the enquirer

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thank you Ezra for your advice. I am currently reading John but don't really know how to Study. I also have difficulty having set times as I am on strong medication and find myself falling asleep in the morning and evening. But you are right I need to discipline myself and

find some time of the day to do both.

Might I suggest getting an audio Bible....    you can download an Alex Scorby bible that isn't very expensive.  It's formatted well and in MP3 format.   I usually listen to the bible once a year and the new testament much more than that.

It might help to try that way.

Also keep in mind that its a good sized book and sometimes it's hard to understand some things if you haven't read the rest of it.   I didn't really start to grasp things until I had read the whole thing once, then as I read the rest (especially the new testament) it all kind of fit together.

That has been my experience anyway.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Hi all, thank you all who have posted advice and suggestions here.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

i am sorry I don't know where to post this. I consider myself a Christian although only recently returned to the fold as I had backslidden. Anyway as a Christian shouldn't I understand the bible.? The Parables and Letters plus Prophesy often puzzle me.

"What do I need to know?"

Christianity is about following Yeshua in order to learn how to properly translate your spirit.

The way to understand that is to see that my words here are the image of my awareness and my awareness is of my spirit.

e.g. These words are the image of my awareness or what I have conceived of my spirit, or what I have conceived of my will, which is: to help you understand Christianity and thus understand The Way... That is my spirit, my will, my desire; and that is what my words here are for: to lead you to my awareness of my spirit - so you may conceive the truth. (My word/body is given to you so that you conceive truth/my awareness/my spirit/my images.)

Love, agape, or charity seems to be a key spiritual focal point. So then, that is, we are to learn to translate love properly -- to manifest proper images of love, which is, God's Spirit, which is his will for us... We, as Church or Bride, take in his image, and by the spirit therein, we gain awareness which we translate as good fruit/Truth/the Body.

Learn to conceive Truth / learn to produce good fruit / plant seeds (what you have seen/heard). (produce good images for producing good awareness/spirit/images...infinitely repeating) (Think infinity imaged as spectra.)

When you start to see and hear you will be filled with so much joy and love for him. God is amazing. :)

Oh and stay away from doubting God. Don't translate that doubt into your body. Don't image it. Your spirit wants to translate what is good/love, so if you think doubt or wickedness is good, if that is what you love, and you translate that, your awareness/psyche/soul will become those images, and you will not be able to see beyond the doubt you have translated/imaged. That goes for anything negative being imaged as "good". Try to only translate what is Truth/Good/Love so you become.

Edit: I guess I should have said the obvious as well: We are trying to get to Father. We follow to seek Father, to be with him.

Edited by Cog

I guess I should have said the obvious as well....

We are trying to get to Father....

We follow to seek Father....

to be with him....

:thumbsup:

The

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Son

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

And His Father

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

~

Praise The Name Of Yeshua (Jesus)

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:23

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/18/1987

I noticed a lot of people just spit out a bunch of scripture at you. Which may help if you study their meanings long enough but I know that can become overwhelming at times. The simple truth is this, God will meet you where you are on your walk with him. The mass message all throughout the scriptures is that God loves us! Ask any seasoned Christian and they will tell you that they still don’t fully understand all the bible and its infinite meanings. Its good to start small and grow as God shapes you. I would suggest picking up Jesus Calling. Its a daily devotional that takes 2 min to read in the morning or at night. There are scriptural foot notes at the bottom to reference the passages. Another great and easy read is The Cure. Pick that up and I promise you will remember what it should feel like to take Gods love for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I noticed a lot of people just spit out a bunch of scripture at you. Which may help if you study their meanings long enough but I know that can become overwhelming at times. The simple truth is this, God will meet you where you are on your walk with him. The mass message all throughout the scriptures is that God loves us! Ask any seasoned Christian and they will tell you that they still don’t fully understand all the bible and its infinite meanings. Its good to start small and grow as God shapes you. I would suggest picking up Jesus Calling. Its a daily devotional that takes 2 min to read in the morning or at night. There are scriptural foot notes at the bottom to reference the passages. Another great and easy read is The Cure. Pick that up and I promise you will remember what it should feel like to take Gods love for you.

