tigger398

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

He not only taught me that but explained to me how he made it possible for Christians to not sin.

Jesus/Holy Spirit will never lead one to sin, and if a person follows God they will always receive the grace to resist Satan/sin.

John, this is true and Biblical so I hope all Christians would believe this as well. I would also add that we as Christians should hate sin for it undermines the high calling of Jesus Christ; our witness to world about Him; and brings damage to His ministry.

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. - 1Corinthians 10:13

However, I believe the only point we differ on is that if anyone does fail and sins we do have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ our Lord who is also our Savior. Praise be His Name!

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1John 2:1

So in the end His continual forgiveness and our repentance bring greater grace. Paul and Barnabas separated after a heated argument over John Mark. God used that separation and brought the Gospel to separate places. In the end we see Paul in prison and who is there by his side ministering to him but John Mark - the writer of the Gospel. He works all things out by His mercy, and His grace while He is yet sanctifying us. Mercy is an attribute of our Heavenly Father, and of our Savior Lord, and of the Holy Spirit who lives in us. God continually tells us He loves mercy and wishes to see it in us as well.

He has shown you, O man, what is good;

And what does the LORD require of you

But to do justly,

To love mercy,

And to walk humbly with your God?

-Micah 6:8

Blessed are the merciful,For they shall obtain mercy.

Matthew 5:7

“But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Matthew 9:13

Remember the thorn in Paul's flesh? He was not perfected yet either. Remember Peter's hypocrisy at Antioch? He was not perfected yet either. On and on it goes. Yes we are to sin not but if we do we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ our Lord.

I am glad you have had such victory over sin in your life. As I've stated before I've never known a Christian who admits to no sin and actually does not sin. I've met many who by the world's standards were pure as the driven snow but when asked they confess they struggle with sin. My experience has been the closer we become to Christ the more we see sins that our pride has hidden from initial view. Awareness then leads to confession. This is the process of sanctification - the Lord working through us. I believe while we are in this world we are not yet perfected but that He is working on us to perfect who we are in Him.

May the Lord give us all wisdom in this area and may God bless you

In Jesus Name, Pat

Edited by Macs Son

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

He not only taught me that but explained to me how he made it possible for Christians to not sin.

Jesus/Holy Spirit will never lead one to sin, and if a person follows God they will always receive the grace to resist Satan/sin.

John, this is true and Biblical so I hope all Christians would believe this as well. I would also add that we as Christians should hate sin for it undermines the high calling of Jesus Christ, our witness to Him and the ministry.

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. - 1Corinthians 10:13

However, I believe the only point we differ on is that if anyone does fail and sins we do have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ our Lord who is also our Savior. Praise be His Name!

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1John 2:1

I am glad you have had such victory over sin in your life. As I've stated before I've never known a Christian who admits to no sin and actually does not sin. I've met many who by the world's standards were pure as the driven snow but when asked they confess they struggle with sin. My experience has been the closer we become to Christ the more we see sins that our pride has hidden from initial view. Awareness then leads to confession. This is the process of sanctification - the Lord working through us. I believe while we are in this world we are not yet perfected but that He is working on us to perfect who we are in Him.

May the Lord give us all wisdom in this area and may God bless you

In Jesus Name, Pat

If I would deliberately commit a sin, then there would never be a place for me in the kingdom of God.  Also Jesus/Holy Spirit always lets me know if I am in any danger of committing any wrong doing.

One who allows the Holy Spirit to dictate to him or her, and has a personal relationship with Jesus our Lord and God, will become perfect.  

God will lead his own to live the whole Word of God, and then such a person becomes a home of God's.  There is no sin in the kingdom of God/God's home.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them.  There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.-----“

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,393
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If I would deliberately commit a sin, then there would never be a place for me in the kingdom of God.  Also Jesus/Holy Spirit always lets me know if I am in any danger of committing any wrong doing.

One who allows the Holy Spirit to dictate to him or her, and has a personal relationship with Jesus our Lord and God, will become perfect.  

God will lead his own to live the whole Word of God, and then such a person becomes a home of God's.  There is no sin in the kingdom of God/God's home.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them.  There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.-----“

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Oh loved one I will pray for you... You are in a self deceived place of false righteousness!

There was only one who held the title of "without sin":

Heb 4:12-13

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword,

piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,

and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any

creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto

the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

KJV

So using God's Word let us look upon a people like yourself- who through works of flesh testify

of acceptability to a Holy And Righteous Being Christ The Lord Jesus:

Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name?

and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me,

ye that work iniquity.

