• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I see nothing wrong with eating bugs - however I smell a rat with this agenda. As Shiloh says, it's not about additional food sources, it's something political.

If somebody wants people to eat insects then just use good old-fashioned free enterprise, market them and sell them. If people want them, they'll buy them. I have no problems with using these things for food, but I do have a problem with people twisting the truth by claiming that it's necessary when it isn't or by pushing it using news articles. Just let Kellogs, or whoever it is that interested sell them if they want.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

If there is really an agenda, the poor guys wouldn't have needed to use Kickstarter to fund their project, they would've been fully funded by the people who have the agenda.

It is normal/recommended for Kickstarter project to generate publicity on the news so people are aware of their project and potentially fund it. Most Kickstarters have no budget to afford advertisement, therefore generating news on news sites is the only affordable way to promote their product. I find that believing, a few person team that as of now couldn't get $10,000 to fund their product, as an world dominating agenda is product of over active imagination.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

Kickstarter is 100% pure free enterprise.

Guest shiloh357

This is not about a few guys, this is coming from the United Nations, of all places.   jade posted a previous article about that.   There is an UN agenda to change this country and it is not for the better.  

It's the countries that have to resort to eating bugs that  the UN needs to enact changes in, instead of trying to encourage America to eat bugs.

This is not about a few guys, this is coming from the United Nations, of all places.   jade posted a previous article about that.   There is an UN agenda to change this country and it is not for the better.  

It's the countries that have to resort to eating bugs that  the UN needs to enact changes in, instead of trying to encourage America to eat bugs.

Where did it said about UN? I only see a link regarding a Kickstarter.

"A London-based company is raising money via Kickstarter to launch a cricket protein bar, called the Crobar."

Is what i see. That news site is awful...always force me to answer survey questions before allow me to read beyond the first couple sentences. Have they no shame.

Guest shiloh357

Again, udx,   Jade posted a previous article on the same topic and it  is a UN based agenda. It's in the "John the Baptist's Breakfast"  thread.  I don't know about these guys, but they are not the only ones, promoting this nonsense.  It is apparently a global agenda.

Again, udx,   Jade posted a previous article on the same topic and it  is a UN based agenda. It's in the "John the Baptist's Breakfast"  thread.  I don't know about these guys, but they are not the only ones, promoting this nonsense.  It is apparently a global agenda.

I think this is a broad generalization then. From the article, it in no way shows they are part of the agenda. Just because they promote something that UN piggyback on for their own purposes doesn't mean they are promoting the agenda. 

Just like not all environmentalist are out for global control. Governments may use environmental issues as a way for global domination, but it doesn't mean the environmentalist themselves have an agenda for global control.. Should make a distinction.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.69
  • Days Won:  226

To each their own.I am not going to eat bugs.

There are bunch of bugs in processed foods anyhow. I find it ironic people are so worked up about this insect bar then go back to eat their processed foods.

"Buy a piece of fruit covered in fruit flies, and you can wash them off. Buy a can of citrus juice, and you’ll be swilling five fruit flies with every 8-ounce cup of juice. Grab an 8-ounce handful of raisins and you could be eating as many as 35 fruit-fly eggs.V"

"These tiny white bugs are common in wheat and other grains that have been stored for a while, but expect to eat a few with your frozen vegetables. And if you haveindoor allergies, that could be a problem"

"If you’ve ever eaten canned food, you’ve probably also eaten a maggot. These disgusting little critters abound in things like canned mushrooms, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and pizza sauces, as well as fresh, frozen, or Maraschino cherries. Mushrooms are by far the worst: 20 maggots are allowed for every 100 grams of drained mushroom, compared with between 1 and 5 for every 500 grams of tomato products."

Sorry, if I gross any of you out, just stating the facts.

Guest shiloh357

I have never witnessed any bugs in any cans of food I have eaten.  I am sure some have probably made it into cans here and there, but it is not an every day occurrence and cannot possibly be comparable to some silly notion that we should all start eating bugs.   

And I don't think it is something the UN is piggy backing on.  I think it is the other way around.   Normal thinking people in the US won't be buying into this nonsense any way soon.  If some wackos want to eat bugs, that's there business and they should just keep it to themselves and not try entice us to join them in their silliness.