IGNORED

Universalism

a-seeker

Guest shiloh357

Christian Universalism is a false teaching, pure and simple.  It is not a new heresy.  It is, in fact, an old heresy dating back  to as early as Origen and Clement.

The main problem with Christian Universalism is that it offers an opportunity for salvation after one has died.  The notion that everyone will eventually accept Christ is not in Scripture and it denies what Jesus said.

If everyone will at some point be saved, if every person who has ever been born will eventually receive Christ and since God isn't limited by linear time, then everyone has already been saved when Jesus finished the work of redemption and the Bible simply makes no such claims.  From the standpoint of a Christian Universalist, Jesus has already objectively saved everyone, but they simply need to subjectively experience it.

One popular notion among Christian Universalists is that hell is not eternal and that it serves as place of purification.  The Bible only ever presents hell as a suffering and misery and punishment for rejecting Christ.   In the Bible it is the blood of Jesus that purifies and that purification is efficacious only for the person that believes on Jesus.  Nowhere in the Bible is hell presented as a place of purification for sinners.  As such, this view presents another possible path for salvation apart from the finished work of the cross.

Christian Universalism makes Jesus out to be a liar when He said that few would find the narrow path that leads to live.

Christian Universalism then there is no real need to live a holy life.  You are saved anyway and you will go heaven whether you want to or not.  You don't need to worry about developing a prayer life or deeper relationship with God.

If Christian Universalism is true, then why would anyone need to repent of sin as a response to the Gospel?  They are already saved, what good is a doctrine of repentance from sin in order to be saved??

If Christian Universalism is true, then evangelism is a waste of time, as everyone is already saved.  Everyone is already going to heaven non matter what.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

There are only two paths: Universalism holds that, in the end, ALL will choose the narrow path; ALL will eventually be FOR Jesus.

I am sure we understand what you are saying, and no matter how you put it, it is wrong. Your statement "Universalism holds that, in the end, ALL will choose the narrow path; ALL will eventually be FOR Jesus." goes against scripture. Not ALL will choose, not ALL will be saved. IF you truly believe this, you are venturing down a vary dangerous path that could lead to destruction.

Matthew 7:13-14

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Luke 13:22-30

And He went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”

And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’ There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out. They will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down in the kingdom of God. And indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last.”

God searches the heart of all people. If their heart is not of Him, their fruit will not be of Him. You cannot like like a sinner and expect to blessed as a saint.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

There are only two paths: Universalism holds that, in the end, ALL will choose the narrow path; ALL will eventually be FOR Jesus.

I am sure we understand what you are saying, and no matter how you put it, it is wrong. Your statement "Universalism holds that, in the end, ALL will choose the narrow path; ALL will eventually be FOR Jesus." goes against scripture. Not ALL will choose.

Matthew 7:13-14

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Luke 13:22-30

And He went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”

And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’ There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out. They will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down in the kingdom of God. And indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last.”

God searches the heart of all people. If their heart is not of Him, their fruit will not be of Him. You cannot like like a sinner and expect to blessed as a saint.

Absolutely.  There's just no way around this one.  God's Word always has the first and final say.