• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,247
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

One thing for sure we all will be enlightened to exactness when in His Presence :amen:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,187
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think you will find what you are speaking about here.....  This is an overview of his thoughts.

the Rabbi's name is Nachmanides  as I remember he was seriously into the Kabbalah.

I have ordered the book this is speaking of.   It will take me two months to get to reading it.

it appears that I left off the web site I was speaking about...

http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48951136.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.49
  • Days Won:  0

I think you will find what you are speaking about here.....  This is an overview of his thoughts.

the Rabbi's name is Nachmanides  as I remember he was seriously into the Kabbalah.

I have ordered the book this is speaking of.   It will take me two months to get to reading it.

it appears that I left off the web site I was speaking about...

http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48951136.html

Excellent link.  Thank you.

Maybe we can agree on one thing, neither one of us believes in evolution.  We both believe in a six day of creation, one day of rest.  Some of Jesus' comments should be enough to disprove the Day-Age interpretation of creation.

One thing I should have stated, there are many scientists who believe in the Day-Age concept of creation, Hugh Ross being just one of many.  I think, like the 6000 year existence of earth believers, their salvation should not be questioned.  I don't discount their belief that this is a literal interpretation of scripture.  I just disagree.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Maybe we can agree on one thing, neither one of us believes in evolution.  We both believe in a six day of creation, one day of rest.  Some of Jesus' comments should be enough to disprove the Day-Age interpretation of creation.

One thing I should have stated, there are many scientists who believe in the Day-Age concept of creation, Hugh Ross being just one of many.  I think, like the 6000 year existence of earth believers, their salvation should not be questioned.  I don't discount their belief that this is a literal interpretation of scripture.  I just disagree.

Hugh Ross also believes in Moon Fossils; However, each postulate needs to be evaluated based upon it's own tenets and merit.

Nothing wrong with disagreement, but "Agree/Disagree" is rooted and associated with Subjective Criterion not with the Scientific Method.  Hypotheses are either Validated/Invalidated via Hypothesis Testing...there are no "Opinions" allowed, it's quite the Non-Sequitur (Fallacy).

Also, the question of age (Universe, Earth) is outside the Framework of the Scientific Method; Ergo...their pronouncements from the rooftops stating the Age(s) as absolute FACT is a tear jerkin belly laugher; it Screams Agenda ---- I wonder why   :mgdetective:    

At first blush, it appears this discussion (Long Ages: Day-Age/Gap Theory) has nothing to do with Salvation....However; it's Bedrock Foundation right @ it's Core.  How so?  Well....

If "your" Doctrine is that there was: Death, Disease, Suffering, THORNS before Adam's Fall, sorta this motif....

AdamEveonmountainofbones_zps3d697aa6.jpg

.....then you take to the Woodshed "IN TOTO" The Salvation Doctrine (Kinsmen Redeemer and "The Last Adam"), by direct proxy.

See the problem? 

A gap theory doesn't account for sin and death like the 7 literal day reading does.

That's not true. 

Hugh Ross also believes in Moon Fossils; However, each postulate needs to be evaluated based upon it's own tenets and merit.

Nothing wrong with disagreement, but "Agree/Disagree" is rooted and associated with Subjective Criterion not with the Scientific Method.  Hypotheses are either Validated/Invalidated via Hypothesis Testing...there are no "Opinions" allowed, it's quite the Non-Sequitur (Fallacy).

Also, the question of age (Universe, Earth) is outside the Framework of the Scientific Method; Ergo...their pronouncements from the rooftops stating the Age(s) as absolute FACT is a tear jerkin belly laugher; it Screams Agenda ---- I wonder why   :mgdetective:    

At first blush, it appears this discussion (Long Ages: Day-Age/Gap Theory) has nothing to do with Salvation....However; it's Bedrock Foundation right @ it's Core.  How so?  Well....

If "your" Doctrine is that there was: Death, Disease, Suffering, THORNS before Adam's Fall, sorta this motif....

AdamEveonmountainofbones_zps3d697aa6.jpg

.....then you take to the Woodshed "IN TOTO" The Salvation Doctrine (Kinsmen Redeemer and "The Last Adam"), by direct proxy.

See the problem? 

I see the problem is a lack of understanding of the Gap Theory.  Maybe it's just too complex for you to understand.

Guest Teditis

A gap theory doesn't account for sin and death like the 7 literal day reading does.

That's not true. 

So why was there sin and death in the "previous" world?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Spot on!

Once leave the defined path laid on in scripture we enter the swap of our own reasoning, a dark dangerous murky place with little stability