Last Daze

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Because of not understanding this some can't believe the "spirits in prison" Apostle Peter taught are actually about people that died, but instead are something else. But if some folks want to believe in a fairy tale, I guess that's alright, but it won't change what God's Word has declared about it.

The spirit's in prison are the fallen angels from Genesis before the flood.  The ones that mingled with flesh and produced children.

It might seem like a fairy tale story to you, but to me, it's the biggest clue as to who these spirits in prison are;

Genesis 6:1   And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them.

Genesis 6:2   That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that were fair; and they took them wives of all which they choose.

Genesis 6:4   There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Genesis 6:5   And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly.

2Peter 2:4   For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgement.

2Peter 2:5   And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood up the world of the ungodly.

Jude 1:6   and the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under  darkness unto the judgement of the great day.

Jude 1:7   Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

1Peter 3:19   By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

1Peter 3:20   Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Can you see these scriptures are all talking about the same thing?

The angels in the beginning mingled sexually with humans.  These angels were put into prison.

In Sodom and Gomorah, humans fornicated also, we know about the homosexuals there, but they also went after strange flesh also.  This means that humans had sex with beasts, and possibly again with spirits.

I have heard that in the occult, humans having sex with spirits is not uncommon.

There is a famous singer out there now telling her story that it has happened to her many times, and she is endorsing this practise.

The angels before the flood are the ones put in prison, but what happened to their offspring?  All were killed in the flood, but after the flood there were giants again. This is a no no in the spirit world, as they have rules.  If they overstep the boundaries, then they are locked up, or else it will become like it was before the flood with giants again.

To say these spirits that Jesus preached to is dead men's ghosts, would be getting the scriptures mixed up.  Peter does not say that at all.  He says they are spirits.

The Gen.6, Jude 1, 2 Pet.2 Scriptures are related to the fallen angels that mated with flesh daughters of men. But that's not the same subject of 1 Pet.3 & 4.

1 Pet.4

Who shall give account to Him That is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Isa.42

I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

When The Gospel is preached to someone it is preached unto Salvation, not unto condemnation.

Neither will men's doctrines of what 'spirits' are supposed be work, because Eccl.12:5-7 made it clear that our spirit goes back to God at flesh death, and is not... literally in a grave out in the backyard somewhere. The dead in the ground theory comes from not understanding what our Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul revealed regarding our makeup that God created us with, showing that we put off these flesh bodies at death, or at the change at Christ's coming, and do not need them anymore. It's a shame how many still like to believe in falseness like reincarnation though, and many of the unbelieving Jews believed that false doctrine, and still do today.

1 Cor.15

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Salty

I see you understand about those angels in genesis.  We agree there.

But I'm not sure where you are going with this?

I say, the spirit/soul is attached to the body.  When the body dies, the spirit/soul of a man is dead also.  You showed scripture saying that when a man dies his spirit goes back to God.  I agree, for his spirit does not go to Satan or any other to do what they want with it, it goes back to God who gave it in the first place, meaning he is in charge of it, he owns it...... but it doesn't mean that his spirit/soul is taken straight up to heaven iether. I say it's in rest mode. Preserved by God.

Our spirit contains all our works.  Who we were, who we served during our lifetime, everything we done will be accounted for, did we repent? etc. All that information is kept by God.  He doesn't need or spirit/souls with him to know this.  He has appointed a time when that soul will be judged, whether to salvation or for the lake of fire.

Our spirit/soul can only perform good or bad when the spirit of life was breathed into us when we were born and lived.  After death, it doesn't perform.  It doesn't do good or evil. 

Ecclesiastes 9:4   For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Ecclesiastes 9:5   Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, isnow perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

We must realise that when we are dead we know nothing, there is no "time" ticking for us in the grave.  To the dead, death would seem like a blink of an eye, when they are woken to be judged, they wont know that time has passed.

