Dawn33

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

What specifically makes the Jehovah's Witnesses a cult is that they deny they deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.

They believe Jesus Christ to have been the archangel Michael before He was born into this world. They do a demonically inspired “wonderful” job of this twisting God's Word particularly in Daniel to come up with this heresy.

No Jesus Christ created the archangel Michael.

They also believe the Holy Spirit to be nothing more than an “invisable active force” and not God...

Their “Watchtower” and “Awake” magazine pamphlets are constantly riddled with heresy and artwork that "looks" somewhat "Christian."

Their false New World Translation “bible” removes all references to the deity Jesus Christ...

They have had multitude of false prophesies spoken over the years that have not come to pass.

If wounded and in need of blood, they cannot have a blood transfusion. Some have died as a result.

They do not believe Hell to be eternal.

There is much more that could be said of this cult that is anti Biblical.

They are NOT Christian.

The Mormon’s are a cult for the same reason.

They believe Jesus and Lucifer were “created” brothers.

Any religion that denies at any point the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ as eternally being God the Son is a cult.

Jesus Christ has always been and will always be eternally God the Son.

He was not created. He is the Word:

John 1:1-5

(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(2) The same was in the beginning with God.

(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

(4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

(5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Yes the class participation was a huge problem last week. It was sad because I had to deny a 7 year old kid from having a cup cake when everyone else in the class had one because his mother told me he could not have candy or cup cakes if they were holiday related. It just felt so wrong that I had to do this to a kid. He also had to sit in the office when the rest of the class went to a Christmas concert .  

That bites... poor kid.  :(

If you and I meet, and you forget me.  You have lost nothing.  But if you meet Jesus, and you forget him.  You have lost everything.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

I had a JW couple visit my street, it did not take me long to figure out that misogyny/male chauvinism was strong in that community, and that women are treated like second rate citizens.

I asked someone that had left the organisation what the God of the JW's is like and they said "he's an angry god." 

I doubt whether that these communities are a reflection of all in the system, because I have seen some very liberal congregations as well, but when it comes to membership and excommunication they have similar means of cruel treatment like the Exclusive Brethren, but never as fierce as Scientology. or as murderous as you know who.

I accepted their study, which ended when they told me that the Son of God was a created being, nevertheless they do have a couple of doctrines which are not held by the nominal Christian churches, which are Biblical.

I'm sure you already know how important it is to test any religion by personal study of the Bible, it is not always safe to get lessons, because scripture can be twisted and put out of context to suit false doctrines.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I have attended a JW worship service and I wouldn't call them a cult. They make some very valid points.

I look in the Bible and I don't see scriptural evidence supporting the trinity or at least I can see how they interpret it that way. I am actually quite confused on the trinity issue because nowhere in the Bible does it say "He is three in one." So it's confusing.

Also they do not pay their clergy, I like that a lot. And they train their members to interact with the rest of the world, something a traditional church does not. I think learning to interact as a christian with the rest of the world is important and I think the church really fell flat on that.

I can also see how they can be precieved as a cult but I do not believe they are. They look and act and believe strange but isn't that the foundation of Christianity? Being seperate from the world?

But don't you find it cult like how they have added their own book, written from their own profit or founder ? 

*shrug* In all honesty I have no room to judge them. That's Gods job. I wouldn't say they are a cult and I don't agree with what they did to the Bible either. God called us to love thy neighbor. He said LOVE thy neighbor, not judge, not love conditionally. I can see both good and bad in JW's. I think about how the world views Christians and how Christians view JW's. We aren't going to change their minds by hating them. 

Plus some of what they believe made sense. Like about the trinity, I was genuinely confused (thanks again for those verses, Willa). I don't see the problem in questioning Christianity as long as you do it with the right motives and the right mindset. The right motives and right mindset being, wanting to find the truth and what the Bible really says. 

I believe that Satan has distorted our interpretation of the Bible so that's why I like asking big questions like that, so I can know FOR SURE if the Bible really means that or something else. Does all this make sense? 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The links bring up a page saying forbidden. Maybe cause I'm using my phone. Don't know, maybe the site is down

I get the same thing and I'm not using my phone.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

The links bring up a page saying forbidden. Maybe cause I'm using my phone. Don't know, maybe the site is down

CARM have been having web site problems in the past few days , try the links later. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

The most important thing to remember about the Jehovah witness is that they don't see Christ Jesus as the only begotten son of God.

they do not understand or want to beleive  the Holy Trinity

They see Christ Jesus as being the archangel Michel.

Just like the Muslims and how they interpret Christ Jesus

Both points of view being false and unscriptural.

as Willa said: "They twist a lot of scriptures to their own destruction."

Ayin jade & Willa gave good info.

About decent people?

I know atheist who have the semblance of decency

I know some Muslims who seem decent

I know some people from different walks of life who seem decent.

also you can find sociopaths in society that can seem very decent

Seeming decent?

As the bible says in romans3:24

We all fall short of the glory of God.

Ephesians 2:9
8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,

which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.Ephesian2:9

We are not saved by our own works but by the Grace & Mercy through Gods plan of salvation in Christ Jesus,

The only begotten son of God.

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

" The man Jesus is dead, forever dead." Their founder Charles Taz Russel.

They do not believe in a literal resurrection. It was the life force of Michael the Arch Angel that was placed in the ovum of Mary and that same life force which was activating the bodies that appeared after the death of Jesus and now is in heaven in some Michael Jesus Michael thing or spirit creature that sits at the right hand of God. 

After we no longer exist we are but a memory to God, kind of like a computer file,  and will be inserted into a spirit creature if God so deems us worthy.

To them a body plus life force equals a living sole, life force has no personality, life force is life force. So when life force is taken from a body that body no longer exists. Hence dead, forever dead.

Now I've never got a good answer from them on the differing degrees of life force because if Michaels life force was placed in Mary then Michael died, right? And if life force is impersonal then why did God kill Michael? Is Michaels life force of a different brand and how many degrees of life force are there? 

They can argue about the trinity all they want but where in the bible can you find that stuff. 

That said I have had conversation with JWs and most are very nice people. When I am sincere, and find it in my heart to witness, I begin a conversation that will bend toward the above issues.

I was taught first sincerity, when your heart bends toward the person then engage. Pray. So first off, love. Most of the questions they ask can be agreed with so agree, but the goal is to bring it around to you asking some questions. 

The goal, of sorts, is to get "them" questioning their doctrine, even if it's for a moment driving away or that night or whenever. Prayer. Maybe 10, 15, 20 more people out from you loving them and turning them toward the unbelievable aspects of their beliefs will get them to their knees and seek in truth. The best thing they can do is approach God with a question in sincerity. It's not my job to turn them but nudge them a bit in love. 

Twenty years ago I would get angry and self righteous and tell them to stay out of the neighborhood and they would look at me like i needed to be in a home. Now they tell me how calm I am and that usually on these subjects, ex: the trinity, people get all hot and out of control. Being calm and sincere goes a long way.

Look, they seem to have more passion for a lie than I do for the truth. The only way I can share with them what I know is to love them. If they won't listen or return sincerity then it's time to end the conversation and usually they will do that for you.

They are good people and good in the community and kind. They really believe they have the way, it takes prayer and what I've found is the prayer changing me and my attitude toward them. Jesus spread His arms wide and said "They know not what they do" He asks us to do the same. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

We are called to reject heretical doctrines and told in the bible to avoid false teachers.