• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oakwood

I really liked it when he addresses the person practicing homosexuality & he says,,,,,,"what you do behind closed doors is your business,but when you brought God into it you made it our business"...................so true,every God fearing man & woman should stand up for what is good & what is right.....for what is approved & acceptable by Almighty God                                                                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

During the early to latter 70s, Elton John was an extremely popular British pop-star... He was a tremendously talented piano player, and his early top 40 hits were a word-wide phenomena. What began his rise to stardom, was a fortunate meeting and endearing friendship with Bernie Taupin, a poet. Elton John, whose real name was Reginald Dwight, and Taupin merged their skills together and created hit after hit, for many years... His numerous flashy glasses and flamboyant costumes were part of his stage antics and persona. He was part of the Glam Rock scene, so prevalent at that time. But when that sort of style of extremist entertainment began to diminish, Elton continued on, much like that of Liberace, who was much older and yet quite popular, until his untimely demise from HIV, called AIDS in the latter 80s.

Both Elton and Liberace were of questionable sexual confusion, early on in each other's careers. Liberace even sued the British tabloids, in the mid 50s, for allegations... And was awarded approximately 4 million dollars, for defamation and slanderous statements. Elton John however, admitted to bisexual tendencies. He was married to a woman for several years. Not long after that marriage dissolved, he fully disclosed openly to being homosexual. That didn't really shock me... There had been suggestive digs about his secretive lifestyle for some years, in his English homeland. What did trouble me, were the lyrics about Christ as mythical in several of his songs. Sure, Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics, but if Elton was opposed to them, he would have confronted his best friend and musical partner about them. He didn't of course, and the songs were hits, none the less. When Elton made Atlanta, Georgia his main home, still maintaining his British citizenship and knighthood, he "married" his lifetime soul-mate, an American. It's an understatement to say I was disappointed in him.

And I was further disappointed in his re-arraignment of an early hit about Marilyn Monroe, into a poorly produced and awkwardly worded song for the funeral mass of Princess Diana, titled: Goodbye English Rose. He literally cashed-in on that, and it sold multi-millions for him. I believe it became a so-called best seller ever. His friendship with Princess Di was well known. Her tragic death was mourned globally... She was loved by all. And Elton performed this remake, without the slightest waver in his voice, while the whole world wept. Then I was down-right ashamed of him, for being the opportunist that he was and is. I'm certain some may disagree and say that it was beautiful song. But I find no similarity in a star from Hollywood, to the regal royalty of Princess Diana... Aside the fact, they both died tragically, and the last years of each were also tragic. I thought Elton John's clumsy attempt to be a travesty and lack of respect, by comparing the two in the this manner. To me, it was like watching any other performance by just another well-known has been, with no emotion or appearance of sadness what so ever. I have no further comments to say. David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I am not a fan of his, nor of homosexuality......    but he did donate all the royalties of that song to the organizations that Lady Di had set up to help children.  He did not as you say "Cash in" on her death.....    but funded what Diana was so involved in helping children.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Don't mind me, other one... The thought of having to listen to Crocodile Rock, Benny And The Jets, and Rocket Man makes me nauseous! Not to mention the remainder of all top 40 hits. How nice of Elton John to donate all his royalties from Goodbye English Rose to the charitable organizations for children, that Princess Diana was involved with. And because the record company he's under contract with is in the United States, royalties from that release equals less than one percent, to 8 percent of their total net worth. Variables tend to fluctuate according to investments in any particular recording company. That means his donations were a tax write off and he was credited for it. He was living in the United States at the time of Princes Diana's death.

I'm no fan of Elton John either. Neither do I approve of the homosexual lifestyle. I don't recall indicating any approval of his lifestyle in my post. I was unable to sleep last night (again) due to the side-effects of the medication I've been on for the past several months, which isn't Ritalin, Adderall, or any other stimulant. I only wrote a simple commentary. I could have posted something more spiritually oriented. But I don't think that Elton's good deeds will earn him any 'brownie points' in Heaven... Nor do I expect he'll be spending any of his eternity there. If my posts are indicative of too much rambling banal and insipid banter, perhaps I should not post at all. After a month's leave due to health concerns, I shouldn't be pounced upon my second day back, with apparent frivolous miscalculated trivialities. 

God bless you,

Shalom   

David/BeauJangles 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  575
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  9

You see I am an Elton John Fan. I see him as a guy in need of the Savior! Let's pray for him?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

You see I am an Elton John Fan. I see him as a guy in need of the Savior! Let's pray for him?

Good songwriter - I'll give him that.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Beau....

Relax & get some rest,,,,,,to suggest you should not post at all is ridiculous,I liked your post & I would agree that Elton got a tremendous tax write off with that one....I do not have any way of knowing if his intentions were about the money but in I would not put it past him either......You are always going to get different opinions in response to anything & everything,,,,,,nobody has pounced on you,especially other one.....he simply disagrees,no offense intended.I know he is perfectly capable of speaking for himself but I do not want to see you take his innocent comment as a personal assault......it is not his way

You just keep on posting,share your views and be Blessed                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

BeauJangles.... I am with you on the nauseous 3 song list.  Matter of fact, I never really cared for any of the fellows songs.  You did offer some interesting tid bits about him that I did not know.  Thanks for that.  And receive Kwikphilly's suggestion with kind understanding, I agree with her.  You are valued here just as much as anyone.  I know you to be sincere.  Keep posting if you are up to it. We will pray for your recovery to be swift.  GBU