IGNORED

Can one go to hell yet still love Jesus?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

I was wondering if anyone thinks that if someone truly loves Jesus, that it is possible for them to still go to hell? When He is all they think about. When they hear that name... (Jesus) everything in them lights up as a little child. Do you think they still can go to hell?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Only those who reject salvation through Christ will be rejected.  How can anyone who loves Jesus reject Him?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I was wondering if anyone thinks that if someone truly loves Jesus, that it is possible for them to still go to hell? When He is all they think about. When they hear that name... (Jesus) everything in them lights up as a little child. Do you think they still can go to hell?

Romans Chapter ten tells me that if one confesses Jesus as their Lord and believes that the Father (God) raised him from the dead, they will be saved.....    and that word is a definite tense "will".

So I would question, could a person love Jesus and still not allow him to be the Lord of their life?     I think that is beyond me to say.

Could a person love Jesus and not believe that he died and the Father raised him from the grave....    possibly...

I'm personally not sure that anyone could answer your question with any real definite conclusions.

:thumbsup:

One Way

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:3-6

Or The Other

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1989

I am inclined to think, that a person who loves Jesus, is also a follower of Jesus, and as a follower, beleives what He says (said), and therefore beleive God raised Him from the dead. It is by that faith, that we have been saved.

However, I beleive that we could say, that Judas Escariot, also loved Jesus (as in had emotional feelings for Jesus), but he lacked faith, and that lack of faith manifested in in actions that no true diciple should even have considered - a betrayal of Jesus. Judas ended up it Hell, and he was not just a deciple (outwardly), but an apostle, chosen by Jesus.

Peter, in his cowardice, and weakness, denied Jesus, also not something a true diciple should consider. However, Peter truly repented, and turned back to Jesus, Judas did not. The differance, I think, is that Peter was born again, this being an action of the Spirit, those who are born again, are changed by the Spirit inside, and persist in following Jesus, until the end of their lives. Those of us, are born again, might slip up, lack faith at times, but God will not allow anyone, or anything, to snatch us out of His hand, and so, we will die, with saving faith, faith that God gives us.

This however, is not measured in how we feel about Jesus, some feel more that others just as a matter of our emotional wiring, we are all different.

Did you ever notice, that in the Bible, it is said of beleivers, that they have been saved. are being saved, and will be saved? I find that interesting! What do you think MSWright?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Those who have truely repented will be given the power to overcome habitual sinful lifestyles. God gives us both the will and the ability to do His good pleasure. He sees us as pure because of the blood of Jesus. But we are also continually being changed into the likeness of Christ as we behold Him and are washed by the reading of His Word. This transformation will be completed when we go to be with Him.

Jesus kept those of His disciples that the Father had given Him but for Judas. I believe He still does that.

But He also chastens those He loves so that we will yield the peaceable fruit of righteousness. He helps us when we can't help ourselves. That is grace. Undeserved mercy and love. And he who is forgiven much, loves much. We are saved by grace through faith, and that not of ourselves. It is a GIFT from God, not of works, so no one can boast.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

If someone loves Jesus and has accepted Him as Lord of their lives, they will love The One Who died for their sin. No, they will not receive any reward, but they will not go to hell.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

If you love the Lord and want to follow His teaching then you will do it diligently, If you love the Lord and your are not able to crucify self and flesh then you will tend to go where your treasure lies. Luke 9:23 If anyone will come after me, let them deny themself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Guest Judas Machabeus

I think John 15:1-10 answers this question.

1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.

2Every branch of mine that bears no fruit, he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

3You are already made clean by the word which I have spoken to you.

4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

5I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

6If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned.

7If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

8By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples.

9As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love.

10If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

Our salvation is an on going journey. Everyday we need to turn our back on sin, reject it and turn out faces to Jesus.

In this passage Jesus starts by telling us that we are the branches and he is the vine. So he's talking to believers ( Christians) and warns that those that do not produce fruit will be cut off and thrown into the fire.

So you can't be part of the vine unless you are Christian. We become a member of Christs body through Baptism.

He goes on talking about those that abide in him he abides in them and those that don't abide in him he won't abide in them.

So if he's talking about those that are members of the body being cut of and burned for not producing fruit, and they are the ones that don't abide in him. What does it mean to abide in him? Verse 10 tells us

10If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

So by sinning we are not keeping his commandments and there for not abiding in him.

Confessing your sins and seeking his forgiveness is on going.