• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

I find it difficult to accept. Could it be true that most Christians  are not really Christians? Is there really so few hearts that are full of love and truly seek the Lords heart exhaustively? It cant be true right?

1 John 4:1 (NKJV)

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Yes, there are people who put a pretense of being Christian when in reality their behaviour proves otherwise. In my opinion, there are two types of Christians who fit this category:

1. The first kind honestly just do not know the meaning of being a child of God. They may or may not be saved, but they seem to believe that it doesn't matter what they do or how they act because God will "always" forgive them. They are still too attached to worldly pleasures and cannot take a step in trying to seek Christ; they are on the wrong path and just do not know it. I do not think that these kind of people are actively trying to act against what the word of God says, but rather they are unknowledgeable about who a Christian is and how he or she should act.

2. The second kind are more of what I associate as "false prophets". They pretend to be holy and full of love on the outside, but on the inside they are wicked people. They consciously sin and do wrong because they want to, and could care less about seeking the Lord. I know so many of these people, and it saddens me. They preach about love, forgiveness, faith, etc and yet they themselves do not practice what they teach. These are the kinds of people who give Christians a bad name, because they are often as wicked and as filthy as people of the world.

My advice is to forget about people like this. Your job is to preach the gospel to every nation, so do just that. Do not bother yourself with hypocritical Christians, because they'll just bring you down. Take heed that you do not judge someone based on their outward appearance, but based on what's on the inside (1 Samuel 16:7). That way you will avoid false prophets and find the right kind of Christians to seek Christ with.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I will go farther to say that some new Christians come from a very wicked place and they are changed slowly over time from the inside out. First their attitudes change. If they are embarrassed or ashamed of their former lives, they are saved. If they boast about their former lives they are not saved. Our attitudes about right and wrong change first. Then even those are perfected. We do not become aware of all our sinfulness at once. It would be too much to handle. And He deals with us differently according to our need as He sees it. First He often points out some outward sins. Later the inward sin that causes outward behavior is worked on as we learn we can't change in our own strength. The sins of the heart such as lack of love and forgiveness; or, lust and greed because He is not first in our lives, and other problems are revealed to us. Rebellion is a bad one too. It is a life long process.

Holiness people and new christians are inclined to be "fruit inspectors." They are more apt to look at the things God did in their own lives and expect the same thing in others. We are not supposed to compare ourselves with each other. We only compare ouselves with Christ.

My friend was delivered from smoking immediately and judged her husband because he battled it for 20 years. She made him believe that he was not a christian because of it. But after he obeyed God by believer's baptism he was changed much faster. He had been changed in other ways before, but he had not totally surrendered to God as absolute Lord of his life. We also need to recognize that it is only by the power of God that we can obey God or lead the christian life, and we can't do it in our own strength or effort.

So it is very hard to look for fruit. We often have planks in our own eyes when we judge others.

But it is true that there will be some kind of fruit--ususally, love, joy or peace. Hubby first had peace, knowing that God had forgiven him and then such love for Christians (especially me). He followed me around like a new puppy and was always just behind me, which made me nervous when I was using a knife in the kitchen. I found myself praying "Lord, please don't take it away, but give me the grace to appreciate this new love in him." He sort of drove me nuts. I knew how to live with the man who hated Christians The change has been overwhelming to me. But others may not have seen it so dramaticly. And he still struggled with some bad habbits. He found it hard to trust others, especially pastors, due to the circumstances of his childhood. So he could not be transparent with others. 15 years later there were still some people who thought he was not saved; a deacon at that church told them that hubby had led him to the Lord so the pastor asked me about it. Yes he was the priest in our home, but he was not perfect. Nor am I.

By this you shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. john 13:35

We are all a work in progress. But as Kwikfilly said, it is all about our relationship with Christ---and to do justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.

Blessings,

Willa

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I have been on both sides of the coin, When I was not saved I hung out with all kinds of groups and all kinds of ppl but if you talked about Christianity  the most common responces were Christianity is bogus Christians are hypocrites or Christian are judgemental or to strict. There were some good responces but I have lived in Texas and oklahoma and heard this. I even heard it from a general chat in a very popular computer game.

then you go to the other side of the coin, I have met hundreds maybe even thousands of Christians as I go to like 7 different forums or sites and they even talk how love has grown cold in most hearts and in my two years of watching youtube there are many ppl who have something in common- They all either speak of or recieve a supposive word from the Lord how many claim to know him but their hearts are far from him or how few true children of God there is now and such.

