CurtisCWilson

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Curtis, are you aware that angels are not part of creation.....   they were already here singing along and shouting as God created the universe...

Are "angels" created beings? Are they not a part of the works of God's hands? Did they not rebel against God and were cast down to this earth?

Did not Adam have "authority" and "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of God's hands? Yes!

Nowhere in the Bible did any human being other than Jesus ever exercised authority over angels.   So to say that man has authority over angels is going outside of Scripture.

Luk 9:1  Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases

What a weak response.   Jesus gave temporary authority over demons to His disciples.

That does not support your actual argument that mankind has authority over the angelic realm.    Sorry but you have pretty much shown that you cannot support your original argument.  

Man had NO authority over angels and never has.  

Luk 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 
Luk 10:20  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. 

This was given to 72 followers of Jesus. Jesus never took back this power from them. Does Christ have "authority" over angels?
If he does, then we also have the same authority because he lives in us as our new life!!!!! It is no longer "I" that liveth but Christ!!!!

You're talking about Demons and not angels here...Demons are the disembodied spirits of the dead Nephilim and would be part of the earth stuff.......     but still some of them take fasting and prayer to have control of.    And those are not angels.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Is Satan an angel? Have you ever commanded the devil to leave you, or your family, or any body? How about evil spirits, ever resist them and command them in any way?

If not you might want to do an indepth study on "authority" that Jesus gave unto his Church.

satan is a fallen angel.  Yes, whether or not that fits in with your theology, the devil is still an angel.  I don't see where in the Bible he became less.  He is

altogether evil and a liar, but still an angel.

is it me, or are you becoming slightly snarky here?

Are you able to stick to the topic without trying to create a personal agenda wherein you question me in a manner that indicates I just sit on a pew in church?

I have never commanded the devil to leave me as he has not seen fit to personally tempt me. 

We all deal with evil spirits in one way or another....some of us by actively praying and others by ignoring them (which they particularly like)

None of that changes the fact that you do not have power over angels and you do not command them.

Do not say that is a "cop out"  Bring forth scripture to prove your point. Opinions are not truth.

That is what your response was.  I asked you if you have commanded angels.  Of course, you have not.  

Hope you get it straightened out...will be back another time to see how it all went

Is Satan an angel? Have you ever commanded the devil to leave you, or your family, or any body? How about evil spirits, ever resist them and command them in any way?

If not you might want to do an indepth study on "authority" that Jesus gave unto his Church.

yes I have directed demons around and ran them out of my house......   rather I should sat that the Holy Spirit ran them out of my house at my bequest.....    But when you talk about Satan it's a different story,

Jude 9

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

KJV

I can't imagine why you would ever meet Satan face to face, but I would highly suggest that you just keep your mouth shut should that ever happen.

It is only in the name of Jesus that we have any authority over demons,  but you have no inkling of an idea of what you are talking about if speaking to/of the devil himself.   Should I check and see if there is any way for you to meet him face to face....    you could tell him "Jump" and see what happens.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Curtis, are you aware that angels are not part of creation.....   they were already here singing along and shouting as God created the universe...

Are "angels" created beings? Are they not a part of the works of God's hands? Did they not rebel against God and were cast down to this earth?

Did not Adam have "authority" and "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of God's hands? Yes!

Nowhere in the Bible did any human being other than Jesus ever exercised authority over angels.   So to say that man has authority over angels is going outside of Scripture.

Luk 9:1  Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases

What a weak response.   Jesus gave temporary authority over demons to His disciples.

That does not support your actual argument that mankind has authority over the angelic realm.    Sorry but you have pretty much shown that you cannot support your original argument.  

Luk 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 
Luk 10:20  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. 

This was given to 72 followers of Jesus. Jesus never took back this power from them. Does Christ have "authority" over angels?
If he does, then we also have the same authority because he lives in us as our new life!!!!! It is no longer "I" that liveth but Christ!!!!

You're talking about Demons and not angels here...Demons are the disembodied spirits of the dead Nephilim and would be part of the earth stuff.......     but still some of them take fasting and prayer to have control of.    And those are not angels.

So God created demons? You have got to be kidding! Any person who studies scripture knows God does not create anything sinful. He creates all things to be good.

