ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I did read it. I just kept having the verses that talk about "who so ever lives by the sword will die by the sword" run through my mind. Everything about guns, including their purpose is violent. We all fall short, but every moment of our lives is suppose to bring glory to God. How does guns and the violence with them glorify God? Maybe we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

no sorry....I cannot agree to disagree because this is not a matter of opinion and I'll explain why

First of all, you state Jesus did not teach or preach violence....that implies that is someone who wants to defend themself, they are not following Christ

Second, you mention what Jesus said regarding the sword.  

Jesus is speaking here of those who use violence as a lifestyle.  Is anyone here living by guns?  Are responders using weapons to take what they want?

Context is everything and the broad application that you and some others wish to make, just does not fit the context in which Jesus spoke

I will tell who is actually living by the sword...ISIS and those like ilk.  And they will die as they live.

I completely disagree. Owning a gun, especially with a gun permit is a lifestyle. As for me saying Jesus not teaching a doctrine of violence. That is the truth. To say Jesus, The prince of Peace, promoted violence is false doctrine. Look at what Jesus said to Peter at Jesus' arrest when peter pulled out a weapon. besides, if you want to convince me your right, then show me in the bible where Jesus himself says to defend yourself with violence or where Jesus himself taught that we are to respond to violence with violence. Until you or anyone else can show me in the Bible where Jesus himself says respond to violence with violence I don't see the point of posting anymore on this subject.

That's fine.

Again, I do not own a gun and have no plans to own a gun.

That, is not the point I have made.

You cannot describe Jesus as the Prince of Peace only.  How is God going to put everything under His feet without defeating the enemy?

Like I said...questions get ignored when they do not fit in with opinions

Protecting oneself is not violence...I don't think you understand and perhaps you will not until you actually must do so

It is so easy to say what one would not ever do not ever having to do it ...

I ask questions because questions by nature ask for answers...no answers tells me that the question has not been considered

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Other, I have heard your arguments. Possessing and carrying all the guns in the world will grant you not one more minute of safety. Our ONLY hope is Jesus. One enemy enters your front door threatening you. You defend yourself. His brother shoots you from behind. You never even knew he was there. Now who protects your, or my family. I will trust God. If He leads me to pickup arms, then I will. I do not say you are wrong to do all you can. Does God lead everyone to live the same life, or for that matter to die the same way?

And for further thought, other one, do not lightly ask over and over if one has been mugged or called in the middle of the night. If you do not know whom you are asking, you can not possibly know how even asking that question can affect them. Some seem to think other Christians have not been tested.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Did i miss some posts saying to lay down arms?  I am thankful our government has, in the past, "carried a big stick".  If we could elect a president who would serve on his knees before God, and be willing to hear and follow the Holy Spirit, I would think the U.S. would be more effectual in world affairs.  Our nation does have a police force, who are armed.  I am thankful for that.  

Are we, as christians, of the world?

The op was about guns, not specific situations, or ISIS.  

Stockpile your guns, if you live where it is legal to do so, if that is what you wish to do.  Perhaps you are being led by the Holy Spirit to do so?  I really don't know.  

I do not feel led to own any guns, that is not a judgment on you.  Such passion in defending gun ownership when i do not see anyone on this thread urging anyone to give up their weapons.  But maybe i did miss some posts.  

I do disagree with the notion that not carrying a firearm is being a pacifist.  And trusting in God is automatically taking away any responsibility or duty for self defense, or defense of others.  Trusting in God does not mean one sits underground in a bunker just waiting.  

One day the lamb will lie down with the wolf, but we are not there yet

I question why you are OK with some people having guns and yet other people having guns that they obtained just as legally as the police, are not ok.  do you suppose there are no

Christians in the police force or the army?  Are you ready to judge them all because you have an opinion?

The op is about defending oneself and that happens to be with guns in this C...swords have been brought up....should we drop that too because it is inconvenient?

No one mentionned stockpiling guns...so why are you?  You can only use one at a time anyway

I do not own even one gun .... I am responding here because scripture does not say what you are trying to make it say

Trusting in God does not make anything automatic...what that does, is passively accept everything that happens in your life whether or not God orchestrates it or not

Trust in God does not make our lives aligned or we would not have any instruction we need to follow

Passivity is not following Christ...not spiritually and not physically...I don't condone violence, I don't own a gun...I don't believe you sit and watch murder when you can stop it

Once again, must we pick up arms to avoid your judging us as pacifists? Who said they don't want police to carry guns? I simply pray if I ever have to pick up arms, the first place I put my trust is in Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

the_patriot2014

One man with a gun can control many without. Shouldn't YOU even the odds?

