IGNORED

What comes around goes around

tigger398

Guest shiloh357

No rewards you say? So then whats up with all that in the bible? You know about a crown, and a white robe, sharing Christs throne, eternal life with so much peace and joy that we cant even contain it in this fleshly form, and what Jesus said about going to prepare a place for us which means never ever being homeless, and we get a new name from God, even a new spiritual body, and what about all the places where it says Jesus will give us according to our works I.e. rev. 2:23, and also matt 6:20 where it says to store up treasure in heaven and not on earth. God is an excellet record keeper too. Nothing will be left unaccounted for.

and my favorite one on rewards: isaiah 61:7

She didn't say that there are no rewards.   Her point is that we are not rewarded, here in this life.

Guest shiloh357

Karma is not "rewards program."   Karma is a imperfect system of justice wherein you accumulate "karmic debt" when you do evil.   That debt must be offset by good deeds.  Once all of your karmic debt has been paid off through good deeds, one enters "nirvana."  

The problem is that Karma while being a system of justice, doesn't tell you what exactly constitutes 'good deeds.'  That isn't defined by Karma.  Secondly, no one actually knows how much karmic debt they have accumulated and since they don't what karma sees as "good" there is no way to know if what one considers a "good deed" is actually paying off any of that debt.  

Often we perform good deeds to help the poor, but if that poor person is in the shape they're in because of bad karma, to help that person out of poverty is to interfere with karmic justice  and to do that, means that one accumulates the additional karmic debt of the person they were trying to help.

So if you don't do the good you should, you inherit karmic debt.  If you do the good you should do, and you are interfering with another person's karmic punishment, you inherit more karmic debt.  

Most people tend to have a very shallow of view of just what karma is and how it works.  I prefer the perfect system of justice given to us the Bible and I am grateful that Jesus paid for my sin and I am debt free.  I don't struggle under the weight of having to pay for my sin.   Jesus paid it all.  Way better than karma.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

As a Christian, we do not do 'good deeds' so that we can get some too.

God doesn't have some big cosmic scales wherein He balances things by what people do.  That, is a totally unbiblical concept.

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."  

Matthew 6: 1-4