ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I see a lot wrong with this.  This not about an additional food source.   We are not starving in this country.  We eat too much as it is.  The last thing this country needs is something else to eat.   This is about another facet of changing America, and more to the point, of changing America into a third world nation.

I think you guys are getting a bit work up about this. Nobody is forcing anyone to consume this product.

Do you know what a kickstarter project is (I funded several)? It is a project waiting for funding....it is not even on the market yet.

There are new processed foods introduced all the time, why single out this one?

Its not about the kickstarter project. It is about how this is yet another article praising eating bugs. I see one at least once a week, often more times, promoting the joys of eating bugs. It is a slick campaign to eventually change the mindset of americans to eating bugs. The UN on their website says they aim to get bugs to be a viable worldwide food source. The media has bought into that agenda.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

I have never witnessed any bugs in any cans of food I have eaten.  I am sure some have probably made it into cans here and there, but it is not an every day occurrence and cannot possibly be comparable to some silly notion that we should all start eating bugs.   

A lot of these bugs could not be seen in processed foods because they are blended in, like in juice products and tomato sauces.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

I'd be worried when they say, 

" Only at McDonald's"    :taped:

I'd be worried when they say, 

" Only at McDonald's"    :taped:

They could easily blend those in to their McNuggets. With the chemistry set flavoring, nobody would tell the difference.

Guest shiloh357

It's much ado about nothing, udx.   You can buy into the conspiracies if you want.  I have found that your sources are less than trustworthy at times,  and so I am really not convinced.   I will eat as I always have and will be making any changes in foreseeable future.   If you think its' a good idea to dine on bugs, I will let you have them all. 

It's much ado about nothing, udx.   You can buy into the conspiracies if you want.  I have found that your sources are less than trustworthy at times,  and so I am really not convinced.   I will eat as I always have and will be making any changes in foreseeable future.   If you think its' a good idea to dine on bugs, I will let you have them all. 

This isn't a conspiracy. It is government regulation of allowed substances in our foods. Read the regulations if you want to know the truth. 

Do you classify anything that is too gross/incredible to believe as conspiracy and automatically dismiss it?

Keep in mind, you are also advocating a conspiracy, the conspiracy that UN wants everyone to consume bugs. 

When did I say it is a good idea to dine on bugs......big straw man argument here. I said it is inconsistent to throw a big fuss about bugs in some product that you can choose not to eat, but don't make a big deal about regulations that allow bugs in processed foods that is put in everything so you can't consciously avoid.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I am a long distance runner and in the summer when it is hot I accidentally swallow bugs often! It is so gross! When it is really hot and I am having trouble breathing I will run with my mouth open and I can feel a bug get caught in my throat...I hope they don't have too many calories :)