• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

What a tasteful presentation. Thanks.

The standard Biblical cubit is about 21 inches, so this model is conservative. 

Would anyone be interested in discussing the dynamics of water on a global scale?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

What a tasteful presentation. Thanks.

The standard Biblical cubit is about 21 inches, so this model is conservative. 

Would anyone be interested in discussing the dynamics of water on a global scale?

I've got a compressed timeframes view, but agree with the geological layering and ordering of the predominant  fossils as presented by the standard (but false!) evolutionary tree. I place the flood at the Permian/Triassic boundary where we find a mud and fungal layer across the earth, and largescale evidence of seas flooding into the continental interiors.

The Permian was known as a flat landscape, divided into 2 main topographies. Firstly massive flat flood-plains, secondly massive coastal wetlands. Because the terrain was flat, it was highly susceptible to flooding from the melting of the Permian ice-caps and glaciation. I do suspect that the garden of Eden was just a small island, and the only reason this island expanded into the size of the continental landmass of Pangea was possibly because ice caps and glaciation dropped ocean levels. So there was more than enough water to cover the flat Permian landscape when all that glaciation and ice caps melted. The possible only area that wouldn't have been covered by water was completely covered by lava flows hundreds of meters deep.(the Siberian highlands). This is where they are currently discovering the first biological/fossil signs of a Permian world similar to the plants we have today. 

This Permian-Triassic boundary is also known as having a strong regression (sudden outflows of water on a massive scale). This would explain some geological features like the Grand Canyon.

Argosy,

I don't know much about all these layers, I grew up in rural Australia, and made my observations from local landscape formations. Something interesting I'll tell later.

But now we have Google satellite which gives us a grand scale picture.

From what I've seen, 100 % of landscapes were initially formed by water, primarily by a great flood, secondly by a great wind which helped the water to leave the land, and then there were continental drifts, mountains rising, islands sinking, etc, and later

volcanoes only 0.001 %, and earthquakes about 0.001 % as well.

And finally we have about 4,400 years of natural weathering, which began with an ice age immediately after the flood.

The fossil distribution as you showed puts water in most places, but in lowlands?

I've got a feeling that many parts of the world were moved around and changed without giving the fossils a chance to be part of it.

And I also suspect that the world was much wetter after the ice age, with swamp lands everywhere.

And so these fossil beds would not prove a global flood at first glance, right? 

Many deserts in Oz were once greened out with forests and all, but there was not enough rain, the only water was in the ground, and in lakes. So we can expect that these conditions existed elsewhere as you've mentioned.

I agree with you that the world shows +-4400 years of weathering.  I believe that worldwide layer of mud that contains volcanic ash and a fungal layer divides the post-flood world from the pre-flood world.

I disagree though on the further details, but would be interested in why you think there was an ice age soon after the flood.

My approximate timeline is like this:

6400-4400 years ago = pre-flood world (cold, glaciers, amphibians)

+- 4400 years ago the flood/mud layer. Volcanic activity and mountain building tectonics occurred during and the Ice caps melted

4400- 4000 years ago   dinosaurs (amphibuous sea reptiles) ruled the terrestrial dry desert world . Mankind and mammals and birds and flowering and grain plants were confined to the Middle East and Egypt/Ethiopia and India. They were near to the ark as populations grew for 400 years 

4000 years ago a meteorite hits earth, worldwide iridium layer, sudden ice age, most dinosaur species die off. All the ancient high-tech post-flood civilizations are destroyed. (Sumeria/India/Egypt)

The last 4000 years civilization has been steadily regaining technology after the meteorite. Mammals now dominate.

If the flood was global, and the water was the average depth of the ocean, should we expect to find any evidence of a pre flood ice age?

If the flood was global, and the water was the average depth of the ocean, should we expect to find any evidence of a pre flood ice age?