So what are you saying?  That the dead souls of the believers are in heaven?  What then are they doing?  Are they all talking amongst each other?  Are they looking down? Can you expand?

My words in Green

But I'm not sure where you are going with this?

I say, the spirit/soul is attached to the body.  When the body dies, the spirit/soul of a man is dead also....

In Matt.10:28 our Lord Jesus told us to not fear those who kill our body (flesh) and not our "soul". Eccl.12:5-7 reveals a "silver cord" is parted at flesh death with our spirit going back to God, and our flesh going back to the earthy elements where it came from.

How is it then, that you don't understand the flesh body is not the 'real' us, and that it can die independently of our soul/spirit? Our spirit with soul is the 'real' us. It does not need a flesh shell, for that flesh shell is just for this present world. This is why Apostle Paul in 1 Cor.15:50 said flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, neither can corruption inherit incorruption. The flesh body is a body of corruption, it will never be made immortal. Why? Because it requires a spirit with soul to animate it, and when that has left it, the flesh breaks back down to the earthly matter where it originated. Belief that we will have new fleshy bodies goes directly against what Paul taught in 1 Cor.15 about the "spiritual body" and "image of the heavenly."

If you rely mostly on the Old Testament Books, you won't get the update details on this which were given in the New Testament Books, 1 Corinthians 15 being one of the primary updates on detail of what happens at death and the resurrection.

Our spirit contains all our works.  Who we were, who we served during our lifetime, everything we done will be accounted for, did we repent? etc. All that information is kept by God.  He doesn't need or spirit/souls with him to know this....

There is one death for our flesh, and then there is another death for our spirit/soul. That is because that which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of Spirit is spirit. The death of one's spirit/soul is called the "second death" in God's Word. Rightly so, because flesh death is over at Christ's coming, only the "second death" for the spirit/soul remains for after the thousand years.

Ecclesiastes 9:4   For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Ecclesiastes 9:5   Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, isnow perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

That Eccl.9 Scripture has been grossly misunderstood and applied by those who created in the 'dead in the ground' theory. You claim to have understood Eccl.12:5-7, but then go backwards with relying on that Eccl.9 Scripture.

If you note the context of Ecc.9 carefully, you will see that the "dead" it is actually pointing to are those who will not resurrect, perished forever no more memory of them, no crown promised (reward), and will never, ever have anything more to do under the sun (put for the living on earth by those who inherit it). Try to apply those meanings to the saints and you should quickly realize it won't work. That's just another one of those Scriptures the doctors of confusion use to push their ideas against Christ's death and Resurrection. They don't want this flesh world to end, because they are in danger of ending with it. Yet they also will appear in their spiritual body to bow to Christ Jesus during His thousand years reign.

In some OT Scriptures in the KJV Bible, the word "dead" was mistranslated, when it is Rephaim in the Hebrew, a word used in OT history to describe the giants of Gen.6. We're shown those will have no resurrection, so those truly are "the dead", and that's who those are that Eccl.9 is actually talking about, those truly dead that will have no more to do under the son, the memory of them forgotten, no reward, etc.

So what are you saying?  That the dead souls of the believers are in heaven?  What then are they doing?  Are they all talking amongst each other?  Are they looking down? Can you expand?

If you want to understand more, see what Apostle Paul taught in 2 Corinthians 5 on the matter. I'm not going to argue with you, since you obviously don't understand the difference between this world and the one to come.

Sister.

Yes,Jesus went down to preach to angels that are imprisoned during the flood. 

They are the spiritually dead angels. (The quick and the dead). They also will be judged according to men of the flesh.

They are living according the spirit,not flesh.This is speaking of those angels in prison.2 Pet 2:4.

1 Pet.4

5 Who shall give account to Him That is ready to judge the quick and the dead.(speaking of Jesus).

6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

jesse.

If you want to understand more, see what Apostle Paul taught in 2 Corinthians 5 on the matter. I'm not going to argue with you, since you obviously don't understand the difference between this world and the one to come.

