IGNORED

Appearance of evil

Alex Summers

Guest Thallasa

Yes if you are a pagan ,but I believe that you will be held accountable  to God for money which you have gained on the backs of

others .For example, those who make quick fortunes on the stock market ,which causes businesses to fail . I am not talking about

long term shareholders who invest for years .

Guest Thallasa

A decent wage would be one that corresponds to the wealth created by the whole company .

If you are making millions on the basis of the work done by others ,while paying them wages which they cannot live decently

on, then you are exploiting people for your own gain .

I do believe  that when the judgement comes ,that this will be very important ,and some sins that the rich consider as such,

will be lower down in God's condemnation .

I think the US needs to consider more her attitude to extreme wealth before it ruins her for 'eternal life' .   

So getting back to the thread ,if you APPEAR to be a good christian but are exploiting people ,perhaps you

need to reconsider . 

Edited by Thallasa

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It probably wouldn't bother me or her for either of us to go out to dinner with a very unattractive person though :hmmm:  lol...nevermind..better leave this thread... :sneaking:

:grin:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I have to say that I think it is an American thing about bars  I don't know what bars are like in the States ,but in Europe

most bars are totally respectable where people go for lunch etc .and going occasionally would never ever be seen as as

giving scandal  . Nightclubs yes ,but not most bars, where food is served .

I was in Europe when I was 17 and as I remember the bars/restaurants were charming and had a lot of nice people with wonderful sense's of humor.  My  friends dared me to ask for a "doggie bag"  so I did.  They not only brought out a bag but brought their pet German Shepherd so I could meet him. The people sitting around me and heard my request fell apart laughing, it is a memory I will always treasure.

:mgbowtie: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

shiloh357, on 03 Mar 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

A generation that sees nothing wrong with gay marriage, and predominately accepts sex outside of marriage as acceptable would likely not see having dinner alone with a married member of the opposite sex as problematic.   It's not really as generational as it is simply the lack of a moral compass to guide behavior.

Blessings Shiloh..........Exactly,I don't really care who gets it & who doesn't get it,,,,,,,,,,but I sure am glad that I get it and I have the Lord to thank for it ,,,,,,,,,as you have said earlier ,it is also how much you value your relationships,my relationship with God  & the people God has Blessed me with are immeasurable,,,,,,,dinner is not so important as being the "image" of a Godly woman ,a wife that is a Blessing to her husband,,,,,,,,,doing some silly exercize that can possibly look as if I am joining in a practice to other gods is not as important as being the "image" of a God fearing woman that worships the One True Living God & no other,,,,,,,,,,,nothing "of this world" is as important to me as being (& behaving like) a child of God

I cannot entertain or engage in a discussion that goes round & round & round,,,,,,,,,,,,Shiloh,it is wonderfully refreshing to see a man who is true to his convictions,a God fearing ,Spirit filled man of God,,,,,,,,,,God Bless you                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

Do you not find a certain weakness to a marriage in which one spouse cannot trust the other enough to allow them a dinner with a member of the opposite sex without fear of cheating?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

shiloh357, on 03 Mar 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

A generation that sees nothing wrong with gay marriage, and predominately accepts sex outside of marriage as acceptable would likely not see having dinner alone with a married member of the opposite sex as problematic.   It's not really as generational as it is simply the lack of a moral compass to guide behavior.

Blessings Shiloh..........Exactly,I don't really care who gets it & who doesn't get it,,,,,,,,,,but I sure am glad that I get it and I have the Lord to thank for it ,,,,,,,,,as you have said earlier ,it is also how much you value your relationships,my relationship with God  & the people God has Blessed me with are immeasurable,,,,,,,dinner is not so important as being the "image" of a Godly woman ,a wife that is a Blessing to her husband,,,,,,,,,doing some silly exercize that can possibly look as if I am joining in a practice to other gods is not as important as being the "image" of a God fearing woman that worships the One True Living God & no other,,,,,,,,,,,nothing "of this world" is as important to me as being (& behaving like) a child of God

I cannot entertain or engage in a discussion that goes round & round & round,,,,,,,,,,,,Shiloh,it is wonderfully refreshing to see a man who is true to his convictions,a God fearing ,Spirit filled man of God,,,,,,,,,,God Bless you                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

I am with you here Kwik. I understand exactly where Shiloh is coming from and agree with him completely.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Alex...

Wow,you truly don't get it ,do you?  It is not about trusting one another,it is not about fear of anything,it has nothing to do with weakness of any kind,,,it actually has to do with the strength of the relationship,the love,the respect & the desire to Shine Gods Light for others to see,,,,,,,,,,if you cannot get the jist of what we are saying by now there is nothing further I (or anyone)can say to make you understand

I love,respect,honor & mutually trust  my husband so much  that I would never want to give anyone in this world the notion that I don't by being seen alone at a table in a restuarant with a member of the opposite sex,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what could possibly be the reason for my doing so that I couldn't discuss what was to be discussed with others present? No good reason & I would not give anyone room to say"I saw So & so's wife out alone in a restaurant with another man" It is not about the marriage ,Alex,,,,it is about "the appearance of evil"    That's me,,,,,,                       to God be ALL the Glory                                            Love,Kwik

Yes,Fez    I think many of us do.......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

Blessings Alex...

Wow,you truly don't get it ,do you?  It is not about trusting one another,it is not about fear of anything,it has nothing to do with weakness of any kind,,,it actually has to do with the strength of the relationship,the love,the respect & the desire to Shine Gods Light for others to see,,,,,,,,,,if you cannot get the jist of what we are saying by now there is nothing further I (or anyone)can say to make you understand

I love,respect,honor & mutually trust  my husband so much  that I would never want to give anyone in this world the notion that I don't by being seen alone at a table in a restuarant with a member of the opposite sex,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what could possibly be the reason for my doing so that I couldn't discuss what was to be discussed with others present? No good reason & I would not give anyone room to say"I saw So & so's wife out alone in a restaurant with another man" It is not about the marriage ,Alex,,,,it is about "the appearance of evil"    That's me,,,,,,                       to God be ALL the Glory                                            Love,Kwik

Yes,Fez    I think many of us do.......

Bravo!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

You are right Kwilphilly, I do not get it at all.

What is so special about eating a dinner together?

I do not know about you but I interact with members of the opposite sex on a regular basis, sometimes it is just the two of us, work requires as much. there are times when I am in a car with just me and a girl, just imagine what people could say or think. Should I quit my job in order to avoid such appearances?

I am truly baffled how this one appearance of evil is so strong when it seems that so many more are ignored. I wonder, if you see someone you know eating with someone of the opposite sex who is not their spouse, do you assume the worst is going on?