• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The word, "keep" means to "guard, protect, to watch over". The word, "tend" means " to work, labor" Adams job (work) was to guard, protect, and watch over the garden.

Adam was the first person in history to be called a "watchmen" A watchman watches out for danger, and warns those who are innocent from pending danger.

Ezekiel was also called by God to be a "watchman" over the nation Israel.

Eze 33:7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 

Adam had already heard the warning from God's mouth, not to eat from the tree. Adam did not warn Eve which caused her downfall.

I do not think that God would put a human over the security of the garden to fend of angels with more power than the human.

Adam had from God dominion over all the earth and over all the works of his hands, which included angels.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 
Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

That might be a bit of a stretch.

Your quoted scripture below, is actually in contention with your own comment, "which included angels."

We are talking about the earth here, not heaven.

a little lower than the angels

Was Satan on earth at the same time as Adam? If he was then Adam had dominion over him. Adam did not have more power over angels, he had "authority" which had the power of God behind it.

But that's not what you are saying. You said..

Adam had from God dominion over all the earth and over all the works of his hands, which included angels.

What part are you not understanding here. If one is given "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of Gods hands, which part is not under his feet?

Let me get this straight. You are saying that Adam had dominion over angels on earth? In heaven? Or not at all?

Just say it. Adam was higher than angels, he had dominion, control, influence, whatever, over them. Is that what you imply?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

The word, "keep" means to "guard, protect, to watch over". The word, "tend" means " to work, labor" Adams job (work) was to guard, protect, and watch over the garden.

Adam was the first person in history to be called a "watchmen" A watchman watches out for danger, and warns those who are innocent from pending danger.

Eze 33:7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 

Adam had already heard the warning from God's mouth, not to eat from the tree. Adam did not warn Eve which caused her downfall.

um...yet Eve told the serpent that GOD...not Adam...said 'do not eat from the tree of life'

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.  Gen 1

This verse appears after God created Adam and Eve in chapter one...chapter two is the details of how Eve was created but does not cancel out chapter 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."  Gen 1:26

How does this verse give anyone dominion or authority over angels or over the devil?

Christ has authority over the devil and we have authority in HIS name only.

Angels are not of an earthly realm.  If for some reason I was transported to the heavens in the body I now have, I would not be a spiritual being

I would still be flesh and blood even though I was standing in a realm other than the earth

I think we have to be careful not to add what scripture actually states

Was not Adam a created a spiritual being with a soul and body? 

Heb 2:6  But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Heb 2:7  Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 
Heb 2:8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 

What part did God forget to put under Adam's feet? Angels? 
God left nothing not put under him!

I do not think that God would put a human over the security of the garden to fend of angels with more power than the human.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 
Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

That might be a bit of a stretch.

Your quoted scripture below, is actually in contention with your own comment, "which included angels."

We are talking about the earth here, not heaven.

a little lower than the angels

Was Satan on earth at the same time as Adam? If he was then Adam had dominion over him. Adam did not have more power over angels, he had "authority" which had the power of God behind it.

But that's not what you are saying. You said..

What part are you not understanding here. If one is given "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of Gods hands, which part is not under his feet?

Let me get this straight. You are saying that Adam had dominion over angels on earth? In heaven? Or not at all?

Just say it. Adam was higher than angels, he had dominion, control, influence, whatever, over them. Is that what you imply?

Absolutely YES!!!

When God created man he made him lower than the angels, but when he crowned him with Glory and Honor that placed him above the angels.

Adam did not have power of his own, but he was given "authority" which carries the power of God behind it.

Edited by CurtisCWilson

um...yet Eve told the serpent that GOD...not Adam...said 'do not eat from the tree of life'

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.  Gen 1

This verse appears after God created Adam and Eve in chapter one...chapter two is the details of how Eve was created but does not cancel out chapter 1

In every marriage the man is always the head of the woman. That headship is for man to take on the responsibility to "watch over" his family and keep it from harm.

God will hold that man accountable for not doing so. There is no inequality between man and women. They are equal. But there is a divine order in how God works, even within the Godhead there is order. The Father first, the Son second, and thirdly the Holy Spirit. They are all equal even though one might be considered first, and one last. That does not make one better than the other for they are all one, just like husband and wife.

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."  Gen 1:26

How does this verse give anyone dominion or authority over angels or over the devil?

Angels are not of an earthly realm.  If for some reason I was transported to the heavens in the body I now have, I would not be a spiritual being

I would still be flesh and blood even though I was standing in a realm other than the earth

Heb 2:6  But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Heb 2:7  Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 
Heb 2:8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 

That, is what I call extrapolating.  In fact, that actually is extrapolating.

I understand there are many new teachings and supposed revelations making the rounds these days, I guess this might be one of them.

What you are saying, is that Adam had authority over the angels in heaven.  Over the armies of heaven.  I don't think you have really thought this through  

That, is what I call extrapolating.  In fact, that actually is extrapolating.

I understand there are many new teachings and supposed revelations making the rounds these days, I guess this might be one of them.

What you are saying, is that Adam had authority over the angels in heaven.  Over the armies of heaven.  I don't think you have really thought this through  

Did you not read what I posted earlier? Was Satan on the earth at the same time as Adam? If he was, and he was then Adam had "authority" over him. 

oh yeah...I definately read what you posted earlier

Is that supposed to somehow have the effect of causing me to believe what you write even though it is not in scripture?

oh yeah...I definately read what you posted earlier

Is that supposed to somehow have the effect of causing me to believe what you write even though it is not in scripture?

Show me scripture that says Adam had no "authority" over the devil. Show me scripture that says the "body of Christ" has no "authority" over all the works of the devil.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Curtis, are you aware that angels are not part of creation.....   they were already here singing along and shouting as God created the universe...