• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

InfoCentral,  I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that if Pat Robertson made the statement you quoted, that then he misunderstood the question due to being pre-senile. I've seen one of his 2 women helpers read him a question from a viewer, and his answer was wrong because he either wasn't paying attention, he was too sleepy (folks in the mid 80's need 1 or 2 naps a day) or his memory have become very poor. I'm not sure what a Theistic Evolutionist is. Would that refer to my pov? I know that changes take place within a species and they happen to allow the animal to survive. But to say one animal ever became another animal is simply unproven. That's 1 of the so-called missing links. I'm pretty sure Robertson agrees with me on this. But due to his age he makes about 1 blunder a week.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I watched the 700 Club once after the Creation vs Evolution debate.  Pat Robertson stated it was foolish for Christians not to believe in Evolution with all the evidence out there.  I guess he is what is called a Theistic Evolutionist.  He believes God's hand is in the evolutionary process.  Go figure...

Mr. Robertson has been known to get wound up and say some pretty silly things. He isn't a theistic evolutionist but I think his charge that young earth creationists are "deaf, dumb, and blind" is over the top. I agree with his sentiment that Ken Ham wasn't the man for the job.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

InfoCentral,  I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that if Pat Robertson made the statement you quoted, that then he misunderstood the question due to being pre-senile. I've seen one of his 2 women helpers read him a question from a viewer, and his answer was wrong because he either wasn't paying attention, he was too sleepy (folks in the mid 80's need 1 or 2 naps a day) or his memory have become very poor. I'm not sure what a Theistic Evolutionist is. Would that refer to my pov? I know that changes take place within a species and they happen to allow the animal to survive. But to say one animal ever became another animal is simply unproven. That's 1 of the so-called missing links. I'm pretty sure Robertson agrees with me on this. But due to his age he makes about 1 blunder a week.

Very true. I'm not senile but if you put me on TV unscripted, I would probably be muzzled and carted off behind the curtain within ten minutes :biggrin2:

I watched the 700 Club once after the Creation vs Evolution debate.  Pat Robertson stated it was foolish for Christians not to believe in Evolution with all the evidence out there.  I guess he is what is called a Theistic Evolutionist.  He believes God's hand is in the evolutionary process.  Go figure...

~

Speaking Of Hands

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

Even A Kid With Seven Fingers Can Figure It Out

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hey folks, please don't make this thread about evolution. It's supposed to be about marriage, and specifically on the statistics we have been told for decades on how prevalent divorce is. I think we all know our government lies to us. If statistics are coming from researchers who are atheists, then that increases the chances they're lying about how high the divorce rate is. The statistics saying the divorce rate is much lower than 50% doesn't come from anyone who works for the 700 Club. It comes from a woman who was a guest on the show.

I find it easy to believe the high divorce rates are lies. I was born in 1952 and I've been watching America turn into a country I didn't know as a child. This has happened because we have lost our morals which come from God. As we continue to throw God out of our schools, institutions, and our lives, America gets worse. If the divorce rate truly is way below 50% people need to know this. Especially our young people.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/20/1989

I seen it a couple times over the years. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

I do, and I watch it mainly for Pat Robinson's political commentaries. I don't always agree. They present other information and I often wonder if they check their sources before they say something? I hope they do. Lately they have said, on at least 2 separate occasions, that the divorce rate in America is no where near 50%. That's the number we have been hearing since I can't remember when. If this indeed be a lie of the devil it has done much harm. Young folks get married and when things get tough, and they always will, the couple gets divorced. They know it's wrong and violates their marriage vows, but they think, what the heck, 50% of couples break up. A woman has written at least 1 book on this. Her research found that maybe 30% of all marriages end in divorce. However, when both people are church going Christians, the divorce rate drops to 10 - 15%, and maybe even only 5%, depending on how the statistical analysis is done. That's good news. All relationships hit rocky roads, even friendships. If married couples knew most of their married friends stick it out, until the road becomes smooth again, that knowledge will help the couple stay together.

I find it very easy to believe Satan has tricked the minds of atheists to believe the divorce rate is 50%. Therefore, I find it equally easy to believe that couples who are equally yoked together can stay together all their lives.

What do you all think?

I at one time watch Pat, but found him not to be of God.

Guest shiloh357

When the Barna research group came out with the figure of 50-51% of Christian marriages end in divorce, they didn't make any effort to distinguish between those who say they are Christian simply because they were confirmed at age 6 and have never darkened the door of a church since, from those who are born again followers of Jesus.   They simply asked people if they were Christians.

If an effort were made to filter out those who are Christians in name only and really get down to those who are genuine followers of Jesus, those numbers would likely be much, much lower in terms of divorce rates among Christians.