything previously posted. Of course, following this, members made all attempts to accommodate your situation and respond to your concern. Well done, everyone! As you have sought counsel, some may know details about this person and the relationship you have with him and/or her. It could be a friend you've recently made, or have had for some time. Perhaps, some one you work with, or are employed by. Maybe a relative, in-law or otherwise. It's a bit vague and there's  a lot of missing blank spaces... It's hard to give specific advice and minister to your needs. That doesn't mean we don't have concern for you, look at all these responses! Our Saviour told his disciples they would suffer persecution. He told them they would be hated,  but reminded them, He was hated first. After our Lord's death, resurrection and before His ascension, Jesus said to His followers, that we would experience troublesome times and difficult situations. But not to be afraid, because He would always be with us and never leave, nor forsake us. And that He would also send His Spirit, the Comforter, to abide within us... Always! I could give you chapter and verse here, but  I don't want to take too much space and opportunity for others to reply. Prayer is a key-element, for what you must endure. Trust in Him! Christ our Messiah, will never fail you... Believe in Him. I'll leave you with a portion from the Sermon on the Mount. It was spoken to the masses and applies even unto this day. Count on prayers our for you. They are power and might.

God bless you,

David/BeauJangles

I'm sorry you all misunderstood me. This person persecutes me and I'm trying to get it to stop.

Mathew 5:10-12 Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness' sake; for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad; for great is your reward in Heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you.

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I suppose it matters if you are concerned about the actual personal persecution, or the loving care for this persons soul.  As BeauJangles touched on....if it is a fellow employee, employer, relative, schoolmate or neighbor, it may not be plausible for you to just disassociate them.  I will check back later to see what other information you may share with us.    GBU

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

can someone try to get me to 1 please lol.

can someone try to get me to 1 please lol.

:thumbsup:

From The Pits

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. 1 Samuel 2:8

To The

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

Highs

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15