The evidence is there. At the only place in the fossil layering that we do see geological evidence of a worldwide mud/flood layer , just below it we see evidence of massive unprecedented glaciation. This glaciation covered most of Africa/South America/Australia/India, and of course covered Antarctica. Only the northern parts of these continents were not covered by glaciation before the Permian-Triassic boundary. Not saying it all suddenly melted, but over time all that glaciation melted, and instead we had a really dry and hot post-flood world which suited reptiles (dinosaurs). 

ps the secret to a worldwide flood is not the average depth of the ocea, but the height of the highest mountains/hills. There are vague and unproven claims that the Appalachians were a large pre-boundary mountain range. Otherwise that world was flat. And those claims also agree the hilltops were completely eroded away, and so even if they were high, the evidence is that they were lowered during that era by erosion. Either way, it became possible for even the highest points to be covered by an amount of water with far less volume than our modern day mountains would require. If we take into account that the atmosphere was wetter than today, also a proven scientific fact, the loss of atmospheric water during that rainfall would of course have added a little volume to that of the melting ice caps.

Are you also talking about whole animals trapped in ice, as well as in mud ice?

Almost all animal life was killed instantly at the beginning of the flood. One of those means was snap freezing.

Are you also talking about whole animals trapped in ice, as well as in mud ice?

Almost all animal life was killed instantly at the beginning of the flood. One of those means was snap freezing.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood you. I believe the snap freezing occurred about 400 years after the flood. This is the same moment that the Old Kingdom of Egypt, the Sumerian civilization and the Indus Civilization disappeared. Most dinosaur species also became extinct at that moment, and the northern latitudes that had mammals (too cold for reptiles) experienced a sudden ice age.

This was all caused by a meteorite collission with earth. 

The earlier flood caused masses of terrestrail fossils underneath the mud layer. These fossils included huge forests (coal) and amphibians (wetlands). The pre-flood mammal and human fossils, and flowers and grain were not found because these were confined to a northern region of weather more suitable for mammals and modern flora. (ie the Siberian highlands). These areas were covered by continental size lava flows during the volcanic activity known as the Siberian traps. Little is known about the Permian fossils trapped beneath hundreds of metres of basalt rock. I suspect this is where the pre-flood human fossils/cities will be found as well as the original mammal species.

When they found that Siberian mammoth, it was pretty exciting, for until then I only knew about cave paintings.

I was amazed that the animal still had grass in its mouth, how suddenly it all stopped. 

I don't know much about fossils, but so many animals are intact, and not lying on the bottom of a swamp or whatever, so the evidence points to a quick catastrophe.

When I grew up we were used to nature giving signals prior to 'bad behavior,' but recently we have had freak storms without warning causing sudden destruction. So fast natural disasters are more plausible.

In some places the animals were found in fossil beds all thrown together. there were bite marks of apparent herbivores digging into their predators and others. Possibly not intentional at all. Some scientists immediately drew up food chains, but they did not make sense, and the most valid conclusion was that they were suddenly heaped together. Another site, showed nearly all bones broken, of all different kinds of life.

If sufficient water is dumped by a cataract from the sky, the down draft can be so strong forcing the air near the ground outwards at high speed. This kind of thing could have killed a whole lot of animals in an instant.

It may interest some who have difficulty conceiving a global flood, that water on a large scale behaves far differently than imagined,

it acts more like a solid than a liquid. 

As its volume increases its relative viscosity also increases.

Similar in principle to a pendulum, the longer the pendulum the slower it oscillates back and forth.

A large mass of water cannot be shifted around very easily, it takes too much energy to move it.

This implies that once it is moving, no matter how slow, it cannot be stopped either.

Once this basic concept is understood, it is very easy to know the dynamics of a global flood.

These dynamics are apparent to ship captains. A large vessel cannot dock if there is only a couple of meters of water separating the ship from the dock and the ground underneath. The water has to be displaced by the vessel as it approaches side ways, and sometimes the energy required to do that is not enough, even with the most powerful side thrust engines.

If this is the case on this small scale, what kind of forces are we dealing with on the scale of an ocean?