• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

So your one of those people against separation of church and state....sick.

I guess you were ok with the crusade against muslims. A historical event that non-believers use against us.

I think you missed the point, Plissken.

It's not a matter of the separation of church and state, it's a matter of a man that tries to let God lead him in his decisions.

Don't you try to let God lead your life? Would you hide your faith in Christ if you happened to win the election for Mayor in your town?

Is their some sort of requirement for public office to become an atheist in order to serve?

The policy of separation of church and state, what little there is to it, has more to do with one religion or denomination becoming official national policy and the national religion, than it does with an individuals faith in God that gets elected.

See the difference?

Thanks, Brother.

t.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Your right ( and wrong concerning this administration ). But this Bush administration is a government that involves religion in its politics.

and it's about time, too! thank God bush involves his FAITH in his every day life, which just happens to be running our country.

but if you think bush is the only politician in washington, you really are very naieve.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you were ok with the crusade against muslims. A historical event that non-believers use against us.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

- Friedrich Nietzsche ( yes I know who Nietzsche is )

and Ovedya, you don't even believe un-classified government documents that show direct evidence, PROOF of CIA drug dealing? I've said it before and I'll say it again, even Oliver North admitted in his own words in his diary that he dealt drugs! what will you believe? Oh, I know. Everything that comes out of rupert murdoch's mouth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who's Rupert Murdoch?

Guest firefromheaven
I see your point.

I know my cousin and nephew,  but no one else in this board does and anything any of us hear is 2nd hand.

I would like to request that anyone who is willing will pray for my cousins recovery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heavenly Father I ask you to heal KatyAnn's cousin and nephew like you healed me. I ask you to forgive them of their sins and save them ,restore them complete health like they were physically before they went to Iraq.Most of all Lord heal their soul in Jesus name amen

I think you missed the point, Plissken.

It's not a matter of the separation of church and state, it's a matter of a man that tries to let God lead him in his decisions.

Don't you try to let God lead your life? Would you hide your faith in Christ if you happened to win the election for Mayor in your town?

Is their some sort of requirement for public office to become an atheist in order to serve?

The policy of separation of church and state, what little there is to it, has more to do with one religion or denomination becoming official national policy and the national religion, than it does with an individuals faith in God that gets elected.

See the difference?

Thanks, Brother.

t.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you ted :thumbsup:

separation of church and state is not constitutional, do you realize that? our founding fathers never meant to take all aspects of one's faith away from the responsibility of managing this country. to the contrary, they understood exactly how important a person's faith IS to the job they do, and their effectiveness, and to the future of all people.

the constitution doesn't say keep God out of government. what it says is "congress shall make NO LAW regarding the ESTABLISHMENT of a religion" nor regarding the freedom of the people to express theirs. the problem i see with our government is that they violate that constitutional ammendment left and right... they make laws forbidding the expression of religion and faith.

in the true spirit of the term, i am very supportive of separation of church and state... in that i do not believe that our government should promote one religion over any other, should not force the people to conform to religion, and should not make laws forbidding people to put up nativity scenes in the public square.

but like ted said, the point of the matter is you can't separate a man from his faith just because he's in a public office. bush (nor any other president) should not stifle and suppress their faith just because someone may be offended. he has a tremendous responsibility, and for the sake of our nation, for the sake of me, and my children, he NEEDS to start his day with prayer and seek God's guidance. this isn't about violating some liberal idea of what separation of church and state is, this is about one man who is in charge of our country having a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with our Lord and Savior. if you think that he should not communicate with God while he's in office, then you're wanting our commander in chief to violate the constitution that he is sworn to uphold.

Guest His_Servant

Alright, here is my two cents which I am sure will not be appreciated...

Is our government corrupt in ways? YEP! Are there things going on in Iraq and other parts of the world at the hands of our miliary and government that they hope to keep secret? Maybe. Will it ever get better? Probably NOT. Is there honestly anything we can do to help? MOST CERTAINLY....spread the good news of Christ Jesus!

Some people are always trying to prove how messed up our government and Bush's administration is, and can get quite nasty in doing so. Sadly, many of them are even christians who are getting so nasty with their words and opinions. This is how I see it....this world is going down the drain. It continues to get worse and worse everyday, and it isn't just our government, but ALL governments/countries around the world. Why is this happening? Well, because God said it would happen, and God does not lie. Has this happened because of a lot of foolishness? Well yeah, but God always knew how the people of this world would get, and just when we would mess things up so badly (by WE I am not meaning YOU who is reading this necessarily...but you should know that anyway). Now the world is sinking deeper and deeper into moral darkness, and if you're a christian, then you should have read the book to know how the story goes and ends. You should know that the story doesn't get any better until the King of Kings returns.

SO why bicker and complain all the time about how messed up our government is, especially if you cannot speak as a christian should in the process? It's okay to disagree with our president, and it certainly is okay to voice your opinions and HOPE and PRAY there will be changes. If you're going to attack, though, I would suggest that, as a child of God, you take a step back before you speak. Think about God's word and what it says will most definitely happen. Think about who you are in Christ, and who you are supposed to be. Then perhaps others will take you seriously as a christian. It amazes me how a topic like this can be brought up, and before you know it, some get so offensive and turn it into an attack....saying things no christian should say to another.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....the world is a mess, and it isn't going to get very much better. If you truly want to help and open people's eyes, start preaching/teaching/whatever the good news of Christ Jesus like there literally is NO TOMORROW! For anyone who is obsessed or way too interested in government conspiracies and so forth, focus more of your time and energy into being a witness to others....a LIGHT in this darkened world. As I said before, it's perfectly okay to disagree and be interested in things like this. For the christian, I believe that interest can get TERRIBLY out of hand, however.

Okay, theres my two cents. I'll check back later to see if any christians have tried to TEAR ME APART with their words. I do hope that doesn't happen, though. GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by His_Servant

well i thought it was a great post, servant! you're absolutely right... the world is going down the tubes because that's exactly what God said would happen. no sense in trying to stop the downward spiral. the only thing we can or should be doing is trying to reach as many as we can before the world bottoms out. and we don't reach many people when we're bickering like a bunch of heathens.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

well i thought it was a great post, servant! you're absolutely right... the world is going down the tubes because that's exactly what God said would happen. no sense in trying to stop the downward spiral. the only thing we can or should be doing is trying to reach as many as we can before the world bottoms out. and we don't reach many people when we're bickering like a bunch of heathens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lady C, I have been very guilty of doing just that and I do appoligise to all. My views on conspiracy stuff have not changed, but my only goals are to make sure people don't get fooled by what is happening.

se

i'm guilty too, other one... we all do our share of bickering when we feel strongly about a given subject. i wasn't pointing fingers. :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

So, was Jesus a pacifist? I DON'T think He was! Twice in the New Testament, He cleansed the temple by force. The Bible says He made a whip, and He went in and cleansed the temple. He didn't politely ask them,