I find it difficult to accept. Could it be true that most Christians  are not really Christians? Is there really so few hearts that are full of love and truly seek the Lords heart exhaustively? It cant be true right?

Are Christians hypocrites..  yes of course sometimes we are

Are Christians Judgemental .. yes of course, sometimes we are

Are/Do  Christians (enter random sin here).. Yes of course we are

But that is Exactly the point, that is exactly why we are Christians we know that we are flawed, we know we cannot please God with our own strength.  So we choose to surrender to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to transform us as we travel through life and accept God's grace.

Being transformed into the likeness of Christ is a long painful journey, not for the weak of heart but for those who know they need God's grace untill that day we are finally re-united with HIm.

Blessings

Andy

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

I find it difficult to accept. Could it be true that most Christians are not really Christians? Is there really so few hearts that are full of love and truly seek the Lords heart exhaustively? It cant be true right?

The answer is a simple YES. Most Christians today are Christians in name only. Add those who belong to the many different cults... and you have a one big mess.

Me, I have a simple solution to this confusion. I don't use "Christian" much nowadays; instead I use "true followers of Jesus" when I speak of those who are really Christians in truth, and not just in name.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

It takes some longer than others for the old self to die, that is if we are committed to put the old self to death. Pride must be stripped in order to see ourselves through other eyes.

It takes some longer than others for the old self to die, that is if we are committed to put the old self to death. Pride must be stripped in order to see ourselves through other eyes.

I agree. :thumbsup:

~

• Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

They all either speak of or receive a suppose word from the Lord how many claim to know him but their hearts are far from him or how few true children of God there is now and such.

IMO there are a lot of folks that consider themselves Christian, and only God knows for sure, but to your question it takes maturity to love as God commands us to love.

Spiritual maturity yields the fruit of the spirit which affords the Christian the grace/capacity to love as God commands.

In short, most Christians are content with mingling in the outer court, not maturing/yielding to the holy spirit  enough to move on into the inner court.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have been on both sides of the coin, When I was not saved I hung out with all kinds of groups and all kinds of ppl but if you talked about Christianity  the most common responces were Christianity is bogus Christians are hypocrites or Christian are judgemental or to strict. There were some good responces but I have lived in Texas and oklahoma and heard this. I even heard it from a general chat in a very popular computer game.

then you go to the other side of the coin, I have met hundreds maybe even thousands of Christians as I go to like 7 different forums or sites and they even talk how love has grown cold in most hearts and in my two years of watching youtube there are many ppl who have something in common- They all either speak of or recieve a supposive word from the Lord how many claim to know him but their hearts are far from him or how few true children of God there is now and such.

Worry about you own heart, because that's what God wants.

Why use a "popular computer game" as a standard? If most playing the game are not christian, you can expect the comments you are seeing. 

YouTube? The same if not worse. I use YouTube to listen to older music like Woody and Arlo Guthrie, and other pioneers of folk music, but I never make the mistake of reading the comments.

As to the sites you are getting negative responses from? Stay away from them. look for sites such as this one. 

Look inwards and once you have found what you are looking for (you will know), the rest becomes background noise at best.

They all either speak of or receive a suppose word from the Lord how many claim to know him but their hearts are far from him or how few true children of God there is now and such.

I find it difficult to accept. Could it be true that most Christians are not really Christians? Is there really so few hearts that are full of love and truly seek the Lords heart exhaustively? It cant be true right?

IMO there are a lot of folks that consider themselves Christian, and only God knows for sure, but to your question it takes maturity to love as God commands us to love.

Spiritual maturity yields the fruit of the spirit which affords the Christian the grace/capacity to love as God commands.

In short, most Christians are content with mingling in the outer court, not maturing/yielding to the holy spirit enough to move on into the inner court.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

~

In short, most Christians are content with mingling in the outer court,

not maturing/yielding to the holy spirit  enough

to move on into the inner court.  

:)

How

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Dare They

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:14

ToS

There are two main sections to Worthy Boards, the Inner Court and the Outer Court.

The Inner court is designed for fellowship and discussion among those who know Jesus Christ as Savior.

The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn.

Those who join Worthy who do not claim Christ as Savior will be designated "nonbeliever'.

This designation will mean that they will only be able to post in the Outer Court area.

They can read every part of the Forums, but their discussions will be limited to one area. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules