CurtisCWilson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Well I will be a minority here, but the terms keep and guard are the same used for the Levitical duties in the tabernacle.  In fact, WHENEVER these two words appear TOGETHER, they are being used of the priestly duties in the tabernacle.  And there it means performing the priestly duties and keeping outsiders from entering the temple. Nu 3.7-8, 8.25-26, 18.5; Ez 44.14.  If we are adamant that Scripture interpret Scripture, then it is not eisogesis to allow the rest of Scripture to shed light on this passage and see that Adam and Eve were to protect the garden from the serpent.

Now, I do no think the first sin consisted of allowing the serpent to enter the garden, for we are not told where the conversation took place; and even if it took place in the garden, the sin was obviously eating the fruit.  By an act of disobedience they failed to guard Eden.  The two are not mutually exclusive: they are one and the same.

clb

You do realize that the priesthood had not been established at the time of Adam, don't you???

As for the conversation, where else do we find Adam and Eve if not within the Garden? Remember, they had not sinned at that point and were about tending the garden.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Since death came into the world because of sin, then they would have lived forever.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Then the tree of life was superfluous?  Why mention it?

clb

At this point, I have to remind you that you are walking so close to crossing the line I can't even see the line.

From the ToS: "You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible."

Nothing in Gods word is superfluous. If you can't figure out why God tells us about the Tree of Life, I suggest to seek to understand instead of attacking scripture.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Note: The `tree of Life,` is CHRIST. It is symbolic of Him.

There is no other that has true life. All life comes from Him. He created all we see (& do not see) & upholds all we see (& do not see) All scripture is to show us Christ & that is who we need to have in our conversations.

`What is this teaching me about Christ?`

Otherwise we are just loud sounding gongs!

Guest Butero

The Bible never states that Adam was with Eve when she had the conversation with the serpent.  He was with her when she handed him the fruit of the tree.  He was not deceived into thinking he could eat the fruit without consequences, but we don't even know if he knew where the fruit came from.  We only know Eve handed it to him.  He either chose to rebel, knowing what would happen, or he was completely unaware he was eating the deadly fruit. 

The tree was in the MIDDLE of the garden, & `her husband was with her.` Quite clear.

Hi Butero,

I don`t see the word `went,` there in the scriptures. You said -

`She took of the fruit of the tree and went to her husband.`

I think that is conjecture, bro.

The word says -

`...she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband WITH her; & he did eat .`                                                                                                                               
Edited by Marilyn C

Ok Butero,

That`s good to hear you protecting your wife. Praise the Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Since death came into the world because of sin, then they would have lived forever.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Then the tree of life was superfluous?  Why mention it?

clb

Because there will be a generation that will have to take it that have come out of the great tribulation and thru the milleniel reign of Christ.

Those of the firstfruits of the resurrection, the elect, will never die as they will be made like the angels in Heaven in that they never die either, and attend the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Those coming out of the great tribulation will receive the second inheritance for being the prodigal son as they will be resurrected but still can marry and have children to reign as kings and priests in the milleniel reign of Christ;  They of that resurrection have the promise that the second death will not touch them which means they will never be cast into the lake of fire, but that also means the first death still can.... and their children can die too, but the children and rest of the coming generation are not under that promise of being kept from the second death.

Those coming out of the milleniel reign that did not rebel with Satan in his last attempted coup, may have to take from the tree of life.  And although those saints coming out of the great tribulation were resurrected by Jesus Christ, but because they had forsaken their first inheritance, may also have to take from the tree of life, but death and hades will be cast into the lake of fire where sin will no longer seperate us from the love of God ever again.

Now is the time for obtaining the eternal glory that comes with our salvation;  the firstfruit of the resurrection by trusting Jesus as our Good Shepherd in being personal with us in leading us to understanding His words in the KJV in following Him as His disciples to be chosen by Him for the Marriage Supper as we can only run that race by faith in the Son of God in us for the high prize of our calling.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

The word, "keep" means to "guard, protect, to watch over". The word, "tend" means " to work, labor" Adams job (work) was to guard, protect, and watch over the garden.

Adam was the first person in history to be called a "watchmen" A watchman watches out for danger, and warns those who are innocent from pending danger.

Ezekiel was also called by God to be a "watchman" over the nation Israel.

Eze 33:7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 

Adam had already heard the warning from God's mouth, not to eat from the tree. Adam did not warn Eve which caused her downfall.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

The word, "keep" means to "guard, protect, to watch over". The word, "tend" means " to work, labor" Adams job (work) was to guard, protect, and watch over the garden.

Adam was the first person in history to be called a "watchmen" A watchman watches out for danger, and warns those who are innocent from pending danger.

Ezekiel was also called by God to be a "watchman" over the nation Israel.

Eze 33:7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 

Adam had already heard the warning from God's mouth, not to eat from the tree. Adam did not warn Eve which caused her downfall.

I do not think that God would put a human over the security of the garden to fend of angels with more power than the human.