Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Hummm,  I see Israel spent 40 days scoping out the promised land and not being willing to do what God told them to do and spending 40 years in the desert for an entire generation to die off.....   I see Jesus spending 40 days in the desert fasting and praying and being tempted by Satan.....

I don't get the comparison...... 

Then you obviously don't understand that every gift God gives is in promise form. Also it is obvious you didn't read my references.

Read them all twice and that's why I responded...    might I ask what promise did God give Jesus in the desert???   Sometimes I can be dense.

For what reason did God allow Jesus left alone to be tempted of the Devil after having empowering Him__God thereafter never interfered in anyway until the forty days were up..

Edited by Cross Reference

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross...

I read your references and compared them to Lukes account of Jesus in the wilderness & the only thing I could compare is that Jesus always trusted our Father.He walked in complete obedience to the Will of the Father.......the Israelites on the other hand were the complete opposite ,had they trusted & obeyed God in those 40 days(as Jesus did) they would not suffered the consequence & could have moved on & into Gods promise for them without delay......

May I ask,what promise you are referring to or just stating "all Gods promises"?    Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Cross...

I read your references and compared them to Lukes account of Jesus in the wilderness & the only thing I could compare is that Jesus always trusted our Father.He walked in complete obedience to the Will of the Father.......the Israelites on the other hand were the complete opposite ,had they trusted & obeyed God in those 40 days(as Jesus did) they would not suffered the consequence & could have moved on & into Gods promise for them without delay......

May I ask,what promise you are referring to or just stating "all Gods promises"?    Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You received all the understanding that I could have hoped for. . . :)  You see it! Now can you see the modern day Christian and that Jesus [not as God]  is indeed our role model?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Biblical account of the children of Israel refusal to enter the land was death to those 20 years of age and above

with the exception of Joshua, Caleb and Moses. It took 40 years to accomplish this Word of God... Love, Steven

http://www.gotquestions.org/wilderness-wandering.html

Edited by enoob57

The Biblical account of the children of Israel refusal to enter the land was death to those 20 years of age and above

with the exception of Joshua, Caleb and Moses. It took 40 years to accomplish this Word of God... Love, Steven

http://www.gotquestions.org/wilderness-wandering.html

. . .with the realization that God does tempt to prove and must break His promise after the results are in and are not to His necessary satisfaction.

Does anyone wish to call that "works salvation"?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross...

Yes I do,I always see Jesus as our role model & in everything Written about Him as an example of daily living........   we are far from perfect but looking at Him we can strive towards that perfection,as Gods Word tells us we can,We are more than conquerors in Christ!   Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings noobs

Good reading reference,thanks for sharing! God Bless you my Brother!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

. . .with the realization that God does tempt to prove and must break His promise after the results are in and are not to His necessary satisfaction.

God says: I do not use temptation

James 1:13

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for

God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

KJV

God says I test or try: http://www.gotquestions.org/God-tempt-us-to-sin.html

You have been queried about this and your studied opinion is test-temp-trial are the same...

Clearly though out in God's Word they are not...

Must break His Promise (?) Where in Scripture do you find God breaking promises :noidea:

Love, Steven

God says: I do not use temptation

James 1:13

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for

God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

KJV

God says I test or try: http://www.gotquestions.org/God-tempt-us-to-sin.html

You have been queried about this and your studied opinion is test-temp-trial are the same...

Clearly though out in God's Word they are not...

Must break His Promise (?) Where in Scripture do you find God breaking promises :noidea:

Love, Steven

Check your Greek and Hebrew for understanding they mean the same.

What you fail to take into consider is the motivation that lies behind each word when used. Context helps which reveals such motivation.

"After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities,

even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise." Numbers 14:34 (KJV)

"Unbelief" never enters the 'fulfillment' of God's "Promises". In this case, the "natural Promised Land".

For the new born of God, Christian, it is the "Spiritual Promised Land "____  Romans 8 which is a plumbline whereby each of us

is able to gage our own spirituality.

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am." Genesis 22:1 (KJV)

Again, what is the motive of God but to "prove" Abraham".

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried,

he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." James 1:12 (KJV)

I hope all that helps in some way.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hummm,  I see Israel spent 40 days scoping out the promised land and not being willing to do what God told them to do and spending 40 years in the desert for an entire generation to die off.....   I see Jesus spending 40 days in the desert fasting and praying and being tempted by Satan.....

I don't get the comparison...... 

Then you obviously don't understand that every gift God gives is in promise form. Also it is obvious you didn't read my references.

Read them all twice and that's why I responded...    might I ask what promise did God give Jesus in the desert???   Sometimes I can be dense.

For what reason did God allow Jesus left alone to be tempted of the Devil after having empowering Him__God thereafter never interfered in anyway until the forty days were up..

are you Jewish.....   you keep answering my questions with questions.......        what does your question have to do with promises The Father might have made to Jesus.....  

How about some answers instead of questions?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

This thread has become terribly complicated and has turned into a discussion of Christology. Let me give my simple and probably naive take on it.

Jesus was hungry. He would have wanted something to eat but he had been given a test. He didn't just fast because he had nothing better to do. If he had turned the stones into bread he would have given into temptation and failed the test.

It's nothing to do with misusing his power or following instructions from Satan. It's to do with the fact that he wanted something to eat and turning stones into food would have been a fail on his part.

I can't see why it would be more complicated than that.