KJV

How in self aggrandizement do you expect to escape when these did not! Or better do you not know

the way of a heart that is forgiven of sins?

Luke 18:10-14

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as

other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican,

standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his

breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his

house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased;

and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

KJV

There is room for Only One to Be Glorified in Heaven and it 'IS' the Lamb of God which takes away

the sins of the world... His Name 'IS' Jesus and all of my being is hoping in His Work alone as my

redemption from my first born person... Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

~

His Word

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

Never

If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts. 1 John 1:8-10 (NLT)

Lies

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:24-28

See?

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Ephesians 1:7

No?

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-24

~

Another Brother Gives A Warning

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:6-12

The Bible  contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a Paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given to you in life, will be open in the judgment, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and condemns all who trifle with its holy precepts.

From The Front Of My Gideon New Testament

~

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

Keep The Faith

Love, Joe

Guest shiloh357

So if you commit a sin, there is no forgiveness, no grace?   You commit a sin and you are forever condemned to hell and hope of Gods' mercy?  No point in asking for forgiveness?   is the blood of Jesus only for perfect people?

So if you commit a sin, there is no forgiveness, no grace?   You commit a sin and you are forever condemned to hell and hope of Gods' mercy?  No point in asking for forgiveness?   is the blood of Jesus only for perfect people?

Read the following scriptures very carefully, and see where it say about insulting the Spirit of Grace/Holy Spirit.  Insulting the Spirit of Grace is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and that is an unforgivable sin.

There is a good example of what happens to those who insult the Holy Spirit in the next scripture verses.

(Acts 5:1-11) “There was another man, however, called Ananias.  He and his wife, Sapphira, agreed to sell a property; but with his wife’s connivance he kept back part of the proceeds, and brought the rest and presented it to the apostles.  Ananias, Peter said ‘now can Satan have so possessed you that you should lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the money from the land?  While you still owned the land, wasn’t it yours to keep, and after you had sold it wasn’t the money yours to do with as you liked?  What put this scheme into your mind?  It is not to men that you have lied, but to God.  When he heard this Ananias fell down dead.  This made a profound impression on everyone present.  The younger men got up, wrapped the body in a sheet, carried it out and buried it.

About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had taken place.  Peter challenged her, ‘Tell me was this the price you sold the land for?  ‘Yes,’ she said ‘that was the price.’  Peter then said, ‘So you and your husband have agreed to put the Spirit of the Lord to the test!  What made you do it?  You hear those footsteps?  They have just been to bury your husband; they will carry you out, too.’  Instantly she dropped dead at his feet.  When the young men came in they found she was dead, and they carried her out and buried her by the side of her husband.  This made a profound impression on the whole Church and on all who heard it.    

Lying to the Holy Spirit is insulting the Holy Spirit, and that is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them.  There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.  Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment.  We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people.  It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

John are you going to a church and have fellowship with other Christians?

Do you realize that everybody who post here  know they still sin?

And you are the only one who doesn't sin?

There is sin  in you that you don't realize. You are a sinner saved by grace and God is not done working on you or me yet!

What do you think sin is? 

Guest shiloh357

Read the following scriptures very carefully, and see where it say about insulting the Spirit of Grace/Holy Spirit.  Insulting the Spirit of Grace is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and that is an unforgivable sin.

That doesn't really answer my question.  I am not asking about the unpardonable sin.  Let me ask it this way:

If a person commits the sin of lust, and they repent and ask for  forgiveness, will they be forgiven or is it the case that having committed that sin, there is no forgiveness, no mercy for them?   If God sees you commit one sin He will never, ever forgive you?   Is that what you are saying?? 

That doesn't really answer my question.  I am not asking about the unpardonable sin.  Let me ask it this way:

If a person commits the sin of lust, and they repent and ask for  forgiveness, will they be forgiven or is it the case that having committed that sin, there is no forgiveness, no mercy for them?   If God sees you commit one sin He will never, ever forgive you?   Is that what you are saying?? 

Not just any person.  Just those who have been given the knowledge of the truth.  Most people don't understand that one can't come to the knowledge of the truth unless God teaches him or her.

Guest shiloh357

Not just any person.  Just those who have been given the knowledge of the truth.  Most people don't understand that one can't come to the knowledge of the truth unless God teaches him or her.

So if a person is a Christian, and they commit the sin of lust...    In your view, they don't just lose salvation, but they lose all hope of any forgiveness.  They can never get saved again, there is no starting over.  God will never forgive that person for that sin and they have no hope at all??  Their salvation is permanently taken away from them forever?  That is what you are saying?