Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

See if this article meets your needs. It has 4 parts, which are linked at the top of the article. The author is a very learned teacher, but be sure to check the scriptures to see if what they say agree with what the author teaches.

He said this...

First of all, let’s get some kind of time frame settled. Ezekiel’s prophecies are chronological. Falling between the prophecies of Israel’s modern re-birth (Ezekiel 36-37) and the Millennium (Ezekiel 40-48), the battle of Ezekiel 38-39 has to take place during a time of peace after 1948 but before the 2nd coming, and all agree it hasn’t happened yet. This has led some to see the passage as a description of Armageddon, but as we’ll see there are many prominent nations missing from this battle whereas Zechariah 14:2 prophecies that every nation will join the battle of Armageddon. That being the case, the time frame narrows to sometime between 1948 and the beginning of the Great Tribulation, after which no place in the world will be at peace, especially Israel.

Spock: I already knew this and this by itself is not conclusive enough for me. I need a bigger punch than this jab. Sorry. Thanks for trying though.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Ok Im not up to date on this as most here. I have read the post and have a couple questions.

Marilyn said the temple was built and had marble. Solomons temple was inlaid with juniper and cedar then that was overlaid with gold. Why would they make the parts of marble instead of the above description?

Also while looking around I found another article that is increasing my confusion

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/qna/restoredtemple.html

can anyone help me see the light

That article has a strange whiff of 'replacement theology'to me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Ok Im not up to date on this as most here. I have read the post and have a couple questions.

Marilyn said the temple was built and had marble. Solomons temple was inlaid with juniper and cedar then that was overlaid with gold. Why would they make the parts of marble instead of the above description?

Also while looking around I found another article that is increasing my confusion

thanks that is what I need to know.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

thanks that is what I need to know.

BTW I think that Solomon's Temple may have been on the site of the Dome of the Rock and not on 'God's spot', so the Third Temple would have nothing in common with it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi inchrist,

I learn so much when I read some of your posts. I have downloaded your comments on the 2 Greek words. Thank you very much. That is the joy of sharing with each other of what the Holy Spirit has/is revealing to us.

Now you did ask Oakwood `What grounds do you assume he (A/C) will come in peace in the first place?`  Well I think this explains -

`And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; & he shall magnify himself in his heart, & BY PEACE shall destroy many;....` Dan. 8: 25.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hi inchrist,

I learn so much when I read some of your posts. I have downloaded your comments on the 2 Greek words. Thank you very much. That is the joy of sharing with each other of what the Holy Spirit has/is revealing to us.

Now you did ask Oakwood `What grounds do you assume he (A/C) will come in peace in the first place?`  Well I think this explains -

`And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; & he shall magnify himself in his heart, & BY PEACE shall destroy many;....` Dan. 8: 25.

He's a Mason????

See if this article meets your needs. It has 4 parts, which are linked at the top of the article. The author is a very learned teacher, but be sure to check the scriptures to see if what they say agree with what the author teaches.

He said this...

First of all, let’s get some kind of time frame settled. Ezekiel’s prophecies are chronological. Falling between the prophecies of Israel’s modern re-birth (Ezekiel 36-37) and the Millennium (Ezekiel 40-48), the battle of Ezekiel 38-39 has to take place during a time of peace after 1948 but before the 2nd coming, and all agree it hasn’t happened yet. This has led some to see the passage as a description of Armageddon, but as we’ll see there are many prominent nations missing from this battle whereas Zechariah 14:2 prophecies that every nation will join the battle of Armageddon. That being the case, the time frame narrows to sometime between 1948 and the beginning of the Great Tribulation, after which no place in the world will be at peace, especially Israel.

Spock: I already knew this and this by itself is not conclusive enough for me. I need a bigger punch than this jab. Sorry. Thanks for trying though.

Did you read all 4 parts? How much more accurate do you need? The complete article almost gives you a time for the Rapture and the timing of the events to folow. Seems like you are looking for a date & time, of which Scripture says know one can know but the Father. Anyone can figure out when the Lord will return at the end of the Tribultion since an exact number of days is given, but until Psalm 83 and Isaiah 17 happen, no one can pin down the date for Ezeliel 38-39. You can also download and read the short "book" titled "7 Things You Have to Know About End Times Prophecy' if you want to. It's free and a quick read.

