I am suffering from shyness and timidity and I know that they are not

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am facing a very big problem and it is very hard to overcome it... I have shifted recently and i stay in a hostel far from home. ever since this happened, i've probably become shy day by day.

It kinda started feel like a burden soon and I cannot bear the consequences arising like, missing a great opportunity, hesitating to simply talk to girls... It's horrible to go through this when I am with my friends, collegemates, etc..

One recent incident, I was travelling in a train(which travels for more than a day) In my compartment there was a girl and she was 22 and I, being 18 was blushing at her without ceasing. I usually treat girls as sisters especially if I am meeting for the first time.

I don't even open my mouth if I really needed something. It's true I was shy and timid when I was a toddler, but it seems to be unusual when I am like this after a long time.

This shyness did not even spare me when I am at my cousin sister's home.

I have also tried searching the web regarding this. But there was nothing I found that was helpful to me. I quit browsing in between and landed to this site.

This is a barrier to my socializing nature.

I needed prayer my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, if you have some time to spend, Please do pray with heart for me.

Thank You.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Dear Father you have taken shy people and turned them into warriors for You. Father help this young man to become bold for You and Your glory. Amen.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Praying

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hey jony, moses had an issue with being shy as well.  Maybe you should read over about him and gain some strength and confidence.  As far as girls go, no need to be shy.  Just think of it this way, the worst thing that can happen when you approach a girl is that she says she is not interested, and then you are no worse off than where you started.  Will pray for you, God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Lord, please fill Jony with Your Holy Spirit and with power. You turned cowardly Peter who denied Christ three times into the mouthpiece of God on the day of Pentecost. He preached a sermon by which you saved 3000 people. He became a leader of the early church. So I ask that you do the same for Jony and fill him to overflowing with Your love for all people.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you all for your prayers and advice. Very glad to share my problem with you all here :-) . God bless you all.

Edited by JonyLucky

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

When I was young, I was shy.  The reason for my shyness was that I placed too much value on what others thought of me ... I was insecure in who I was and needed others approval.  The more I realized this, the easier it was for me to reject the need for their approval and the shyness left.  Don't allow your life to be controlled by what others think.  Be content in being His child and let Him shine through and you will find life a lot easier.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Read The Confidence Code. It costs $20 through Amazon. It is written for women but I am sure the self help works equally for both genders.