Brother's status posted Aug. 15, 2014

yes it was my status-its no secret that I am a big gun rights activist.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I did read it. I just kept having the verses that talk about "who so ever lives by the sword will die by the sword" run through my mind. Everything about guns, including their purpose is violent. We all fall short, but every moment of our lives is suppose to bring glory to God. How does guns and the violence with them glorify God? Maybe we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

no sorry....I cannot agree to disagree because this is not a matter of opinion and I'll explain why

First of all, you state Jesus did not teach or preach violence....that implies that is someone who wants to defend themself, they are not following Christ

Second, you mention what Jesus said regarding the sword.  

Jesus is speaking here of those who use violence as a lifestyle.  Is anyone here living by guns?  Are responders using weapons to take what they want?

Context is everything and the broad application that you and some others wish to make, just does not fit the context in which Jesus spoke

I will tell who is actually living by the sword...ISIS and those like ilk.  And they will die as they live.

I completely disagree. Owning a gun, especially with a gun permit is a lifestyle. As for me saying Jesus not teaching a doctrine of violence. That is the truth. To say Jesus, The prince of Peace, promoted violence is false doctrine. Look at what Jesus said to Peter at Jesus' arrest when peter pulled out a weapon. besides, if you want to convince me your right, then show me in the bible where Jesus himself says to defend yourself with violence or where Jesus himself taught that we are to respond to violence with violence. Until you or anyone else can show me in the Bible where Jesus himself says respond to violence with violence I don't see the point of posting anymore on this subject.

That's fine.

Again, I do not own a gun and have no plans to own a gun.

That, is not the point I have made.

You cannot describe Jesus as the Prince of Peace only.  How is God going to put everything under His feet without defeating the enemy?

Like I said...questions get ignored when they do not fit in with opinions

Protecting oneself is not violence...I don't think you understand and perhaps you will not until you actually must do so

It is so easy to say what one would not ever do not ever having to do it ...

I ask questions because questions by nature ask for answers...no answers tells me that the question has not been considered

In regards to the point in bold. How dare you assume to know me or my life!

Years ago I was in prison for a stupid mistake, Which is where I truly started having a relationship with Christ . I was threatened with violence daily. Sometimes for no other reason than because my skin tone is white, and yes they bluntly said that. Their were rape threats and attempts. Yes, even my blood was spilled. I remember one time two people started fighting beside me and one of the punches was so close I could feel the wind off of his punch. I could post endless stories about violence coming at me in one way or another, be it fists or a shank or a rape attempt. Every time The lord Jesus was there, and not once did I get violent. I would sing songs of praise to Jesus, quote the word of God or even start praying for them right there on the spot, but I never responded with violence. Every day my life was in danger because I didn't and wouldn't fit in to their drugs, gangs, groups or ways of doing things. Jesus was always thier. I don't have to guess what I would do when surrounded by muslims and every and anyone else who wants my harm, hurt, and/or death. I lived it.

The next time we talk, don't assume anything about me, next time ask. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Once again, must we pick up arms to avoid your judging us as pacifists? Who said they don't want police to carry guns? I simply pray if I ever have to pick up arms, the first place I put my trust is in Jesus.

not at all. if you dont want to carry or own a weapon that is your choice. Where I draw the line-and I realize your not the one doing it-but where I draw the line is when I am told that I am living in fear and/or sinning because I choose to, and given bogus reasons like "guns have the will to kill people" and take scripture out of context-just to prove me wrong. If you choose not to own and carry a firearm-thats fine, I respect that. But dont try and take away my right to do so. If you think it is scripturally wrong-then say so, but I don't believe it is.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

the_patriot2014

One man with a gun can control many without. Shouldn't YOU even the odds?

Brother's status posted Aug. 15, 2014

yes it was my status-its no secret that I am a big gun rights activist.
I posted it in this thread because I though it was good. :-)

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

.... I do see it as a fleshly human behavior instead of a spiritual behaviour...

That is what I am seeing too. The person some of you feel the need to protect yourselves from is likely an unbeliever. You are a believer, You get to heaven. The unbeliever does not. The life you take with a gun will not get to hear the gospel again.