I was expecting this brilliant argument showing me WHEN the Ezekiel 38 war will take place, but I didn't get that. All I got pretty much is what you said, in which I already agreed, this makes sense. But I want more than common sense, I want God's word to convince.

Before we get to your answer, I need to find out from you rather than viewing Gog and the anti-Christ as two military leaders acting against Israel separately, might we not recognize them as being one and the same person? Further Ill show you scriptualy that it starts in the middle of the Tribulation.

To start with for an invasion to take place we need to also understand the conditions of the right time to take on Israel with concerning Ezekiel 38 in our modern world.

Ezekiel 38:11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land  of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, 

Original Hebrew text 

Unwalled Villages = perazah

Def of Perazah
open region, hamlet, unwalled village, open country

Now there's something very interesting and that’s the phrase open region and open country. An open region is a region without its boundary or borders, in fact without borders its an open country right?

This is exactly what Israel is today, have a look at this:
Israel's borders with Egypt and Jordan have now been formally recognized and confirmed as part of the peace treaties with those countries, and with Lebanon as part of the 1949 Armistice Agreements.

However the borders with Syria and the Palestinian territories are still in dispute. Israel's borders with the West Bank and Gaza Strip are currently the Green Line, except in East Jerusalem, and the ceasefire line with Syria runs along the UN-monitored boundary between the Golan Heights and Syrian controlled territory.

In other words Israels ” borders” between Syria and Palestinian territories are open regions, its open territory, open country , "unwalled Villages" 

Rest = shaqat

Another term for rest is to be settled, The Jews currently are settled in Israel, They are at PEACE or REST in Israel as opposed to being persecuted for generations in other countries, They are at rest because they are not being displaced from one country to the next, They are settled.

Safely = betach

properly a place of refuge; abstractly safety, both the fact (security) and the feeling (trust); often (adverbially with or without preposition) safely:—assurance, boldly, (without) care (-less), confidence, hope, safe (-ly, -ty), secure, surely.

One can say Israel is living in Safety and Security today, there is a feeling of hope and trust that Israel can defend itself, there is high degree of confidence Israel can defend itself against an invasion and rocket attacks.  They have shown that they can defend themselves over and over again.

So far Israel meets the conditions for Ezekiel 38:11 to be fulfilled for an invasion.

Israel in no way lives in peace in "unwalled cities." They are being threatened on every border, from Lebanon and Syria, Hamas and the PA, the muslim brotherhood and islamists in Eqypt and Jordan, not to mention Iran. Turkey is even turning against them. Troops are deployed everywhere, the Iron Dome missle defence system and other defence systems are deployed throughout the nation. They do not feel safe in any way with the threat of destruction and annihalation coming from throught the world. Would you feel safe with missiles coming into your country every day and having to run to bomb shelters every day. Come on! Wake up.

Inchrist,

You have my COMPLETE attention. Your last post was awesome. I never considered that and am not sure what to think, but I'm listening and want more.

If you are saying the Ezekiel war occurs immediately BEFORE the abomination of desolation, that makes much more sense to me than saying it occurs at the end of the great tribulation.

Or are you saying it begins before the commencement of Daniels 70th week?

Keep going.

Spock with big eyes

Parker1,

I did read the article you cited. Jack Kelly says the MAIN reason he does not believe Ezekiel 38 is Armageddon is because the latter has ALL the nations lined up against Israel and this is not the case in Ezekiel, where there are a limited number of nations coming against Israel.

Rev 16:14 does say...

14They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

However, as previously cited by me, maybe whole world here means whole known world pretty much limited to Middle East.

Like I said, I'm not sure this is enough for me.

However....

Like you, I'm skeptical the conditions can be met in the great tribulation- Israel feeling at peace and safety. I do not know how this can be AFTER the abomination of desolation.

In addition, Ezekiel makes it clear that these nations attempting to invade Israel are coming to plunder and loot their natural resources. That is not the case in Armageddon.

So, as of now, I'm still uncertain about the timing of the Ezekiel War if you can call it a war. It does make sense to me that this victory by God can be used by satan to usher in the antichrist and peace in Israel so that they can rebuild their temple and re institute their sacrifices.

I'm waiting for inchrist to persuade me otherwise.