• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Wow reading all this even helps me.

Guest shiloh357

Thank you everyone very much for your replies.   Kwiphilly and Starry- this has kind of what my doubt has been about lately.  I hear a lot of people equating "Faith" to "Hope" but they really aren't the same at all.  I mean, we never say "I hope there is a heaven," we say "I have faith there is a heaven."  We never say, "I hope Jesus walked on the water," we say "I have Faith that Jesus walked on the water. One is a statement of fact the other isn't.  Which is right? Thanks again everyone.  

Louis,

Faith is what sustains hope.   My faith in Jesus sustains my hope in Him that He will fulfill all of His promises, that I will live with Him forever.    Hope in the Bible refers to expectancy or anticipation based on and rooted in faith.

I have a confident hope in my future resurrection because Jesus was raised from the dead. My faith in what God has done give me a confident, expectant hope in the future. 

It's not a humanistic hope that is based on uncertainty, but a confident expectation knowing that God always fulfills His promises.  That why the Bible says that faith is the substance of what we hope for.  It is the basis or grounds of our hope.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The best way I heard it put is,,

"Walk to the edge of all the light you can see and then take one more step"  That is real faith to walk where you can't see but trust God that He can see and knows what is on the other side.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Lois Tracht,

l think `to be touched by Jesus personally,` is a wondrous thing. Jesus, I believe is giving you a hunger to know Him, personally & this will help direct your attention. We can want to know many things in this world, but to learn to know Jesus is the most important. So be encouraged for Jesus will open your `inner eyes,` to Himself in a personal way. He made you, He knows how you think, so humble yourself & be receptive to learning about Him.

Faith is the `spiritual muscle,` that God gives all of us to help us believe in Jesus & the truths He tells us in His word. (the Bible) Like a physical muscle it needs practise, so a bit at a time & your will see how it grows with you till you become spiritually mature.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Faith grows by getting into the Word of God. 'And faith comes by hearing, and that by the Word of God.' 

Edited by Pamelasv

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Using Vine, the greek is pistis.  A firm persuasion, a conviction based on hearing.  Trust, trustworthiness, faithfulness.

1. a firm conviction, producing a full acknowledgement of God's revelation or truth.

2. a personal surrender to Him.

3. a conduct inspired by such a surrender.

Our faith rests in the character of God Himself which is fully faithful to us and demonstrated Himself to be trustworthy.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Willamina,

That is a great concise explanation. Must remember it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Blessings Louis

WElcome to Worthy & God Bless yoU!

Hebrews 11:1King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Did man have faith before sin ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Thank you everyone very much for your replies.   Kwiphilly and Starry- this has kind of what my doubt has been about lately.  I hear a lot of people equating "Faith" to "Hope" but they really aren't the same at all.  I mean, we never say "I hope there is a heaven," we say "I have faith there is a heaven."  We never say, "I hope Jesus walked on the water," we say "I have Faith that Jesus walked on the water. One is a statement of fact the other isn't.  Which is right? Thanks again everyone.  

Louis,

Faith is what sustains hope.   My faith in Jesus sustains my hope in Him that He will fulfill all of His promises, that I will live with Him forever.    Hope in the Bible refers to expectancy or anticipation based on and rooted in faith.

I have a confident hope in my future resurrection because Jesus was raised from the dead. My faith in what God has done give me a confident, expectant hope in the future. 

It's not a humanistic hope that is based on uncertainty, but a confident expectation knowing that God always fulfills His promises.  That why the Bible says that faith is the substance of what we hope for.  It is the basis or grounds of our hope.

Does God have faith in man ?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

kwikphilly, on 08 Sept 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:

Blessings Louis

WElcome to Worthy & God Bless yoU!

Hebrews 11:1King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Did man have faith before sin ?

Blessings Just Faith,,,,,,are you asking about before they ate the forbidden fruit?I don't think that faith came into the picture yet because they saw God ,walked & talked with Him & were in His presence.....they had everything & had no need to hope for anything,they probably did not even know what it meant to hope .........IMO                                                              Love,Kwik