lars36

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

As a Christian what do you think about dinosaurs existing? Does the bible say anything about dinosaurs?

Yes, Dinosaurs did exist. We have the fossil record to prove that.

Scripture refers in Job to, Behemoth. And there is mention of Leviathan and the dragon that is in the sea.Both these references are in Isaiah, as just one example of scripture that can be said to refer to what we call dinosaurs today.

Cute kitty! 

:biggrin2: Thanks. Sadly, the dog has a thing about towels. :biggrinflip:

if they were part of the Adamic creation, where did they go after the flood.

According to books outside the 66book canon, we hear of the fallen angels doing things with animals.....   minitars, centaurs and the such from Genetic Engineering between species.     It is believed by some who have studied these other writings that the dinosaurs were not created by God, but were God created things that were changed but never meant to be.......   that's why they didn't get an invitation to the ship ride with Noah and the crew.

Just another possibility....

The horse and camel used to exist in the new world (americas) until prehistoric man wiped them out. I suspected that dinos were wiped out after the flood by various things. If not man, then by a changed environment or disease etc. 

I just can't see a TRex getting on the ark....

There's a reason for that. ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

According to books outside the 66book canon, we hear of the fallen angels doing things with animals.....   minitars, centaurs and the such from Genetic Engineering between species.     It is believed by some who have studied these other writings that the dinosaurs were not created by God, but were God created things that were changed but never meant to be.......   that's why they didn't get an invitation to the ship ride with Noah and the crew.

The horse and camel used to exist in the new world (americas) until prehistoric man wiped them out. I suspected that dinos were wiped out after the flood by various things. If not man, then by a changed environment or disease etc. 

There's a reason for that. ;)

LoL  I thought about that picture when I posted that....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  89
  • Birthday:  08/08/1984

No reason to assume that all animals taken on the Ark were adult-sized.

What if Rex was just a baby, and a vegetarian at that?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I removed the cartoons for the sake of the OP asking a question that seems to be searching for honest answers. We do have a forum for cartoons called "Humor! Need a good laugh?". Please don't continue to hijack the thread with cartoons, but share them where they should be.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What if Rex was just a baby, and a vegetarian at that?

they don't have a mouth structure for being a vegetarian, but I guess it could have been eggs....    but I really do tend to go along with genetic manipulation.

I removed the cartoons for the sake of the OP asking a question that seems to be searching for honest answers. We do have a forum for cartoons called "Humor! Need a good laugh?". Please don't continue to hijack the thread with cartoons, but share them where they should be.

There was no intention of 'hijacking' this thread in my posting those cartoons.Which were in keeping with the context of the OP question. Dinosaurs and scripture.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Edited by Genesis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

There was no intention of 'hijacking' this thread in my posting those cartoons.Which were in keeping with the context of the OP question. Dinosaurs and scripture.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I did not indicate that your intentions were to hijack, but that presenting cartoons did hijack the thread. The conversation started to be more about the jokes people could find and not the subject of the OP. I hope you see the difference.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Since satan is called the annointed cherub by Isaiah, and a burning sereph in Genesis, is it possible that cherubim and serephim were the same thing? Seraphim guard the Holy of Holies and that is also a picture of the heavenly throne, and cherubim surround the Throne in heaven. One had 6 wings and could fly, the other 4, but otherwise they seem a lot alike. Perhaps they can change their appearance as can angels? Just pondering.

I have seen the 3 toed miniature horse found in Oregon by Dr. Hancock. He brought it to a presentation at our gem and mineral society in Walla Walla.