SUS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Lots of people say it isn't, but they are wrong.

Look at Proverbs 30:4, 1 John 5:7, and Matthew 28:19.

Guest Teditis

I think that the "trinity" is the natural expression of God. Therefore it's

not only in the Bible it's everywhere that God is. But it's explained clearly

in the Bible throughout.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings SUS

Welcome to Worthy......yes indeed!!!

Matthew 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1 Corinthians 8:6 - But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 5:7-8 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.  

John 14:26 - But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 1:1-51 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.   

2 Corinthians 13:14 - The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. ([The second [epistle] to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, [a city] of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.])

John 15:26 - But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Colossians 2:9 - For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

John 14:16-17 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

John 14:16-17 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;  

Isaiah 6:8-10 - Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here [am] I; send me.  

1 John 5:7 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are One

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think there is anything that could be literally translated trinity, but the concept is certainly there..

Ashamed?

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. Mark 8:38

~

~

Is the trinity in the Bible?

~

Beloved, Of

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces. Genesis 15:17

- - -

For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife. Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Hebrews 6:13-18

Course

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

- - -

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:11-12

Not

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

- - -

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:11-12

See

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16-17

- - -

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

- - -

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Matthew 17:5

~

Be Blessed

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

The word Trinity doesn't appear in the Bible but the concept is both in the Old Testament and New Testament.   We even see the Trinity being referred to as the Godhead, in Acts 17:29 and Paul's letter to the Colossians, Colossians 2:9.

But along with I John 5:7 I believe that the following OT passage is one of the greatest about the Trinity:

16)  Come ye near to Me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was there Am I: and now the LORD God, and His Spirit, hath sent Me.

17)  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I Am the LORD thy God, who teacheth thee to profit, who leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Isaiah 48:16-17

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dugge

But along with I John 5:7 I believe that the following OT passage is one of the greatest about the Trinity:
16)  Come ye near to Me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was there Am I: and now the LORD God, and His Spirit, hath sent Me.
17)  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I Am the LORD thy God, who teacheth thee to profit, who leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
Isaiah 48:16-17                                                                                               posted by 19Duggarfan

Beautiful,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Amen!!!!                                                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

It depends on what you mean by the Trinity. The modern concept doesn't fit the Scriptures.

It depends on what you mean by the Trinity. The modern concept doesn't fit the Scriptures.

:thumbsup:

Ancient

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

Facts

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.  Genesis 15:17

See

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26

?

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

1John 5:7 and Matthew 28:19 are spurious.

But don't take my word for it. Do a little research and find out for yourself.