hi all, i need some help

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I also have been through times when it seemed strange thoughts were more common then not.  What I have found to help is to follow this verse.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy — meditate on these things.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

I also have been through times when it seemed strange thoughts were more common then not.  What I have found to help is to follow this verse.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy — meditate on these things.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

thank you so much cletus, thanks for understanding. i try this sometimes but have not praised God much during this attack because its so hard to think under this level of oppression. i will try praise mode and let you know what happens. thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

another thing that seemed to help keep them at bay was to remind them of thier final destination, then remind them of yours...   kind of flaunt it a bit and they usually get mad and leave.....   at least they did for me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Praying.

thanks for your kind prayers alien, God bless you. i do this sometimes another one quote scripture about their final destination and it seems to stop them sometimes but other times they just dont care. id like to thank everyone who replied, the oppression is starting to lift.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Welcome to Worthy, dyksis. I hope that you're still here gleaning from the experience of the family.

I have no idea of your mental condition or your background, and it's none of my business. But let me tell you a story about me. Several years ago I was experiencing similar things. I had lived 50 years without the problem, and wham! there it was. It was during a time in my life when I felt so close to God I thought I could lift up my hand and actually touch the kingdom. My heart was full of joy that I thought it would burst. The words of scripture leapt from the pages direct into my very soul. Nothing of the world bothered me, shook me, or penetrated the closeness that I felt with the Lord. Nothing. And then I began having thoughts. And seeing images. The images only came when I closed my eyes. So, going to bed became a problem. A serious problem. Just leaning back in my office chair and closing my eyes to rest or to think became a problem. Prayer time was a problem.

I thought I was losing my mind. My closeness with the Lord was being affected. My joy was robbed.

I was too embarrassed to tell anyone - even my husband. I had become afraid, alone, and miserable. I finally called one of the pastors at my church and he recommended a class that a man was conducting on Wednesday nights. It was on spiritual warfare.  I went that very first Wednesday. It was a very small class, intimate in that everyone just talked about their experiences, their fears, and then the leader spoke, we read scripture, we prayed corporately, and we laid hands on one another and prayed. I always left there feeling stronger, calmer, and no longer alone. The attacks continued, but they were less dramatic, less powerful. Soon after meeting with others, and sharing the love of Christ, they stopped altogether. It was replaced with stronger conviction, stronger prayer life and the return of my joy. It made me stronger.

I would suggest to you to get alone with God in prayer, and I mean really, truly alone with Him. Where no one can see or hear. Talk to Him. Worship Him. Bow before Him as if He's really right in front of you - because He really is. Immerse yourself in His word. Surround yourself with His children. Listen to Christian music as you drift off to sleep at night. But I would also advise to seek spiritual warfare teachings through a God fearing, bible teaching church where the one conducting the classes are held accountable to base their teachings on the word of God. There are a lot of quacks out there, You must be careful not to fall under their teachings.

And hang out here. There are a lot of solid, mature Christians here who can listen and pray.

By the way - I fully believe that my problem was because nothing else was taking my eyes off of my Lord, so the enemy attacked my eyes themselves, trying to turn my focus. Happily, it didn't work for long. We all have valleys and mountaintops. It's the road that's tough.

You're in my prayers.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings dzyksis

Welcome to Worthy.....it is not easy to give advice without knowing anything about you and perhaps who lives with you,who you keep company with,what you do for entertainment,what you do "period" and the type of lifestyle you lead..........

I can tell you from personal experience that sometimes there is simply too much focus on the enemy & not enough focus on God........perhaps ,entertaining these thoughts instead of resisting them ,,,renewing one's mind,,,,,,,,,,,,you see,when your flesh is forsaken,by complete comittment & surrender to Jesus is when He can begin ,by the Power of the Holy Spirit ,,,,to transform you,,,,,,,

Our flesh is at war with our spirit,our hearts *& our minds are made up of flesh......all too often when young Christians begin their walk with Christ they are naturally targeted for spiritual attack & get so focused on spiritual warfare (unarmed & without Gods full armor)that they can become obsessed with being oppressed...............it becomes a "state of mind",,,,,,,,,,the point is,we must focus our attention on God,Heavenly things,things eternal & Godly,His Word,Praise,Worship,Prayer........seeking that RELATIONSHIP with Him,not reciting Scripture in the hopes of rebuking the enemy,,,,,,,,it is the Lord that rebukes the enemy by the Power of the Holy Spirit,walking in Spirit & in Truth because He abides in us is why we have Authority ,in Christ Jesus........when Jesus is Your Best Friend,Your Living Redeemer,Your Lord,Your Everything,,,,is when you can boldly & confidently stand on your Position of Victory,in Him!

Read Gods Word,not looking to engage with the enemy but in seeking God,asking Him to reveal Himself to you,pray to be nearer Him.................the closer you are to Him the further the enemy is from you.............praise God & know that He inhabits your Praise

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy — meditate on these things.             Phil 4:8        posted by One Light

This Scripture is how you begin to renew your mind & by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,seek God with all of your heart,Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life,,,,,,,,,,be free in Christ Jesus!                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

another thing that seemed to help keep them at bay was to remind them of thier final destination, then remind them of yours...   kind of flaunt it a bit and they usually get mad and leave.....   at least they did for me.

my favorite way I remind them is revelation 20:10.   I also like the liar liar pants on fire. 

I hadn't thought of that one....

thank you so much traveller, im very sorry to hear about your struggle, thank you very much for your advice. i have got into deep prayer with the lord as you said, i will try to focus on him more no matter how bad the thoughts and feelings get, thank you for your help