• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I thank Jesus for everything, all day and every day. It's become natural to me.  Look up at a blue sky, thank you Jesus, come out of a meeting unscathed, thank you Jesus. Look at my wife, thank you Jesus.

Most every meal we say grace. It takes 30 seconds and has become natural to us. Often as short as "Thank you Jesus fro the blessings that put this food on the table".We pray every morning before going to work, and every night before sleeping.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

I thank Jesus for everything, all day and every day. It's become natural to me.  Look up at a blue sky, thank you Jesus, come out of a meeting unscathed, thank you Jesus. Look at my wife, thank you Jesus.

Most every meal we say grace. It takes 30 seconds and has become natural to us. Often as short as "Thank you Jesus fro the blessings that put this food on the table".We pray every morning before going to work, and every night before sleeping.

Amen . 

I cannot imagine a day without prayer and thanks. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that to mandate a prayer before a meal is legalism. However, it's more important to have (and I dislike cliches, but...) an attitude of gratitude. An attitude of thankfulness. It's a habit with me because of my background - family and all, and I think about it before each and every meal. However, I don't just say a rote prayer. After all, as a previous poster mentioned, there are many in this world who would truly be grateful to have the meal we are about to eat.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

not sure if this is the right place for it, but i didn't think controversial was quite right either. maybe it is. someone can move it if need be.

ok, i saw a cute little poster on facebook today that reminds me so much of me. i rarely think to pray before meals. it's not that i don't ever pray, i do! frequently throughout the day. but when the food is on the table, the last thought on my mind is delaying long enough to pray over it. so if we are praying on a regular basis, prayers that include blessings on the day and thanks for those blessings, are we screwing up if we don't pray specifically over the food when we sit down at the table?

I would also state not a mandate, but Jesus did give us the example of giving thanks for our food.  I don't know why, but I tend to give thanks at supper more...maybe cause that

is my favorite meal?  But I also pray throughout the day and in the am, when I pray, I give thanks for the whole day...I really believe in giving  thanks cause we are told many

times in scripture to give thanks...with a grateful heart...maybe you know that chorus?

Maybe you should not wait until you are so hungry you just eat?  (kidding)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings LadyC.....

A "Kwik" little story....................2 days ago I was meeting  a friend for breakfast,I got there well before she did & I was just about to text her to say"Where are you,I am starving?"And then I though,,,,,,"I am not starving,I am so Blessed"................Truly ,I am sure I have no idea what "starving" means & there are people who are literally without any food or suitable drinking water & there I am sitting in a restuarant waiting to get served enough food on one dish for probably 3 people!!!!!!!! The very least I could do is say"Thank you Heavenly Father",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All I could do at that point was stare out the window ,looking at the beautiful blue skies & feel like I could never tell our Father how truly grateful I am ,not just for daily provision but also for seeing the new day,by His new Mercy

The story does not end there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a girl in the booth across from me asked if I was waiting for a date,I said "No,a friend,,,,who is ALWAYS late but I love her just the same"....after a brief conversation I said"God Bless you & have a wonderful day",,,,,she nodded & smiled and got up ,yawned & put something under my arm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was $20.00......I started to say....."Huh,whaaaa...." & she looked at me & shook her head"no" & said"Be Blessed"...............Perhaps she was an angel unaware but I just wanted to share the goodness of God,,,,,,,,FAVOR,undeserved Blessings.............No,it is not mandatory to give thanks before a meal,yes-it is an example Jesus gave ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but for me,it is mandatory because His Grace is sufficient ,I do not deserve this life more abundant....... God Bless you & to God be the Glory!!!!!                       With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

For this is the will of God...I like to bless my food...to prevent disease or anything else that may harm my family...I even bless my animals food...it ensures healthiness for my household...

Guest shiloh357

Stopping and blessing God for our food is proper.  We are not animals at the trough.   We should thank God for the food He provides.  It's not a mandate, but why would we not want to?  Not only that, but blessing God for what we eat raises the act of eating to a more spiritual level.  It is not just a mundane thing. Eating can be an act of worship when we eat with a grateful heart to the Lord who provided it. 

not sure if this is the right place for it, but i didn't think controversial was quite right either. maybe it is. someone can move it if need be.

ok, i saw a cute little poster on facebook today that reminds me so much of me. i rarely think to pray before meals. it's not that i don't ever pray, i do! frequently throughout the day. but when the food is on the table, the last thought on my mind is delaying long enough to pray over it. so if we are praying on a regular basis, prayers that include blessings on the day and thanks for those blessings, are we screwing up if we don't pray specifically over the food when we sit down at the table?

I would also state not a mandate, but Jesus did give us the example of giving thanks for our food.  I don't know why, but I tend to give thanks at supper more...maybe cause that

is my favorite meal?  But I also pray throughout the day and in the am, when I pray, I give thanks for the whole day...I really believe in giving  thanks cause we are told many

times in scripture to give thanks...with a grateful heart...maybe you know that chorus?

Maybe you should not wait until you are so hungry you just eat?  (kidding)

yeah, i pray throughout the day too, and in the morning, asking for God's blessing on the day and thanking Him for His provisions, so i don't really worry so much over the individual stuff.  but LOL on the last line! i wish i could blame it on being so hungry! it's more like being hypnotized by the smells and sights than a matter of a grumbling belly!

Stopping and blessing God for our food is proper.  We are not animals at the trough.   We should thank God for the food He provides.  It's not a mandate, but why would we not want to?  Not only that, but blessing God for what we eat raises the act of eating to a more spiritual level.  It is not just a mundane thing. Eating can be an act of worship when we eat with a grateful heart to the Lord who provided it. 

like i've mentioned, it's not that i'm not thankful for the food he provides, and i daily thank God for His provisions and blessings. i just do it in the morning when i wake up, at random times throughout the day and at night... but for some reason it just never seems to be at the table unless i'm reminded by someone else.

i would never think of eating as a mundane activity, although i can't say i've ever experienced it as an act of worship, either.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

l just do it in the morning when i wake up, at random times throughout the day and at night... but for some reason it just never seems to be at the table unless i'm reminded by someone else.

If you started this thread , I think it must be on your mind. 

Maybe you could start now   :thumbsup: