CurtisCWilson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

yeah...I tried telling him that too......

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

oh yeah...I definately read what you posted earlier

Is that supposed to somehow have the effect of causing me to believe what you write even though it is not in scripture?

Show me scripture that says Adam had no "authority" over the devil. Show me scripture that says the "body of Christ" has no "authority" over all the works of the devil.

Ok...well now you are hurting the timeline in my head

I didn't realise that Adam was a contemporary of Pauls....sigh

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Curtis, are you aware that angels are not part of creation.....   they were already here singing along and shouting as God created the universe...

Are "angels" created beings? Are they not a part of the works of God's hands? Did they not rebel against God and were cast down to this earth?

Did not Adam have "authority" and "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of God's hands? Yes!

oh yeah...I definately read what you posted earlier

Is that supposed to somehow have the effect of causing me to believe what you write even though it is not in scripture?

Show me scripture that says Adam had no "authority" over the devil. Show me scripture that says the "body of Christ" has no "authority" over all the works of the devil.

Ok...well now you are hurting the timeline in my head

I didn't realise that Adam was a contemporary of Pauls....sigh

Maybe you should study the fact that Jesus is known as the "last Adam" , and Jesus stored back to man what the first Adam lost.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

The word, "keep" means to "guard, protect, to watch over". The word, "tend" means " to work, labor" Adams job (work) was to guard, protect, and watch over the garden.

Adam was the first person in history to be called a "watchmen" A watchman watches out for danger, and warns those who are innocent from pending danger.

Ezekiel was also called by God to be a "watchman" over the nation Israel.

Eze 33:7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 

Adam had already heard the warning from God's mouth, not to eat from the tree. Adam did not warn Eve which caused her downfall.

I do not think that God would put a human over the security of the garden to fend of angels with more power than the human.

Adam had from God dominion over all the earth and over all the works of his hands, which included angels.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 
Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

That might be a bit of a stretch.

Your quoted scripture below, is actually in contention with your own comment, "which included angels."

We are talking about the earth here, not heaven.

a little lower than the angels

Was Satan on earth at the same time as Adam? If he was then Adam had dominion over him. Adam did not have more power over angels, he had "authority" which had the power of God behind it.

But that's not what you are saying. You said..

Adam had from God dominion over all the earth and over all the works of his hands, which included angels.

What part are you not understanding here. If one is given "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of Gods hands, which part is not under his feet?

Gen 1

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

psalms 8:6 is a long way from the garden.

The word, "keep" means to "guard, protect, to watch over". The word, "tend" means " to work, labor" Adams job (work) was to guard, protect, and watch over the garden.

Adam was the first person in history to be called a "watchmen" A watchman watches out for danger, and warns those who are innocent from pending danger.

Ezekiel was also called by God to be a "watchman" over the nation Israel.

Eze 33:7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 

Adam had already heard the warning from God's mouth, not to eat from the tree. Adam did not warn Eve which caused her downfall.

I do not think that God would put a human over the security of the garden to fend of angels with more power than the human.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 
Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

That might be a bit of a stretch.

Your quoted scripture below, is actually in contention with your own comment, "which included angels."

We are talking about the earth here, not heaven.

a little lower than the angels

Was Satan on earth at the same time as Adam? If he was then Adam had dominion over him. Adam did not have more power over angels, he had "authority" which had the power of God behind it.

But that's not what you are saying. You said..

What part are you not understanding here. If one is given "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of Gods hands, which part is not under his feet?

Gen 1

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

psalms 8:6 is a long way from the garden.

Obviously this can not be speaking about Jesus, as it is a long way from the New Testament!

Isa 9:6  For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

Edited by CurtisCWilson

Guest shiloh357

Curtis, are you aware that angels are not part of creation.....   they were already here singing along and shouting as God created the universe...

Are "angels" created beings? Are they not a part of the works of God's hands? Did they not rebel against God and were cast down to this earth?

Did not Adam have "authority" and "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of God's hands? Yes!

Nowhere in the Bible did any human being other than Jesus ever exercised authority over angels.   So to say that man has authority over angels is going outside of Scripture.

Nowhere in the Bible did any human being other than Jesus ever exercised authority over angels.   So to say that man has authority over angels is going outside of Scripture.

Luk 9:1  Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

concerning angels....  no he did not.    Curtis,  he didn't even know the difference between good and evil...    He was given authority over the things on earth that God made here...   but the angels were something that came before creation of the universe...   and we know little to nothing about that period.

concerning angels....  no he did not.    Curtis,  he didn't even know the difference between good and evil...    He was given authority over the things on earth that God made here...   but the angels were something that came before creation of the universe...   and we know little to nothing about that period.

Lets make this simple. Did God give unto Adam "Authority" over all the earth, and all the works of his hands?

Did Adam have "dominion, and authority" over all the earth and all the works of God's hands?

Is Satan and all fallen angels created by the hands of God? Yes

The Bible says yes, so why are you disagreeing with God? To what purpose are you doing this?