• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

If that was not the case, he couldn't tell us what is going to happen in the future, because we would have the power to go contrary to what he said and make it null and void. 

I think it is easier than that.  God exists outside of His creation of time, so He knows the end and the beginning, as He is present at both.  He does not guess what decisions we will make, as He is presently here and in our future.  God can not be limited by His creation.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Generally, three spatial dimensions are recognized - Length, Height, and Width (occupying space) along with one temporal dimension - time. If Jesus is Lord over those first three dimensions, then why not time? I think, before you can analyze this, the question must be settled as to whether Jesus is God or not. If you do not believe this to be the case, then the outcome is left purely to your own opinion (or your friend's rather). I have no doubts that Jesus is God. Given that role, is it possible that He can be constrained by something that He created? In other words, this is likened to the foolish question, "Can God create a rock too big for Him to move it?"

Yes, God created time, but He is not bound by time, except when He limited Himself by choice and He came in the flesh to live among us "for a time." And even then, I don't believe that it affected His knowledge of events outside of time. His coming was by His choice, and in obedience to the Father. He limited His own deity. No one, no force of nature, or natural laws limited it for Him. He was constrained by time, gravity, etc. because that was what He chose. And even then, it was only "for a time." When He ascended, He was already operating outside of our physical laws again.

The best illustration I can give (and even this doesn't do Him justice) is to imagine you are in a helicopter watching a long parade. The parade represents a person's life or chain of events, or anything time-related. You can see the beginning, middle, and end, all at once. Now, this is where the illustration drops short. He can actually be present at the beginning, middle, and end all at once. Not just observe.

That's my two cents.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I agree that God is always in the present, and that He exists outside of time because He created everything, including time. He is omnipresent. While on earth Jesus experienced some limitations. For instance, He said only the Father knew the day and the hour of His return. But now that He has been restored to His position at the right hand of the Father, I don't believe He has the same limitations as He had on earth. All things have been placed under His feet and He is over all, the eternally blessed God.

Guest Thallasa

We have 'free will " only within the limitations of the laws which God has built into His creation .

In other words God allows us to do as we please by pushing the boundaries to the limit,but since there is a limit,

we will kill ourselves , both in the physical sense ,and in the spiritual eternal sense, if we do .

I understand how Calvinism came about as it is clear some people are more advanced spiritually than others

from a very young age ,and it seemed that they had been chosen by God in advance ,but I neither believe that, nor

that it does not matter what we do, and that  all we need to do is say we believe,and we will be .

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Well Jesus and God live forever so I do not think they are affected by time. If he is eternal he doesn't need to travel time anyways. I mean think about it, if He is eternal then that would mean since He went to the past for a visit He wasn't in the present right? But He is eternal so wouldn't it be that He is in all three? Prophesying is God revealing an event. If Prophets used present tense when referring to what we would have called if we were in their time the future He is already there. But there is not a good word since He is and thus is not really present. But He is Here. God is the Great I am. 

Part of Revelations 1:8 "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." this is recorded in it. That means He is a part of reality. Us humans are influenced but He is a being that surpasses... well I do not think I would do this justice if I tried to describe. Could not feel at ease I'm not sure this is even correctly expressible. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Well Jesus and God live forever so I do not think they are affected by time. If he is eternal he doesn't need to travel time anyways. I mean think about it, if He is eternal then that would mean since He went to the past for a visit He wasn't in the present right? But He is eternal so wouldn't it be that He is in all three? Prophesying is God revealing an event. If Prophets used present tense when referring to what we would have called if we were in their time the future He is already there. But there is not a good word since He is and thus is not really present. But He is Here. God is the Great I am. 

Part of Revelations 1:8 "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." this is recorded in it. That means He is a part of reality. Us humans are influenced but He is a being that surpasses... well I do not think I would do this justice if I tried to describe. Could not feel at ease I'm not sure this is even correctly expressible. 

I agree, and I'm not saying He needs to, I'm just pointing out that should He choose to than He most definitely can!  After all, to step out of eternity, so to speak, and into the limitation of a specific point in time... that alone is proof that He can do it, and even greater things than that.  He is always omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent; the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Not only part of reality, but the only true reality that is truly lasting, and not just a temporary reality like He set up for us in our physicality on this earth.  Who can do Him justice in description, brother?  One thing we all agree on, He is limitless!  Nothing is too difficult for Him!  

Thank you for leading me to reply, I have been stirred up!  I just love Jesus so much!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

God controls time and space.