• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Well Salty,

I will await & watch for the reviving of the Babylon Empire of Neb. the Medes & Persian Empire & the Greecian Empire & the Roman Empire. Please tell me when you see it, & then I can tell you that you interpreted correctly.

PS. I`m not holding my breath though. :mgcheerful: And just trying to be friendly there Salty.

Marilyn C, 

Salty and Argosy are at odds here on a couple of things, yet both have what the other needs.

Salty has the connections of many prophecies worked out, and he understands the language of texts, he is able to see congruity, but has compressed the whole picture into the future as well?

Argosy seems to agree with you about your comment above, but does not see the characteristics of the different princes. Which is easy to do, especially in Dan 11, because they're not named.

I am interested in what you said about Islam and the metal image, and will catch up with you where you posted it.

But if another power exists in symbol as Babylon, which one there certainly is, then the wound and healing may apply to it, as it certainly does.

But why the need to make such an assertion for some country to be "symbolic" for Babylon? the bible does not indicate to do so

In Rev there's a woman named "MYSTERY BABYLON"

The other texts always say she is fallen. A woman is a church in these prophecies. Rev 19:7-9. What church persecuted the saints for 1260 years, while the other woman fled into the wilderness? Rev 12, and 11.

She received a wound by a sword (the word of God) through the reformation. It healed. Which kingdom made war on the Bible?

The French nation was Satan's anger over the downfall of the Papacy. The beginning of modern political atheism.

And another beast followed her, while she never gains political recognition, instead she is manipulating the nations, and later pictured as riding on yet another beast, the last one, the global one.

She has corrupted the nations and is drunk with the blood of martyrs, 60 million plus. or is that future too? She is in this condition before the ten horns give her power.

So does the old Babylon kingdom rise again in the future and then get another deadly wound? and then another three kingdoms rise after her? Or is Babylon symbolic?

The reformers understood these things plainly, but the resulting churches eventually all ran back to Rome, where now they are all one with her. Note she is the "Mother of harlots" they came from her and now do as she does. How come no one acknowledges it, and how come her deeds are forgotten, removed from libraries? Because the wound is healed?

It's the system, not the people, her people belong to God. Rev 18:4.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Argosy

I thought I would import my interpretation on what you said, just a slight fix

Rome has 3 stages in Daniel 2:    Rome... divided Rome (2 feet)..... ten toes Rome
This 3 stage Rome is also reflected in Revelation 17 .... 5 were and one is (Rome was in power when the verse said "one is")
6th empire Rome....7th empire (Revised Rome this includes the toes -The seventh head  also had "ten horns"/ further  the ten king confederacy are said to "give their power and strength … [and] their kingdom unto the beast" (Revelation 17:12-13, 17 ))

8th empire= "little Horn" which is synonymous with "the beast that was and is not, even he is the eighth" (Revelation 17:11)

One beast who is the 8th beast with 7 Heads, which a woman rides, and has been riding it since we first heard her name and all the 7th kingdoms trace their roots back to her, the greatest kingdom that ever existed, the Mother of All whores who spawned the 7 Kingdoms, does not exist now but still exists now, she wasnt destroyed but she has fallen and will be rebuilt.

7 Kingdoms
1. Egypt
2. Assyria
3. Revived Babylon kingdom
4. Medo -Persian
5. Greek
6. Roman
7 Revised Roman / or Islam 

The beast is the 8th kingdom

The woman is the rebuilt city of Babylon

edit: added Islam to 7th Kingdom cant rule them out

Thanks for the agreement. Yes I agree with your 8 kingdom list. I even like the fact that you included Islam into the 7th kingdom. When the Ottomans/Turks conquered the Byzantium Empire, they still used the same capital city (Constantinople) and the same title (Caesar) as the old Roman Empire.  Thus Turkey , and its main city, Istanbul are merely extensions of the old Roman Empire, this city is currently having a 100 year weak period after dominating the Middle East for well over a thousand years. The Islamic Caliphate used to be in Istanbul, and so it was not only the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire, it was also the capital of Islam for hundreds of years, and I suspect Istanbul will regain its power, even greater than before.

I don't think Babylon will ever be rebuilt, I just see the whore as another symbolic representation of Rome/western Europe. But currently it is the Middle East (Jews) that pull the strings of Rome. Just like Zeus the bull stole the goddess Europa away and raped her, so Europe's symbolism reflects this power of the Middle East (baal/the bull/aurochs/wild beast) over Europe. As usual the bible uses a country's own symbols to reflect that country, and so the woman mystery Babylon sitting on the bull represents the woman Europa being carried off by the Middle East.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

A-Woman-Rides-The-Beast-2-Euro-Coin.jpg

The Euro coin reflects the woman Europa carried away by the aurochs/beast Baal/Zeus.  Its the same symbol as the biblical one.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Well Salty,

I will await & watch for the reviving of the Babylon Empire of Neb. the Medes & Persian Empire & the Greecian Empire & the Roman Empire. Please tell me when you see it, & then I can tell you that you interpreted correctly.

PS. I`m not holding my breath though. :mgcheerful: And just trying to be friendly there Salty.

Really? I thought you were already... seeing it come to fruition in our times today? I did mention the term "one world government" didn't I, which you also have loosely covered in your posts also?

There's a deeper meaning to the Rev.17:5 phrase "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT...". It involves the idea of pagan worship that first began in ancient Sumer-Babylonia with Sargon I, who worshipped Bel (Annals of Sargon). From ancient Sumer to the later beast kingdoms, and even among the western nations prior to Christ's first coming, that word "MYSTERY" has involved the old idea of the false worshipers behind the 'mystery schools' of initiation, which truly is the "synagogue of Satan". That working still exists today in just about every nation in the known world. That's who has been behind the long-range goal of a one world government, because Biblically that is the beast kingdom of ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns they intend to manifest in these last days. But do they want to raise the kingdom of Babylon like of old? Not really, they want JERUSALEM, because it belongs to our Heavenly Father, which is why Satan wants it, and thus his children want it.