Hi Salty,

I have bought up some very good points. We are all searching for truth here, and must be paitient with each other with brotherly tenderness.

Again, was Jesus resurrected from earth or heaven?

Was his spirit taken up to heaven at his death,

then whisked back down 3 days later to join with his body when resurrected?

Were his bones left behind?  Are they separate?

or was his whole body, soul and spirit quickened together?

If the body is separated from the spirit, then why this scripture?;

1 Thessalonians 5:23   And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hi Salty,

I have bought up some very good points. We are all searching for truth here, and must be paitient with each other with brotherly tenderness.

Again, was Jesus resurrected from earth or heaven?

Was his spirit taken up to heaven at his death,

then whisked back down 3 days later to join with his body when resurrected?

Were his bones left behind?  Are they separate?

or was his whole body, soul and spirit quickened together?

If the body is separated from the spirit, then why this scripture?;

1 Thessalonians 5:23   And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Our Lord Jesus' flesh body was transfigured. His transfigured body is not the same kind of body His flesh body was, or do you not remember how He appeared out of nowhere after His resurrection in a closed room right in the midst of His disciples? Flesh bodies can't do that. Even though His transfigured body kept the marks of His wounds on the cross, for remembrance for all time, His resurrected body is now of the Heavenly dimension order, which is the kind of body that can appear and disappear suddenly on earth, eat man's food, etc.

Per Luke 16, when Lazarus and the rich man died, their bodies were buried, but their spirit went to Paradise, one on one side of the great fixed gulf, and the other on the other side called hell.

Like Paul said in 2 Cor.5, to be absent from the body is to be present with The Lord. That doesn't mean at His throne. It does mean in the heavenly dimension though, because that's where Paradise is. Even with the malefactor who believed on Jesus during the crucifixion, Jesus said he would be with Him in Paradise that day. So Paradise is where those who die go to during this present world age.

What will occur with us is not the same thing that happened with our Lord Jesus' flesh body being transfigured to the heavenly. At the last trump, on the day of Christ's return, we will simply cast off our flesh bodies, no longer needing them. This is why Apostle Paul said flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. It's because God's Kingdom is of the heavenly order of things, not the flesh order.

Study Gen.18-19 closely. The "three men" that appeared at Abraham's tent door were the two angels sent to Lot, and the other was our Lord Jesus. Abraham fed them, and while the two angels were sent to Lot, Abraham stood speaking with Jesus about not destroying everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah if righteous ones could be found there.

What does that show about the heavenly image body being on earth? Do you think they had to put on a flesh body in order to appear on earth with the image of man? It sounds like Hollywood stories about ghosts and goblins has influenced your mind. Forget all that junk, for that's all it is, dreamt up stories that prey upon people's Biblical ignorance about these things.

Our Lord Jesus' flesh body was transfigured. His transfigured body is not the same kind of body His flesh body was, or do you not remember how He appeared out of nowhere after His resurrection in a closed room right in the midst of His disciples? Flesh bodies can't do that. Even though His transfigured body kept the marks of His wounds on the cross, for remembrance for all time, His resurrected body is now of the Heavenly dimension order, which is the kind of body that can appear and disappear suddenly on earth, eat man's food, etc.

Hi Salty,

I know all that.

When Christ was raised, he was given a spiritual body.  Spiritual bodies can transform into flesh at will.  Like you said, angels can do the same thing.  So no argument from me on this one.

Like you stated, our spirit goes back God.  You said it does not stay in the grave, but goes up to heaven.

I'm saying, our spirit/soul is connected to our bodies. 

When the body dies, the spirit/soul is dornmant.  Not doing anything, because the life is gone out of us, but not forever, it will be given "life again" at the resurrection.

When our change comes at the resurrection, it's the whole lot that changes, body, soul and spirit.  Our bodies will be perfect, never to die again, and our spirit will be perfected also. 

