IGNORED

Isaiah 47: is America this present age's Babylon?

*Zion*

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  262
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Salty,

Concerning Babylon being rebuilt. Just watch that space as it gathers momentum in the next few years. What do you think the ISIS will do? Return Babylon to its former glory. When the next leader of the ISIS comes & works with the west then Babylon can be open for business - the tourist trade. But we`ll just watch & see for things are moving quickly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

Salty

Has it ever occurred to you why God ONLY mentions egypt and sodom? And never Babylon?

Has it ever occurred to you that history of the decline of babylon shows the destruction of literal babylon has not been fulfilled? I'm still waiting for your answer on this.

If you're speaking of geographical Babylon not having been destroyed yet, then you'd be going backwards in history.

Here's a test for you in our near future: - wait and see where the symbolic king of Babylon for the end will be setup, geographical Babylon in modern day Iraq, or in Jerusalem as spiritual Babylon. If we see the coming Antichrist, which will be the symbolic 'king of Babylon' for the end, sets himself up in a temple in geographical Babylon instead of Jerusalem, then I will agree with you.

But I'm sure I don't have to be concerned about agreeing with you, because all The Scriptures point to the coming pseudo-Christ, the Antichrist, the man of sin, the son of perdition, "that Wicked", the "little horn", the "vile person", to... Jerusalem to set himself up in place of God The Son, The Messiah.

Salty, I sure have to agree with you here, for you are RIGHT ON! There is only one city on earth that the Antichrist will be interested in, and that will be JERUSALEM, the very city Jesus will return to.

LAMAD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Salty

Has it ever occurred to you why God ONLY mentions egypt and sodom? And never Babylon?

Has it ever occurred to you that history of the decline of babylon shows the destruction of literal babylon has not been fulfilled? I'm still waiting for your answer on this.

If you're speaking of geographical Babylon not having been destroyed yet, then you'd be going backwards in history.

Here's a test for you in our near future: - wait and see where the symbolic king of Babylon for the end will be setup, geographical Babylon in modern day Iraq, or in Jerusalem as spiritual Babylon. If we see the coming Antichrist, which will be the symbolic 'king of Babylon' for the end, sets himself up in a temple in geographical Babylon instead of Jerusalem, then I will agree with you.

But I'm sure I don't have to be concerned about agreeing with you, because all The Scriptures point to the coming pseudo-Christ, the Antichrist, the man of sin, the son of perdition, "that Wicked", the "little horn", the "vile person", to... Jerusalem to set himself up in place of God The Son, The Messiah.

I'm afraid I will never understand the fetish so many Americans have with their attempts to shoe-horn the United States into scripture.  Case in point is the lead question about Babylon.   Does America fulfill the figure of Babylon?

I suppose the answer to the question lies somewhere between moral debauchery and global hegemony.  America certainly has a good grip on the first, although we appear to be losing our handle on the latter.  But does any and every society that is riddled with sexual filth qualify as prophetic Babylon?   Not if the Bible has anything to do with it.  And that brings me back to the problem of American exceptionalism writing itself into the pages of Holy Writ.   It simply isn't there, pilgrim.

Most scholars agree that prophetic Babylon is a reference to a revived Roman Empire in the End Times.   Now exactly what that's supposed to mean will lead the reader down a number of rabbit trails - none of which will provide a long term satisfactory answer - certainly not to the majority of folks who are happy with the brainwashing they've received in the past.   To them its America first last and always, and if you can't shove the old stars and stripes in between the arms of the cross - why it just isn't good old American religion.

To shift the paradigm slightly, I can ask a seemingly foolish question.  Exactly what is the revived Roman Empire?   Enter here all ye who love to bash the church of Rome.  With their fetish for boyhood and love of filthy lucre, the Italian based franchise must certainly qualify.    Except that it doesn't.   When the hot breezes of current events blow across the Levant, the notion of Rome bashing will disappear with the sand.  

Eschatological Babylon is a figure for the administration of the antiChrist in the End Times.  It suggests an established religious system, a bias against JEWS and Israel, a brutal military power and if not a global empire, then one that has serious deadly ambitions to become one.  In the short term, and thank God the Bible indicates it will be short, the nature of End Times Babylon will be to subvert the world with its hatred of the Jewish and Christian God.  Punishment, we are told, will be exacted by beheadings.  

Does any of this ring a bell?    It should.  It's in our faces every day and it isn't Washington DC.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Salty

I'm afraid I will never understand the fetish so many Americans have with their attempts to shoe-horn the United States into scripture.  Case in point is the lead question about Babylon.   Does America fulfill the figure of Babylon?

I suppose the answer to the question lies somewhere between moral debauchery and global hegemony.  America certainly has a good grip on the first, although we appear to be losing our handle on the latter.  But does any and every society that is riddled with sexual filth qualify as prophetic Babylon?   Not if the Bible has anything to do with it.  And that brings me back to the problem of American exceptionalism writing itself into the pages of Holy Writ.   It simply isn't there, pilgrim.

Most scholars agree that prophetic Babylon is a reference to a revived Roman Empire in the End Times.   Now exactly what that's supposed to mean will lead the reader down a number of rabbit trails - none of which will provide a long term satisfactory answer - certainly not to the majority of folks who are happy with the brainwashing they've received in the past.   To them its America first last and always, and if you can't shove the old stars and stripes in between the arms of the cross - why it just isn't good old American religion.

To shift the paradigm slightly, I can ask a seemingly foolish question.  Exactly what is the revived Roman Empire?   Enter here all ye who love to bash the church of Rome.  With their fetish for boyhood and love of filthy lucre, the Italian based franchise must certainly qualify.    Except that it doesn't.   When the hot breezes of current events blow across the Levant, the notion of Rome bashing will disappear with the sand.  

Eschatological Babylon is a figure for the administration of the antiChrist in the End Times.  It suggests an established religious system, a bias against JEWS and Israel, a brutal military power and if not a global empire, then one that has serious deadly ambitions to become one.  In the short term, and thank God the Bible indicates it will be short, the nature of End Times Babylon will be to subvert the world with its hatred of the Jewish and Christian God.  Punishment, we are told, will be exacted by beheadings.  

Does any of this ring a bell?    It should.  It's in our faces every day and it isn't Washington DC.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Well, since you made the Babylon comparison with the administration of the coming Antichrist, where per Bible prophecy is the Antichrist to appear and sit in the temple of God, proclaiming himself as God?

Jerusalem.