@ Paradox,

The second beast in Rev 13 is a actually man.

In Revelation 11:7, "the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit" is a man who slays God's two witnesses, while in Chapter 17, the beast that "shall ascend out of the bottomless pit" (Revelation 17:8) is a kingdom. Both of these are revived by Satan, and the whole world will "wonder" (Revelation 13:3, 17:8) when they see Babylon the Great, and its king which "was, and is not, and yet is" (Revelation 17:8), revived and "brought back to life by the Dragon. It should only be fitting then that the ten kings should "give their kingdom unto the beast" (Revelation 17:17), "whose deadly wound was healed" (Revelation 13:12)

It can't be literal Babylon because God said Babylon will be destroyed and never be inhabited again. Isa 14:22-27 13:19-22. Jer 8:15-18. Just a few to start with.

Look at the scriptures and compare it with history which says otherwise to the decline of Babylon, Babylon decayed over time...Your scriptures your quoted have not been fulfilled yet

The dragon in Rev has a history from the beginning of earth, called the serpent (in the garden) taking a third of God's angels with him in the rebellion. He has seven heads, representing seven attempts at bringing a kingdom under his control in order to wipe out God's people and to rid the earth of truth, and even the Christ child.

His best success happened with Pagan Rome, which went Papal and grew worse, his ultimate killing machine- destroying the innocent on the name of Christ and being worshiped by the entire world as the authority of God on earth.

Will his last attempt be even more successful?

However, let's agree that all these kingdoms, world empires, nations, multitudes and kindred that Satan sits on are just seven men in the last days, some time in the future, and that all 21 prophetic time frames from Daniel's day until now are just a few weeks in the future, the rebuilding of Jerusalem, the messiah, his earthly ministry, his death are where? the reformation, the struggle for freedom,

Why would an intelligent God give that to Daniel, when it belongs to those on the future?

Or did the prophets and apostles know otherwise?

The mystery of iniquity was already at work then. II Thess 2:7

It's time to turn things up a notch...

Rev 12:3-4
3    And there appeared another wonder in heaven;
and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
(KJV)

Those verses were sometime back in history, for the dragon (devil) drawing a third of the stars to the earth with him was about Satan's original rebellion of old against God. Notice that "ten horns", "seven heads", but how many "crowns"? That's seven crowns instead of ten that's given in Rev.13:1 about the latter beast kingdom.

@Paradox

Interesting concept, but inaccurate.

Let me explain mine. 

The word "Revelation" comes from the Greek word apokalupsis, which means to unveil. In otherwords Revelations is not a Book of MYSTERY, we are to be blessed when we read Revelations not stand in utter confusion of it.

The angel of the Revelation said to John, "Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, AND of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns" (Revelation 17:7)

The angel further comes right out with more information and tells John, "the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings (kingdoms) of the earth" (Revelation 17:18). At this point logically I must wonder as John did, what "great city" has influenced, influencing or reigned and reignth over the kingdoms of the world down throughout history?

Right there is where you should... have stopped speculating, because the Babylon harlot city timing has not yet come today. It will only manifest once those Revelation 9 thru 17 events begin to happen.

Nice try though with the attempt to lead people's minds away from the Babylon harlot as a symbol for the end time events to occur in Jerusalem in the near future.

Oh ok my bad, corruption and false religions don't exist in our day and age.

You don't have to try and lecture us about false religions just to try and prove your theory about geographical Babylon being raised to some glorious city for the end. God is not sending His two witnesses to prophesy against geographic Babylon, because they will be in Jerusalem prophesying against the beast there.

If Antichrist sets up a tent in geographical Babylon before he comes to Jerusalem to set up idol worship of himself in place of God, what good is a little ol' tent in Iraq?

Jerusalem's layout today is STILL under U.N. authority, which is why general Dyan gave back half of Jerusalem to the Arabs after the 1967 war. Israel only became a nation again through U.N. charter vote by the nations. Thus the globalists and certain men in Jerusalem have long since had plans for Jerusalem becoming the ruling city over all nations when their world peace manifests once their 'king', the Antichrist, is placed in Jerusalem. They even publically declared Jerusalem many years ago as the international "City of Peace." 

If building up the old city of geographic Babylon is what it takes to fool people like yourself, they'll do that too. When that antichrist/king comes, and he will be a king per God's Word, that's when Jerusalem as the harlot will say she sits a queen, and am no widow (Rev.18:7). So Jerusalem becoming the Babylon harlot is about a coming marriage of that antichrist with Jerusalem, because he is coming 'as' God (2 Thess.2:4).

Salty and others,

I don't know if you have been to Babylon, but it is a dump, it even has dumps around it, from Saddam's attempt to renovate it.

But literal Babylon has been dead for ages, and God said it would never be inhabited.

All you have to do to prove God wrong is go over there and build a little bungalow right inside the broken walls. You'll be out of there by sunset - guaranteed.

If you don't know which city (actually a registered country) pulls the strings on all world governments and religions today, then I'll rejoice when you do ! 

Her roots go back to Babylon, she has had secret societies and priests in governments for a long time.

And Inchrist, "symbolic" does not mean to "spiritualize away" rather it puts an appropriate icon to the real thing. Revelation is mostly in symbols. Of course this does not mean that its sealed or secret.

Babylon is a real power for sure, most closely resembled by the red dragon in Ch 12. But the label sticks to the forehead of a system, which is panicking about being exposed, and doing every distraction possible to prevent it. Futurism is successful.