• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=285861814949566

This is Samoa, and I think it is so great! They are singing "Samoa put God first".

Go Samoa!

Personally I think we should bring God back into our schools. In South Africa if you attend a religious instruction class you have to learn about all "religions", including Buddhism and Islam (Hindu, etc) in equal parts. But one can pray openly in most schools. Most of the parents from our church prefer to put their kids in other classes and teach them Jesus through church.. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks for sharing Fez, that is an AWESOME Video. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

In school we can't even sing America the Beautiful anymore because it mentions God,, let alone My Country Tis of Thee, which is a prayer. I at least grew up singing those in school. We are taught about the muslim religion instead since 9-11. It all makes my stomach churn with grief. Even our morals taught in school are immoral. In a few years the credits offered by private schools will not be recognized here by the state. Think I will tell my grandkids to move to Samoa.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Most of our kids (because of distance and poor Government schools), in our area go to a private school called Grantleigh.

The school motto, on the back of every school bus is "To God the Glory". I wish it could be so with all our schools!

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I think the queston that needs to be asked is which god? Because here in the US. If you allow one god into the school, you must allow all. And frankly I would not want my child singing about a differant god then my own. Something to think about.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In Canada we have the Public School system and the Roman Catholic School system. Although I am not Roman Catholic and my children are all grown, there's a lot to be said about sending our children to Roman Catholic Schools. Here they are at least taught the Bible, to love Jesus and to pray. Not only is prayer not allowed in the Public School, prayer, believing in Jesus, the Bible is often ridiculed. Private schools and home schooling can be good but not always possible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

I think the queston that needs to be asked is which god? Because here in the US. If you allow one god into the school, you must allow all. And frankly I would not want my child singing about a differant god then my own. Something to think about.

Not true. I've been teaching for 20 years in Tennessee, 6 different schools, and only in one school did anyone even think that was the case. In my classroom now I have a small poster that says, "In God We Trust". I didn't hang it there, it came with the room. It is in most other teachers rooms as well as in the office where anyone coming in the building can see it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In Canada we have the Public School system and the Roman Catholic School system. Although I am not Roman Catholic and my children are all grown, there's a lot to be said about sending our children to Roman Catholic Schools. Here they are at least taught the Bible, to love Jesus and to pray. Not only is prayer not allowed in the Public School, prayer, believing in Jesus, the Bible is often ridiculed. Private schools and home schooling can be good but not always possible.

I have heard that before.  I have heard many good things about the Roman Catholic school system.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Yes, God should be in our schools again. Taking God and prayer out of the schools was 1 of the first things we did wrong, as a nation. Prayer was silent prayer, so you prayed to the God of your religion. Back then it was Judaism or Jesus and His Father. Back then Catholicism was seen as a form of Christianity. I still see it that way. To me anyone who believes Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins is a Christian. I'm old school and I'm not ashamed of it. 

We also had to say the Pledge of Allegiance everyday. The key line was "One nation under GOD" I suppose that's gone too. So why are our young people going to fight and die for ISIS? We aren't teaching them the right things. All towns and churches should be having symposiums about this. But first we adults have to stop fighting about God. Our future depends on it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Not all there are many cases where islam is allowed in school or required by a specific teacher and Christians are not allowed.

I will say Chuck Norris and wife are getting Bibles in schools academically/historically.