• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

Amen Ezra......yes,we are warned about such practices & we are forbidden to partake in such things as astrology,,,,,,,,,,but you know,we are FREE in Christ & so many Christians seem to focus on what we CANNOT do instead of the wonderful things that we CAN do,,,,,,we already know our future & that is that we will live eternally with our Lord,forever in Joy,Peace & Glory,,,,we do not have to ask what tomorrow might bring because we trust our Father for tomorrow & the next day & the next day & so on.................He cares for the birds of the air 7 the lilies of the field,how much more does He care for us??????

Christians need to begin living like children of the King of kings,Lord of lords,,,the Most High God Almighty,Creator of the Universe....to God be the Glory                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

People say the moves summon demons, but demons are probably right next to you all day everyday anyway.

The issue is not whether demons surround us daily.  The issue is whether Christians have "fellowship" with demons and thereby open themselves to Satanic influences, while provoking the Lord to jealousy (1 Cor 10:19-22).  All Hindu practices are ultimately involved with demonic forces as revealed below:

19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

yet we are clearly told it is fine to eat meat sacrificed to idols.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

This is really a slippery slope. On the one hand, I can understand the concern from the Saints when it comes to using the word "yoga". We all know it's a false religious practice, and I think we all agree that it is probably best not to do it with unbelievers who may be emboldened to really practice it because they see you (a Christian), practicing it. You have knowledge that there are no other gods, and that you are not in reality "summoning demons", or consciously joining demons. You are doing physical exercises that benefit your body. Te unbeliever, or even " a weaker brother or sister" could be wounded by your freedom, and understanding.

I guess this could fall under things that are lawful, but all things are not beneficial. I don't practice the exercises of Yoga(at least not knowingly), but if I did, it would not be something I would do openly for fear of creating controversy among my peers, and making the world think I accept the religious aspects of the practice. 

Rom 14:13  Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 
Rom 14:14  I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

It's not the 'silly exercise' that's the problem - it's the meditational side.

Well, not knowing much about the meditational side, I see nothing wrong with having a heart tuned to Christ and his blessing of allowing me to work out, and breath his fresh air for one more day. "Do all we do to the glory of the Lord". Bodily exercise is a temporal act that helps these temporary bodies of ours. It will not push you further from God, or closer to him. Flesh is flesh, Spirit is Spirit. Our Spiritual lives are built up by Spiritual things. That's all I meant by 'silly exercises'. 

1Ti 4:7  Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. 

1Ti 4:8  For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I can't believe we are still on this topic.  It has been said over and over it is a cult and should in no way be praticed by a Christian. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I wasn't meant to bend that way any ways. So I don't even try :) If I take time to meditate, its time that I spend with God, in prayer. Far more relaxing for me. :)

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Proof of Your Love,,,,

Great to see you here on the boards,glad you have joined us  & I say"Amen" Brother,meditating on our Lord is FANTASTIC!!! Halleluyah!

This conversation has gotten really old & I would much prefer talking about how we spend time with our Father instead!!!!!

I wasn't meant to bend that way any ways.

Hysterical! :24:                                                                                                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,   saved34......I got what you meant,I said "silly exercize" too

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I can't believe we are still on this topic.  It has been said over and over it is a cult and should in no way be praticed by a Christian. 

perhaps you need to realise that just because someone says something does not automatically make it true. Without the spiritual side to it then it is harmless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Yoga and kundalini power is not suitable to Christian who believe in the Lord Jesus as the Bible tells.

Amen.  Most North Americans have no clue about Hinduism.

That is because they do not want to follow that religion.  Despite what people are saying in this thread, many do practice yoga without delving into, or engaging in the religious historical aspects behind why yoga was started.  WHy study another religion in order to know it is wrong?  How about studying Christianity more in order to recognize false religions? 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes I agree, stretching exercises are essential to health but the whole practice of yoga seems selfish to me. Isn't it basically teaching you are your own God or basically instead of your body being God's temple, your body is your own God? Lots of weirdness in my opinion...