Christian55

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I do not know why we want to be angel because scripture says we are higher than the angels.

actually I think it says that we "will be" higher than the angels...  right now we are lower than the angels.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I do not know why we want to be angel because scripture says we are higher than the angels.

Hebrews 1:

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

We are to be co-heirs with Jesus The Christ and I think "we being Higher than angels" come from this verse. Also 1 Corin 6:3 says we will judge angels so that saying may also refer to this one.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/08/1984

Coheir raises an excellent passage. I would also add that the angels themselves are curious about the things mankind experiences through the Gospel.

1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Can we become an angel after death? 

Jesus said those of the resurrection are as the angels of God in Heaven (Matt.22:30).

So what is the 'resurrection' about? Ah... there's the gist.

The believer must decide whether they will listen to God in His Word, or to men. Some men teach that the resurrection is about a new flesh body joined with our spirit, which in reality is the theory of reincarnation.

Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor.15 as we have borne the "image of the earthy" we shall also bear the "image of the heavenly", and that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

That's what Christ's "as the angels" phrase means. It's about the "spiritual body" Paul taught we will put on, immortality, because the flesh of this world can never be immortal, it is assigned to perish at death, or at the last trump change at Jesus' coming.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus said those of the resurrection are as the angels of God in Heaven (Matt.22:30).

I find it hard to believe that a person of your knowledge of the Bible would use a short sentence fragment to say something so out of context......   i'm disappointed.....

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

As said, angels are created beings.  The Bible says it appointed for once man to die and after that the judgement.  That actually boarders on believing we come back as something else.  No we do not become angels. So I would say no.

As said angels are created beings.  The Bible says it appointed for once man to die and after that the judgement.  That actually boarders on believing we come back as something else.  No we do not become angels. So I would say no.

1Corin 15

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1 John 3
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Matt 17
1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

John 3

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

These make me lean toward a spiritual body, not like and angel like Jesus.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Christian

The Word of God gives us a very detailed description of what becomes us after death in 1 Corinthians 15:35-58

But someone may ask, “How will the dead be raised? What kind of bodies will they have?” 36 What a foolish question! When you put a seed into the ground, it doesn’t grow into a plant unless it dies first. 37 And what you put in the ground is not the plant that will grow, but only a bare seed of wheat or whatever you are planting. 38 Then God gives it the new body he wants it to have. A different plant grows from each kind of seed. 39 Similarly there are different kinds of flesh—one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish.

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies. 41 The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

45 The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit. 46 What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later. 47 Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven. 48 Earthly people are like the earthly man, and heavenly people are like the heavenly man. 49 Just as we are now like the earthly man, we will someday be like the heavenly man.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! 52 It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed. 53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:“Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is your victory?O death, where is your sting?”

56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.  NLT

No,we do not become angels,angels are angels & man is man                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

I have thought about this teaching in the past, and here is my opinion  The Bible, when discussion marriage, tells us we neither marry or are given in marriage in heaven, but are as the angels.  I think people have twisted that to mean we become angels.  Angels are a separate creation from mankind, and we will not literally become angels in heaven. 

Yes I believe we will be like angels only in that there will be " no male or female"

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I find it hard to believe that a person of your knowledge of the Bible would use a short sentence fragment to say something so out of context......   i'm disappointed.....

Not out of context at all. Your insults in ignorance only give me more opportunity to teach others on this subject.

The word 'angel' simply means 'a messenger'. It is not the same thing as a heavenly cherub (like Satan). But even Satan is called an angel in God's Word.

The word angel is pointing to the Heavenly state, not flesh. Likewise Apostle Paul pointed to the Heavenly state with the idea of the "spiritual body" in 1 Cor.15. He did so again in 2 Cor.5 that if our flesh body were dissolved, we also have a house not made with hands, but eternal in the heavens. Even in 2 Cor.12 he said he didn't know if that one was out of the body (flesh), or still in the body (flesh), which shows he well understood how God created us with a flesh body, and a spirit inside with our soul (personality).

In Eccl.12:5-7, we shown what happens at flesh death. Our flesh body goes back to the elements of earthly matter, where it came from, but our spirit goes back to God Who gave it. Mentioned there is the "silver cord" that is parted at flesh death, which is put for something that keeps our flesh body and spirit together while we are alive here on earth.

In later Scripture like Matt.10:28, our Lord Jesus foretold us to not fear those who can kill our flesh body, but not our 'soul', but fear Him Who can destroy both body and soul in hell (lake of fire). That second body mention is the "spiritual body" Paul taught, the "image of the heavenly". We have 3 parts to our existence on earth, flesh body, spirit, soul. When the "silver cord" is separated at flesh death, our spirit with soul continues to God.

1 Cor.15:49-50

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That "image of the heavenly" Apostle Paul mentioned is... the state of the angels.

How many have missed this following Scripture, especially verse 10 below?

Rev.19:6-10

And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

And he saith unto me, "Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb." And he saith unto me, "These are the true sayings of God."

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, "See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Apostle John started to bow in worship at the feet of that angel, and the angel said don't do it. But that underlined part is what's most revealing, with "I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus." Wow! Just what brethren of John's would that be? Who all are called 'brethren' in Christ's Church per God's Word?

So the word 'angel' in God's Word does not merely mean some specially created heavenly creature that dwells in Heaven, but a cherub is, or the zoon creatures around God's throne that He specifically created as guards. But that word angel can and is also used to point to heavenly created beings like Satan who is a 'cherub'.

This is why we in Christ Jesus are also called "sons of God", because it means in the Heavenly when He comes our spiritual body will be revealed like the heavenly state of the angels, our spirit already having put on Christ today and given that per His promise. Note the angels that rebelled in Noah's day, and per the Book of Job, were also called "sons of God". It's because that is pointing to the heavenly state of the angelic, the spiritual body, which is the "image of the heavenly" that Apostle Paul taught.