IGNORED

Have you ever asked Jesus to "not come right now"?

1x1is1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

2Pe 3:9-10
(9)  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
(10)  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

when that day comes, there will be nothing here that we want to hang around for :)

remember that God loves your brother-in-law more than you do!  you don't need to plead with God on his behalf, but rather to plead with him on God's behalf - but only as God leads you to

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think I'd put it in terms of pleading...  Just a simple thought or ask.    We talk a lot these days and mull over a lot every day.  The OP just asks if we ever ask the Father to wait.  I had to answer yes for in our daily discussions I had done so.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Some days, when I see the suffering of people in this world, particularly children, I beg for him to return. Other times, being selfish and worldly and not truly understanding what heaven is like, hope that my children have a chance to grow up, get married, have babies etc. But I know that neither my begging or hoping makes a difference. The time is set by the Lord. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

There was a time when I wasn't spiritually right with Him, and in that time I was afraid of Him coming back early, but I don't think I ever liked the world so much that I wished Him delaying His return. And at this present time I wish for His will to be done on Earth as it is in heaven., I go with His flow. And that's my story...

Guest Jesse

Yes indeed I am aware and thankful that Jesus is always with me.  What I intended to say was when Jesus comes for us, not that He is not always with us.  I should have mentioned...... asking Him to delay the rapture or even our time of death to satisfy a desire. 

Cog.

Those are them that call the book of revelation the book of doom and gloom.

But for true believers that book is a book of rejoicing;  for the Lord is coming soon.

Guest Jesse

Ooooh. "Please hold off on the rapture until after this years superbowl."

Maybe that is why he hasn't come yet? You guys need to quit praying for that. lol

Hi Otherone.

What do you mean by saved?

Are we not saved only after we have crossed the turbulent waters; and have reached dry ground? 

When one is baptised with water; that is the beginning of a long journey.

He entered that door;and behind that door is a long narrow path to righteousness.

He must follow that path to the end;and his reward is waiting.

He can not claim anything, untill he has made it to the finish line.

Many have fallen away from that narrow path; some just on, and off that path.

Some taken by the world and all her beautiful material temptations.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Some days, when I see the suffering of people in this world, particularly children, I beg for him to return. Other times, being selfish and worldly and not truly understanding what heaven is like, hope that my children have a chance to grow up, get married, have babies etc. But I know that neither my begging or hoping makes a difference. The time is set by the Lord. 

Welcome to Worthy megan82 and thanks for your honest answer.  I suspected that there were a lot of us in here that have had selfish requests.  I thought that it would be interesting to hear some of the particular reasons others give. I suppose wanting to see our children have children is part of occupying this world until He returns.

I don't necessarily complain each day that the Lord does not come, nor would I complain if He chose to come in the middle of special event that I was at. Of course I continue to look up and wait as commanded.  :mgbowtie:

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/09/1982

Guilty lol!

I have the same thought .. Thinking that I haven't done all the stuff that He wants me to..

I go like Lord... Not now please..

Still a work in progress:)

Blessings!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I personally have not asked Jesus not to come right now. It never even crossed my mind for things like BBQ or Super Bowl. When he came, we will have much better things. We can probably understand this better if we think of a child who asked for Jesus not to come before this Sunday because his parents were going to take him to McDonalds where he could have chicken McNuggets and play in the play house. When Jesus comes, he will give the child things much better than chicken McNuggets and the play house. "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him." (1Cor 2:9 NIV)

As for us not being in the best condition, his grace is sufficient to cover our shortcomings.

The only reason that I have heard that makes sense to me was when I was in my youth, some of my youth group brothers and sisters said they were a little concerned if Jesus came right then because their parents had not received Christ. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

No, I can't say that I've asked Him not to come now or soon. This world has very little appeal to me when compared with being with Him face-to-face.