What I was showing you was that Christ's body changed.

The same will happen to us, our bodies will change to spiritual bodies. 

Just because we die, and our spirit is not active in the grave, nor in heaven, does not mean that our bond with God is broken.  Nothing can break that bond,

and death is nothing to be scared of, because time stops when we are in the grave,

It will just seem like we have blinked our eyes, or nodded off, when the resurrection comes.  We won't know we have been dead.

Knowing this comforts me,

you just have to look at it logically,

and we will get to heaven at the appointed time.

So our spirit does go back to God, but just not straight away.

Per Luke 16, when Lazarus and the rich man died, their bodies were buried, but their spirit went to Paradise, one on one side of the great fixed gulf, and the other on the other side called hell.

Like Paul said in 2 Cor.5, to be absent from the body is to be present with The Lord. That doesn't mean at His throne. It does mean in the heavenly dimension though, because that's where Paradise is. Even with the malefactor who believed on Jesus during the crucifixion, Jesus said he would be with Him in Paradise that day. So Paradise is where those who die go to during this present world age.

What will occur with us is not the same thing that happened with our Lord Jesus' flesh body being transfigured to the heavenly. At the last trump, on the day of Christ's return, we will simply cast off our flesh bodies, no longer needing them. This is why Apostle Paul said flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. It's because God's Kingdom is of the heavenly order of things, not the flesh order.

Study Gen.18-19 closely. The "three men" that appeared at Abraham's tent door were the two angels sent to Lot, and the other was our Lord Jesus. Abraham fed them, and while the two angels were sent to Lot, Abraham stood speaking with Jesus about not destroying everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah if righteous ones could be found there.

What does that show about the heavenly image body being on earth? Do you think they had to put on a flesh body in order to appear on earth with the image of man? It sounds like Hollywood stories about ghosts and goblins has influenced your mind. Forget all that junk, for that's all it is, dreamt up stories that prey upon people's Biblical ignorance about these things.

This is just a metaphor.  A parable.

Jesus was giving us an example, that once the door is shut, and you're locked out, you can't come in,

and those who were living for themselves in luxery had their good things,

while others missed out.

It will be the opposite when the kingdom is here,

as the ungodfearing, (survivors) will know exactly what they are missing out on, inside the kingdm (1000 year reign) it will be so beautiful we cannot imagine,

and outside, it will not be so nice.

and they can't come in.

The tables will be turned.

Christ just used Lazarus as an example, and now a whole doctrine has been made out of it.

2 Corinthians 5:1   For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

If we die, we have something to look forward to.  There's a building waiting for us, God's kingdom.  Paul knows he's going there.  It doesn't mean he goes there straight away, but he's going there no doubt.

But when Paul dies, and opens up his eyes, at his resurrection, who will be the first thing he will see?  Christ of course.

I'm sure heaven is really beautiful, I cannot even imagine how great, but this paradise will be here.  The kingdom on earth situated in Jerusalem will be a paradise. 

Isaiah 51:3   For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

When Christ comes, he will resture Jerusalem.  It will be like paradise again.  Peaceful, bountiful, safe.  Like it was in the beginning.

Animals not hunting or killing

Isaiah 11:7   And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Isaiah 65:25   The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 11:8   And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

People eating the fruit they have planted (not buying from shops anymore)

Isaiah 65:21   And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

People will live a ripe old age (not dying from sickness, or accidents, or murdered)

Isaiah 65:22   They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Isaiah 65:20   There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Zechariah 8:4   Thus saith the LORD of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age.

Children playing safely and in the streets like they should (not on computers)

Zechariah 8:5   And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.

It will be marvellous

Zechariah 8:6   Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts.

This is paradise, and has to be fulfilled and witnessed for a thousand years,  (Holy Jerusalem) before the earth is melted, and renewed.  That would be a different type of paradise, the 2nd dominion.