douggg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

(John 14:26) “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all I have said to you.”

You all should know that we only know what God wants us to know.  People believe they have some insight to the written Word of God, but unless God reveals what a verse means it is nothing but an assumption on one’s part. 

that is a real nuance to read in that format...    just so you will know...:P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Salty

But that's a different subject, although it is related to Satan as the 2nd beast of Revelation 13.

Rev 19:20-21

20    And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21    And the remnant were slain with the sword of Him That sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of His mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

(KJV)

First, can you explain the meaning of that first verse in bold? Please be careful to note that timing there, which is just prior to the Revelation 20 events.

Your view is certainly possible and cant fault it..... Just one more question...

How would you interpret the following based on your view Satan is all three personas 

Revelation 16:13

Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

The Rev.16:14 verse is part of that subject in the 13th verse:

Rev 16:13-14

13    And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14    For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

(KJV)

The unclean spirits as spirits of devils go to those kings of the earth and to peoples of the whole world. They serve Satan. It will be by their influence upon the mind through the miracles that those kings and peoples in the world will be deceived by the waters as a flood that comes out of the serpent's (Satan) mouth (Rev.12:15). Per Rev.9 about the locust army, they represent Satan's host here on earth during the tribulation that will help spiritually destroy souls by what comes out of their mouths (see Rev.9:17-19 of where their power is). Jesus compares their working to frogs ("like frogs") pointing to the type of event in Egypt in Moses' day when God brought literal frogs upon Pharaoh and the unbelieving. The difference this time will be with those spirits working like those frogs did in Moses' day, influencing people's minds towards deception by Satan and his angels when they get here. Compare Joel 2:1-9 with Exodus 8:2-4, especially Joel 2:9.

Per Rev.12:7 forward, not only is Satan to be cast down to this earth for the end, but his angels along with him, which is a hard understanding for many. Yet our Lord Jesus did say the end would be like the days of Noah (Matt.24:37). What major event involving the angels ("sons of God") was going on in the days of Noah? (Gen.6).

Thus it will be those roles by Satan the dragon and as beast (i.e., beast king), and as false prophet (psuedo-Christ role) that will loose those spirits of devils upon the world, which is pointing to the great tribulation timing. With the idea of the "beast" in general, it can actually apply both to Satan's role in the last days as beast king per Rev.13:11 and Rev.17, and to the beast kingdom of Rev.13:1. That "beast" idea is a metaphor for Satan and all those who follow him, both angels, demons, and flesh men (see Jude 1 and 2 Pet.2:12). The Scripture differences how it is applied depends on the subject context, as Rev.17 does that back and forth without directly pointing it out to you.

Edited by Salty

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I think it would be easier to follow this thread if contributors would;

a. Keep it short and to the point

b. Quote texts, rather than writing the whole Bible out

c. Just make a comment without quoting reams of previous material (**removed unnecessary comment** )

d. Avoid stating the obvious

Try to make your posts interesting.

***removed last sentence****

Edited by ncn
Please choose your words carefully before posting

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Paradox....

Welcome to Worthy.......I personally don't care to scroll through reams of material either but if I find someones posts uninteresting I try to remember that it mat be interesting to someone else........also,may I suggest a better choice of phrases that would be more courteous & appropriate for the main boards that we hope will provide a polite ,family enviornment.......If you find the comments long,boring & uninteresting there are many other topics being discussed in the wide variety of forums we have here at Worthy that you may prefer.

In all things,let us give God Glory                                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Please keep this in mind when you post on Worthy. 

Respect each other in the love of God! 

This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! 

Col 4:6  Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. 

God Bless.

Nigel. 

Personally I like for people to post the scripture they are using so we can see what translations they are using and saves a bit of time.

I do agree with deleting all parts of a post one is quoting that one is not responding to.

I did not mean to offend anyone, because what you are all saying is interesting, but I have the concentration span of a gnat.

I just think that important issues can be summarized down to their essence, which speeds up the process of arriving at truth.

It's like going on a long hike, you take the minimum weight in your pack. 

I don't want people to be too sensitive either.

I did not mean to offend anyone, because what you are all saying is interesting, but I have the concentration span of a gnat.

I just think that important issues can be summarized down to their essence, which speeds up the process of arriving at truth.

It's like going on a long hike, you take the minimum weight in your pack. 

I don't want people to be too sensitive either.

The problem is that many here will not accept summaries as truth.....   and they won't usually take the time to look into your summery.....   so they simply tell you that you are wrong.

It gets stormy here, I don't like taking a light pack on a trip.....   I'm a Winnebago person..

After you've been here for a while I think you will see where I'm coming from.

I do agree that people should delete parts of a post that they are not responding to and learn to use the quote section of the board.   These exchanges that get to be two feet long I usually just stop reading.   they don't usually go anywhere anyway.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Paradox...

Good,glad you are not offended as well..........there are so many different personalities here at Worthy too & just like when we meet people in person....some are very long winded & others are straight and to the point,we can't do much about what others do but we can always be in control of what we ourselves do & just try our best to be patient & understanding,I guess I am a lot like you,I simply lose interest with long ,long ,long exhausting responses or the repetitious quotes over & over....................I used to hate the quote feature & felt it was so impersonal & insinuating ....I prefer to address person by name but I have since gotten used to it & when used properly can truly simplify things.......eh,so it goes!-lol

I hope you enjoy it here,it is a wonderful God Blessed ministry....a place to give & contribute & a place to receive & grow!Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thanks, upon reflection, I am impressed by the manners of all, and feel I could have been more tactful.