Or you could just pick up the bible and read it in the Spirit, and meditate on the Word, and let God speak.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Understanding scripture is what God wants us to do.   We each have our own way we learn.  I learn more by listening to scripture through an audio bible, then I can do a topical study on the questions that arise.  Others learn just by reading books.  Others learn  by taking scripture and discussing it with others.  All are valid ways of learning scripture and how to apply it to our lives.  Point is, the Holy Spirit is the teacher.  Though I am sure there are many great books by man to encourage us, scripture is given to us from God.

As for "spitting out scripture", I see people use scripture to back what they are saying, not just throwing them a the question.  Devotionals are for those who don't want to take the time to sit down and devote time to studying, but I find them very vague and offer little direction.

I noticed a lot of people just spit out a bunch of scripture at you....

Which may help if you study their meanings long enough....

but I know that can become overwhelming at times....

The simple truth is this....

God will meet you where you are on your walk with him....

The mass message all throughout the scriptures is that God loves us....

Ask any seasoned Christian and they will tell you....

that they still don’t fully understand all the bible and its infinite meanings....

Its good to start small....

and grow as God shapes you....

:thumbsup:

Beloved, If God's Word Is Closed To You

The entire vision will be to you like the words of a sealed book, which when they give it to the one who is literate, saying, “Please read this,” he will say, “I cannot, for it is sealed.” Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, “Please read this.” And he will say, “I cannot read.”

Then the Lord said,

“Because this people draw near with their words

And honor Me with their lip service,

But they remove their hearts far from Me,

And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote, Isaiah 29:11-13 (New American Standard Bible)

Call Out His Holy Name

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13 (English Standard Version)

And Start Small

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (English Standard Version)

And Grow

Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You. Psalms 119:11 (New American Standard Bible)

~

As I Read It, It Seems A Very Wise Thing

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

To Mix Truth Only With Truth

“Every word of God is flawless;

he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Do not add to his words,

or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6 (New International Version)

Least One Poisons

They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen. Romans 1:25 (New International Version)

The Little Ones

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. 1 John 5:21 (English Standard Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword, and the Christian’s character.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

CHRIST is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment and will be remembered forever.

It Involves the highest responsibility, will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Front Of My Gideon New Testament

I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness,

for you have exalted above all things your name and your word. Psalms 138:2 (English Standard Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

i am sorry I don't know where to post this. I consider myself a Christian although only recently returned to the fold as I had backslidden. Anyway as a Christian shouldn't I understand the bible.? The Parables and Letters plus Prophesy often puzzle me.

Nice question. All I can share with you is how it works for me. When I was young only 16. I tried to read the Bible. It but me to sleep. I would read one or two paragraphs and out I went. I did this for months. I was determined to learn the word of God. It never stopped putting me out. So I decided. That wasn't the way God wanted me to learn. Before I started I had made a prayer to God asking him to make me the person he wanted me to be. I asked for more then that. Everything I asked for had to do with knowledge and understanding. So the Bible thing kind of through me. I already know a lot about Jesus and his ministry. I also already know that the spirit was real. I had had 2 out of body experiences. I only had faith that God was real. I didn't know what to believe about Jesus. 33 years latter I still haven't read much of the Bible. I got all the knowledge I asked for and quite a bit more of it. I don't just have faith that God is real. I know God is real. I know Jesus is real too. I also know you can't find one without the other being there to. There one and the same. Jesus was sent here to teach us and to change the Covent . Jesus is the way. How he was raised is the way. He was of the most learnied at 12 years of age. That's in the Bible somewhere. I've had 4 people tell me that. Everyone said the same thing. That gives me reason to trust it. So learning is important. Not just the Bible but about most anything. Let the holy Spirit be your guide. If you have a question find an answer. We are all different. God wants us to learn for our self's. The more you know the less likely you are to be fooled and the easier it is to understand just about anything. Even the Bible. What Jesus had to say is fairly easy to understand. So as for the Bible that's a good place to start. As for the rest I would get lots of different perceptions and then deside on your own. Doesn't matter if you agree with anyone else. Your a unique person and that's what God wants you to be.

Edited by 65Michael