• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/28/1950

Would Jesus dwell in a temple made with hands?

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Ezekiel 43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, [neither] they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.

~

Good Question And Yes, I Believe Jesus Will Reign

Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. Revelation 20:6 (ESV)

From His Jerusalem

And you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:10 (ESV)

From His

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. Isaiah 2:3

Zion

And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places. Ezekiel 43:7

Why didn't you simply answer the question directly and say: "Yes I believe Jesus will dwell in a temple made with hands."?

Might it be that you were convicted by the literal verse, from a literal passage of New Testament scripture, that unequivocally states:

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

If you didn't use bold font for everything, you might be able to read the verses a little more easily before you post, and then even have the bold available for emphasis.

Since your posts are generally unclear, in what I can only guess was a effort to nullify that literal verse, or render it false, you quoted a figurative verse, from a figurative passage, of Old Testament scripture. Let's read it again but with selective bold font:

Ezekiel 43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, [neither] they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.

So unless you think that God will dwell in a temple made with hands (directly contrary to what literal NT scripture says), for ever, then you should be able to see that verse just reinforced that the temple referenced is indeed the same one, that Jesus built without hands nearly 2000 years ago:

Mark 14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

The true tabernacle which the Lord pitched:

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

And it's the same "holy temple in the Lord" that God's people are a part of through the Spirit:

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1Corinthians 6:19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Let me ask you again and please try a direct answer this time, rather than posting unexplained confusion.

Based on what you believe: Will Jesus dwell in a temple made with hands? Yes or no?

Edited by PeteWaldo

I see Jesus explaining it very nicely in Luke 17:20-21

Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.

Indeed and amen bro! Yet no shortage still seem to expect to say: "See here!' or 'See there!" to the physical.

Edited by PeteWaldo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.

Indeed and amen bro! Yet no shortage still seem to expect to say: "See here!' or 'See there!" to the physical.

The kingdom He spoke of is the security of being Gods child, sealed by the Holy Spirit.  Jesus will physically return soon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Pete,

I believe the word kingdom, means more `ruleship.` God owns every thing, He never gave the world away, but it is His rule that will come here, as it is ruling in heaven, in righteousness & peace.

Marilyn.

The kingdom He spoke of is the security of being Gods child, sealed by the Holy Spirit.  Jesus will physically return soon.

I believe soon Jesus will arrive physically, in His Second Coming too. How much worse does this world have to get?!!

Coming in final judgment, at the last trump, when time itself will cease to exist.

Well, I'm up a couple hours past my bedtime bro. Night night.

Edited by PeteWaldo

Hi Pete,

I believe the word kingdom, means more `ruleship.` God owns every thing, He never gave the world away, but it is His rule that will come here, as it is ruling in heaven, in righteousness & peace.

Marilyn.

I believe God allowed the kingdoms of this world to be Satan's legal possession ever since Adam's fall. If they weren't Satan's legal possession, how did he have the authority to offer them to Jesus, in a deal?

I look at it as two places that exist in parallel in this world. The kingdom of God and the kingdoms of this world.

The term "ecclesia" means "gathering of the called out". Those who are specifically called out of the kingdoms of this world and into the kingdom of God.

Perhaps you can take a stab at the question I posed to Joe.

Do you believe that God will dwell in a temple made with hands?

Night, night Marilyn. Will respond in the morning.

Edited by PeteWaldo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I believe soon Jesus will arrive physically, in His Second Coming too. How much worse does this world have to get?!!

Coming in final judgment, at the last trump, when time itself will cease to exist.

I do believe the rapture will occur at the last trump, but His judgment will not be at that time, nor will time cease to exist at the last trumpet.  His judgment comes later and time will continue to exist, though we will not take part in it for time is about how we measure this existence.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Pete,

Night, night. Just to clarify what I was saying -

`The earth is the Lord`s & all it contains, the world, & those who dwell in it.`  (Ps. 24: 1)

Thus we agree that God `allowed the kingdoms of the world to be Satan`s legal possession ever since Adam`s fall,` as you so rightly said, I believe. So it is just the judging of man`s system of governing that is coming up, when the Gentile Government is judged & Israel will rule as God has always promised. God`s rule will then be enforced upon the people of this world.

For your question about God dwelling in a temple of human hands. I believe God`s word tells us that He is omnipresent & thus by His Holy Spirit is everywhere. However to `dwell,` indicates a presence of relationship. Thus I believe in the Millennium the Lord dwells with His people in a very real, presence way. His rulership of righteousness & peace, as well as the rod of iron, will reign supreme. The Feast of tabernacles which we know is what will be celebrated by Israel & the people`s of the Nations, means - God dwelling with us.

How wonderful for them. yet we, as the Body of Christ have an even greater inheritance.

Blessings, Marilyn.

For your question about God dwelling in a temple of human hands. I believe God`s word tells us that He is omnipresent & thus by His Holy Spirit is everywhere. However to `dwell,` indicates a presence of relationship. Thus I believe in the Millennium the Lord dwells with His people in a very real, presence way. His rulership of righteousness & peace, as well as the rod of iron, will reign supreme. The Feast of tabernacles which we know is what will be celebrated by Israel & the people`s of the Nations, means - God dwelling with us.

How wonderful for them. yet we, as the Body of Christ have an even greater inheritance.

:thumbsup:

The Lordship

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Of Christ Is Greater

The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?” Revelation 6:14-17 (NIT)

That All Our Trials

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2

I do believe the rapture will occur at the last trump, but His judgment will not be at that time, nor will time cease to exist at the last trumpet.  His judgment comes later and time will continue to exist, though we will not take part in it for time is about how we measure this existence.

Good morning OneLight. Pop-bible versions may offer the impression that time doesn't end at the last trump - voice of the seventh angel - through translations of convenience driven by futurist doctrine, since if time ended there couldn't be anything further that is measured by time.

Rev 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

They substitute the word "delay", where the KJV used "time", in this verse. Perhaps to buy more time?!:-)

Check Strong's and you will find the word is:

chronos

1. time either long or short

I believe the verse means just what it says, that time itself will be no longer. If delay had been meant as in:

Act 25:17 Therefore, when they were come hither, without any delay on the morrow I sat on the judgment seat, and commanded the man to be brought forth.

Strong's again:

anabolē

1. delay, a putting off

If delay had been meant in Rev 10:6 why wouldn't the Greek term that actually means delay have been used?

Time will be finished and we will then be in God's state of timelessness that exists outside of time when:

Revelation 10:7  But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Did that say the mystery should be "finished except for this or that"?

Revelation 11:15  And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Reign forever and ever, in the kingdom He brought in the 1st century. Not on earth for some randomly placed thousand years of some future someday. Look again at the verse from Ezekiel that I posted regarding the temple that Joe thought was to be yet in the future: ".....the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever....."

Isn't it all perfectly consistent? That kingdom is within us, just as the literal scripture that you posted says. Jesus ushered His kingdom in during the first century before some that He explained that to even died. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, just like the literal verses indicate. We are all "fellowcitizens" in the household and kingdom of God and were built into an holy temple in the Lord through the Spirit, for nearly 2,000 years. Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone. Just as all of the verses indicate.

Edited by PeteWaldo