• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Well I hope that he will also be able to protect what ever money is left over, because you know for certain that the parents will be going after him for some or all of it soon.  God Bless him and keep his family safe. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if they do, they will dig up just about everything Michael Brown ever did wrong.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Yep, it's called discovery. Maybe then people will understand his mother (a thug herself) left him as a baby to be raised by his grandmother; his stepfather (the one who urged his fellow thugs to "burn the city down") is really his mom's live-in boyfriend, etc., etc. In other words, they're the personification of fifty years of "the Great Society's" abject failure to uphold black nuclear families, and the disintegration of the same.

Guest shiloh357

Yep, it's called discovery. Maybe then people will understand his mother (a thug herself) left him as a baby to be raised by his grandmother; his stepfather (the one who urged his fellow thugs to "burn the city down") is really his mom's live-in boyfriend, etc., etc. In other words, they're the personification of fifty years of "the Great Society's" abject failure to uphold black nuclear families, and the disintegration of the same.

Good points, John.  

If this were to go to a civil trial, the defense would mop the floor with Michael Brown's family.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Good points, John.  

If this were to go to a civil trial, the defense would mop the floor with Michael Brown's family.

What facts are you guys basing this judgement on related to his grandmother raising him?  Based on what I read, he was raised in a home with both of his parents and grand parents under the same roof, then when his parents split up he lived with his mom and grand parents, then in mid high school his mom needed to move and he stayed living with his grand parents so that he didn't have to change schools late in high school.  Not a perfect family but "thug" really?  I doubt any of us have perfect families either.

shoes, you said it yourself. after his biological parents split up, he never again lived with his mother or father. i haven't heard anything negative about his biological father (and the only thing i ever heard about him at all was that he did not want riots to erupt).

but his mother has reportedly initiated and led an attack and robbery on a vendor of t-shirts... some say the vendor was the grandmother, but i'm not sure about that part.

his mother's boyfriend (reported by the media as a 'step-father', which by definition he is not) is reportedly a member of the bloods, a violent gang.

michael, himself, has had photos of himself flashing gang signs associated with the bloods (when he was alive) all over social media.

do you believe this was the innocent young boy that the media is portraying him as? you do seem to think he was an innocent victim, in spite of having just finished stealing from a store, being aggressive with the store clerk, then being mouthy and shouting dares and taunts at the officer when he was asked to move out of the street, and then becoming aggressive with the officer, fighting with him, and trying to steal the gun from the officer.

if you had heard of that kind of behavior, but had no idea of the skin color of the person who was doing those things, wouldn't you call it thuggish?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Not surprising, and you probably already know this but none of the links you make any argument what-so-ever that he was raised by his grandmother.  The reason why they do not is because it is not true.  He did not have both parents in the house for part of his upbringing but it wasn't until his mother moved while he was in high school that they made the decision to have him stay with his grandmother in order to not have to switch high schools.  The three links you provided aren't even news articles, the only remotely reliable source is the fox news one but it is a brief op ed and all three are mostly just a bunch of ad hominem attacks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

GotNews and the St. Louis news paper have filed legal requests for the court system to release Michale's juvenile records.   They were told off the record that he had problems.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1443591/did-michael-brown-have-a-criminal-record/

I don't know how reliable this news site is, but it doesn't seem to be one of the satire sites.

Guest shiloh357

Not surprising, and you probably already know this but none of the links you make any argument what-so-ever that he was raised by his grandmother.  The reason why they do not is because it is not true.  He did not have both parents in the house for part of his upbringing but it wasn't until his mother moved while he was in high school that they made the decision to have him stay with his grandmother in order to not have to switch high schools.  The three links you provided aren't even news articles, the only remotely reliable source is the fox news one but it is a brief op ed and all three are mostly just a bunch of ad hominem attacks.

I wasn't addressing the question about whether or not he was raised by his Grandmother.  I was showing why I believe that his mother and dad are just as thuggish as the rioters.  It is no wonder that Brown turned out to be a felon and thug himself.  These are people caught up in a self-destructive lifestyle and I don't think they cared one bit about their son.  But I DO think they are trying profit off all of this.