IGNORED

Is it wrong to want to be Remember for ever ?

Clark

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever.

-Psalm 112:6  (NIV)

We all know about  Martin Luther King Jr, Malcom X, John F Kennedy, Thomas Jefferson, Henry Ford, etc

we hear about them all the time. In the History books, magazines, etc. For a while now I been thinking about doing anything that'll help the world to become a better place. Simply speaking one day I want to make a Impact on this world and change something,

I like to call it worldly immortality, because in due time you be read about in history books,documentaries every one in a developed country will know your name...Like the verse said you wont be forgoten

Is my way of looking at this wrong ???

- To answer this, I would your interpetation of Psalm 112:6 and your thoughts please

Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. - Psalm 112:6  (NIV)

....I like to call it worldly immortality, because in due time you be read about in history books, documentaries every one in a developed country will know your name... Like the verse said you wont be forgotten

~

The LORD's

A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance. Psalms 112:5-6

Look

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.

He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.

The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish. Psalms 112:7-10

See?

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

May I suggest that your focus, though helpful to the world, is worldly. 

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Matthew 16:26; Mark 8:36

When someone sets their eyes on a certain goal, and not on the recognition, they become recognized for fulfilling the goal. Let your goal be allowing His will to be done in your life and He will recognize your work.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

We all know about  Martin Luther King Jr, Malcom X, John F Kennedy, Thomas Jefferson, Henry Ford, etc

we hear about them all the time. In the History books, magazines, etc. For a while now I been thinking about doing anything that'll help the world to become a better place. Simply speaking one day I want to make a Impact on this world and change something,

I like to call it worldly immortality, because in due time you be read about in history books,documentaries every one in a developed country will know your name...Like the verse said you wont be forgoten

- To answer this, I would your interpetation of Psalm 112:6 and your thoughts please

Psalms 112:6 is saying that God will never forget you; not that the world will never forget you.

Joh 5:44 KJV
(44)  How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

the only good we speak is when we yield to God and let Him speak through us; strive to speak so that the world remembers God, and trust Him to remember you in the only way that counts - eternally
Edited by disciplehelovestoo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  70
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.70
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Wanting to be remembered forever for only yourself is wrong. 

Wanting to be remembered forever for the Lord is good.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

In short, yes. disciplehelovestoo nailed it. You are thinking worldly and would only like your name remembered. Concentrate on his name and glorifying him in all you do. 

"In all they ways acknowledge him and he shall direct they paths" - prov 3:6. 

In contrast, if you want to acknowledge yourself, here's how to do it:

"Psa 51:3 KJV - For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

some verses have physical and spiritual meanings. Ps 112:6

6 Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

KJV

the righteous referring to spiritual, will be in everlasting remembrance, but as another responder said, this say God will remember forever, not the world

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Matt 19:16-17 Now behold one came to Him and said to Him GOOD TEACHER, what shall I do that I may have eternal life?. So He said to them, "Why do you call Me good?. NO ONE IS GOOD BUT ONE, THAT IS GOD.

The only good thing is me is Jesus Christ. My desire is for Him to be glorified in me, and that I should decrease but He should increase in me. So my goal is not for myself to be remembered but that Christ should be remembered.

There is nothing wrong in a desire to be remembered except that it flatters the ego, like feeding it grow food. My constant battle is with ego, trying feed it arsenic while keeping my eyes on Jesus.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You are already changing the world forever. God is the original Genius, people underestimate the affect that they have on the people around them. The Book of James talks about how speech is powerful. Sadly you can easily upset someone's day by making a rude comment about their appearance. That person would then experience hurt and anger and go tell a co worker or a friend or a family member how you said something rude and they don't understand why you said that about them. Or you can give a random genuine compliment out of the blue and that same person would tell other people how thoughtful that was. You already have an affect, if you give your testimony to every one you encounter and explain to them why you love the Lord some of them will take that to heart and be more curious about Jesus. Once they come to Jesus, you played a role in saving their soul FOREVER. It can be done with a random small act of kindness and it can be done to people to who rarely receive kindness and they will appreciate it more. Jesus said if you want to be first you have to be last, so serve everyone and your name will be written in the book of Heaven. Work to get your glory from someone who already has all the glory for eternity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Id like to point out, that all the men you listed-that wasn't their goal. None of them had any interest in being famous, or being remembered forever-they just wanted to change the world for the better. They all had principles, and they fought for those principles that they believed in, no matter what. They became famous-and well remembered, but that was never their intent. If your goal is to become famous and well remembered-then you will ultimately fail, you maybe remembered, but not for good but for bad, take Justin Bieber for example. You need to get your heart set with God-and do your best to follow your principles-regardless of whether they make you famous or not.