simple but potentially dangerous problem

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I posted this earlier and it may have been deleted so ill try to rephrase it. In short, im a single 30 yr old  male christian, been saved most of my life and actively serving for qute a few years. But i have seemed to pick up a very strong attraction for unsaved women namely those who dress immodestly- tattooed, with piercings etc.

To the point where i find myself subconsciously trying to talk up to them even tho i know its unequally yoked and  would probably end up ruining my life. also adding to the problem is the lack of appealing single christian women around and the "wait on God "lecture seems  to be of none effect after hearing it, waiting and nothing occurring and seeing my younger or sometimes less committed christian friends getting hookedup and married off.

How do you shake this feeling? And yes ive prayed about it.

Its like telling someone who hungry, dont go for the unhealthy pizza, you MIGHT get a salad later. Meanwhile, sit and what while those other enjoy theirc meal

oh, the broccoli vs. ice cream. i saw that thread.

how do you shake it? you don't. 

you master it.

i know that is easier said than done, but this is the problem nearly every human being has faced since the beginning of time. hormones are rough! when i lived in vegas, my pastor did a sermon on 1 peter 1:13... girding up the loins of the mind. i tried googling it to see if i could copy/paste an adequate explanation, but none of them seemed to be as direct and to the point as the way my pastor put it. so i'll try to paraphrase... but it's been a few years since that sermon.

lust begins in the mind. whether it enters the mind through something (someone) we see or read, or hear, or think, the mind is where a single passing thought turns into lustful fantasies or obsessions. 

the term 'gird up the loins' back in the day meant to cinch up the clothing around the waist. men would tuck their robe-like garments into the this belt so that they could get their work done. gird up the loins was a metaphor for preparing oneself for work, or battle. in THIS case, your battlefield is in the mind. your work is to defeat the enemy that comes to rob, steal and destroy your peace and your spiritual walk through lust. the "loins" of your body is the entire reproductive region pretty much... extending from just below your rib cage to just below the pelvic area. so to gird up the part of the loins of your mind is a matter of disciplining your thoughts... focusing them on God and rejecting the thoughts that comes so much more easily. 

probably the best way to do this is to get deeper and deeper into the word of God on a regular basis. prayer is a great tool, but it's a bit one-sided where the person praying is doing all the talking. if you want to get closer to God, you have to listen to Him talk, too... and we do that through studying the Bible.

good luck to ya. i know it's a very difficult time, and the only other thing i can tell ya is that when you get old, it'll get easier to take those thoughts captive and lay them at the foot of the cross. or maybe it's just that when ya get old, you just don't have as many thoughts to take captive. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I posted this earlier and it may have been deleted so ill try to rephrase it. In short, im a single 30 yr old  male christian, been saved most of my life and actively serving for qute a few years. But i have seemed to pick up a very strong attraction for unsaved women namely those who dress immodestly- tattooed, with piercings etc.

I'm not really sure that your problem is discussable on the open board for the sake of some of our young members, but I would simply as you to set down and do a real assessment of yourself by asking WHY?         I don't know you at all so would not really have a clue, but it's really important that you figure out why.     Might just be hormones combined with some fantasies that are really mentally and spiritually unhealthy..

I know how dorky this is going to sound, but after 67 years of life and 44 years of marriage, I think I can safely say that you will never really be satisfied with the needs of a woman until you take the focus off your needs and place them on hers....   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings creativemechanic....

Welcome to Worthy................choices my friend,choices .....................we are to take captive every thought & that is all it is "thoughts",the enemys greatest tool,,,,,,your thoughts!

Sounds so simple but as long as one is walking in the flesh this is crippling & undefeatable  ,,,,,, Jesus certainly does make us new creatures,He transforms us & we are no longer of the world even though we are in it,BUT....WE must talk captive every thought,we have a choice whether or not to act out our thoughts or to resist,resist the devil & he will flee.Even this is difficult without a willingness to repent & forgive me if this sounds harsh(it is not my intent to offend you but to speak truthfully)  you don't seem repentant,you seem very accepting of these thoughts & your attractions.

Everything about following Christ is willingness & surrender,I am not even saying that we can repent(change) of our own doing but it is that willingness to submit to Christ as Lord & Savior of our lives..............we have free will & that never changes but our hearts & minds can be transformed into the Heart & Mind of Christ when we walk in Spirit & in Truth.We have to "take captive of every thought & relinquish our mind to Christ so that their can be that renewal...............You know right from wrong,you know everything about what you are coveting is wrong ,you have to resist & ask Jesus to help you ,,,you have to forsake the flesh ,self,the 'I" & the "me"..........do you see what I am saying?

My friend,their can never be a renewal if we don't earnestly want to change.................if you do ,,,,"He will"     You say you've prayed,what are you praying? Are you praying that 'poof" God grants your wish?It doesn't work that way...............It takes being in an initmate relationship with Him & Him being First in your life,submission,surrender,admission,......praying without ceasing,focusing on Him,reading His Word & seeking Him in it.................putting on the full armor of God,and the best place to start ,,,,,,is on our knees 

God Bless you,He loves you(& I do too),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah,gird up & get committed & submitted                             With love-in Christ,Kwik      

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The spiritual life is what we must live. The unbeliever is not filled with the Holy Spirit and our union with them brings misery and pain. But it doesn't mean we are absolutely forbidden from doing it.

Are you willing to walk the path of Hosea? Are you strong enough in God to be a Boaz? Even Moses to an Ethiopian to wife.

Whatever you choose to do it needs to be done openly and honestly with the one your doing it with. You need to be honest about your faith and how that faith will affect the relationship. Honesty is key to prosperity and who knows you may just win one for Christ but it will be a painful sacrifice on your part. I guarentee it.

Be blessed. Choose wisely.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Ephesians 4:17-24

This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

But you have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

way i see it- when theres a lack of zebras, a lion will risk trying to eat a porcupine

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I've experienced the same feelings in the past, It's like the forbidden fruit, the more you know you can't have it the more you want it, and that usually happens when our spirit needs renewal, when we aren't completely free and transformed by the Holy Spirit. The more you fill yourself with God's Spirit the more these lustful feelings will go away, until one day you realize that the purity of a woman's spirit is more attractive than the appearance of flesh.