What happen to the "Nephilim"? They were destroyed by the flood, and the only living beings left were Noah and his family!

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I always shudder when people laugh at what they do not understand

anyway... I did say I was leaving for now?  better do it then

yes I have directed demons around and ran them out of my house......   rather I should sat that the Holy Spirit ran them out of my house at my bequest.....    But when you talk about Satan it's a different story,

Jude 9

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

KJV

I can't imagine why you would ever meet Satan face to face, but I would highly suggest that you just keep your mouth shut should that ever happen.

It is only in the name of Jesus that we have any authority over demons,  but you have no inkling of an idea of what you are talking about if speaking to/of the devil himself.   Should I check and see if there is any way for you to meet him face to face....    you could tell him "Jump" and see what happens.

Now you are beginning to see the truth. Demons are fallen angels!!! Commanding demons (fallen angels) in the name of Jesus Christ is that "authority" that every single believer has.

What you are telling me is "if I ever meet Satan to keep my mouth shut" That is exactly what Adam did in the garden that got him into trouble. He kept his mouth shut, when he should have said something!!!!

Lets make this simple. Did God give unto Adam "Authority" over all the earth, and all the works of his hands?

Is Satan and all fallen angels created by the hands of God? Yes

The Bible says yes, so why are you disagreeing with God? To what purpose are you doing this?

You keep asking that same question and I keep answering it.....    no, Angels are not of this earth (world/universe)   Angels are/were part of the heavenly realm, not ours.    Adam had authority over things of this world, not everything God ever created.  God created heaven and the throne and the other things in his realm also......   do you really think Adam had authority over heaven.....  

Why are you bringing up Heaven? We are talking about things on this earth. Were are all the angels that rebelled against God? They are not in Heaven, but here on earth.

Adam had "authority" over every thing here on earth!

About 200 of them are locked up in Tartarus until the end of times.  Some people call that the bottomless pit.   but the rest can still come and go from the upper dimensions into ours.  They may not have access to the throne itself, but they are not yet kicked out of the heavens.   The Father exists in the third heaven, but the angels have access to heavens one and two, and will until the very end.

Guest shiloh357

This is wrong for several reasons:

1.  You original argument was that mankind has authority over angels, which is something the Bible never says.   So you have apparently abandoned that argument since you can't prove it.

2.   Lue 10:20 was a special situation and does not apply to us.  It was  limited and temporary authority over demons for the duration of the ministry Jesus gave to those men.  it was not for all people for all time.

Jesus has authority over angels but He has not transferred that authority to us.  It does not follow that because Jesus lives in us that we have the same authority over demons or angels that He has.    Jesus also has the authority to raise the dead and has the power to absolve sin.  That authority has not been given to us.  No one would dare argue that the same authority to absolve sin that Jesus has is also ours simply because Jesus lives in us.

Sorry but your position isn't biblical and doesn't reflect the doctrine of the NT.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Curtis, how many people have now pointed out to you that you are mistaken in your assertion that Adam had dominion over angels?

Are you willing to learn from a host of seasoned believers?

Fez, bring scripture proof. Show me through the Word of God that Adam did not have authority over all things here on earth.

Nope, you are making the assertions, and so far you have not proved a thing through scripture, as all of us have been telling you over and over.

This is wrong for several reasons:

1.  You original argument was that mankind has authority over angels, which is something the Bible never says.   So you have apparently abandoned that argument since you can't prove it.

2.   Lue 10:20 was a special situation and does not apply to us.  It was  limited and temporary authority over demons for the duration of the ministry Jesus gave to those men.  it was not for all people for all time.

Jesus has authority over angels but He has not transferred that authority to us.  It does not follow that because Jesus lives in us that we have the same authority over demons or angels that He has.    Jesus also has the authority to raise the dead and has the power to absolve sin.  That authority has not been given to us.  No one would dare argue that the same authority to absolve sin that Jesus has is also ours simply because Jesus lives in us.

Sorry but your position isn't biblical and doesn't reflect the doctrine of the NT.

I can not help you if you decide not to believe the Word of God. That is between you and God. I given scripture for every thing I have said and you have not been able to provide any to make your claims. Who do suppose we are to believe you or the Word of God?

Luk 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.